What happened to your Roffle win car.

Crusty Sills

I've only won the one car, Mr Moogs Suzuki Swift.

http://autoshite.com/topic/25497-someone-is-getting-a-car-for-a-pint-tonight/

I was in the dog house for a couple of days (it might've been the lack of paint on the bumpers) but now it's "Her car".

No FTP's, starts first time, sailed through two mot's and small enough for the good lady to park easy.

(I realise I've cursed it now).

That Saab convertible, while not a Roffle prize, has come to me three times in a swop, and left me for one swop and two cash sales. I can see it coming back time after time!

Hot live Saab action:

xJqJIsN.jpg

Won in a raffle from Bucketeer, with a ticket I swapped for some Datsun posters. I've fixed the hood and got someone to weld the suspension back on, which hopefully makes up for my hilariously bad bodywork repair skills after someone drove into it a few weeks after I picked it up. I have fixed precisely none of its many other faults.

I had made noises about moving it on to get some money towards a boiler, but my girlfriend has become attached to it. Obvs if I do it will be by the medium of RAFFLE and eddy gets a ticket.

I've never won a roffle, despite entering dozens of them - long may that continue, given I've got 3 tickets for that Volvo tonight. I did buy this from Cavcraft though, after PBK roffled it (I bought 10 tickets that time and still lost).

rov.jpg

It was very nice but unfortunately I killed it by driving it through about a foot of floodwater. Ended up as a corpse at 6-cylinders Field of Dreams:

post-4787-0-76039700-1521819901.jpg

I've driven* that!

(sat on the floor steering it with waterpump pliers as six_cylinder dragged it forwards so I could remove the rear lower arms for split pin!

As Eddyramrod said I got sloppy seconds on the ex bollox Rover 220, a truly outstanding car that I think is still within the fold somewhere 

Not even a sniff in any other roffle and could easily have bought a decent car with all the entry prices but where is the fun in that  

I won a Kia Magentis from Xtriple. I've sunk a few quid into it and scrubbed the interior and it's still with TwoSmoke being an awkward Korean bastard.

When it finally behaves, it'll get punted through an MOT, get some replacement tyres and a service, then it's provisionally already sold to a shiter. Don't intend to make a profit on it, but I want to recoup the money I've spent on it.

My roffle winning 406 coupe is still in my possession. I've been sorting out its issues the past year. Its just past its 20th year registered so I can now chuck it on my classic insurance. It will lead a pampered existence from now on. I'm planning on taking it to the south of France next year on a road trip. I'll chuck a separate thread up on it once it's finished. I pulled it out of storage a few weeks back to stretch its legs a bit.post-20412-0-81253600-1536175451_thumb.jpg

The ex Bornite/ Alsomike 306 roffle cab has continued to be great fun throughout the summer, a new Valeo clutch has been bought and shall be fitted once the sun decides to finally dissappear. I've also got a hardtop for the winter months to protect the hood...it needs painting so I'll get the small bits of patchy paint done at the same.post-20412-0-31884500-1536175824_thumb.jpg

19017217540_22dda0b80d_c.jpgDSC_1138 by srblythe, on Flickr

I ended up with this after the winner of the roffle was going to scrap it and I ended up buying it for £200 or something.

40377779915_f09bae3ce7_c.jpgRJC_0712 by srblythe, on Flickr

I still have it but it just ran out of mot at the end of August and I haven't gotten round to putting it through another one. I used it quite a lot over last winter so think possibly it deserves a break this year.

37385891242_6f435aea1f_c.jpgDSC_0685 by srblythe, on Flickr

The Rover 220 Sli I ended up buying all the tickets for it then lent it to Richard for a while, used it for some A-framing then gave it to Nisfan

43418641435_1104e05f9d_c.jpgRJC_3536 by srblythe, on Flickr

43607470634_0d26c15832_c.jpgRJC_3535 by srblythe, on Flickr

He lent it to Captain 70's for a while when all of his cars were fucked. Recently it was used in "Still Game" and the production company paid to have the windows tinted so now along with the white alloys it looks extra Barry.

It's now sitting unused so may end up coming back up for Roffle at some point.

The Xantia Rofflewin I got off RobT a little while back (and has it's own thread in my sig) is currently laguishing at the bottom of my garden under a free party-tent/marquee thing, jammed up in high and waiting for me to attack it with a grinder and a welder. Turns out it needs quite a bit more surgery than I had initially hoped, and one of the bits it needs is in a bastard awkward location, meaning I need to drop the front strut out.

It's very worth it though. I hadn't started it in 4 months, and it started with about 2 cylinders over TDC, all 4 cylinders joined in immediately, and there was barely any clag. Brilliant engine! I may even see about getting the AC working.

Need to try and remember.

Red low mileage Suzuki swift - won and collected to go with my blue one. Roffled on as too nice for me

Rover 214 I won off Cav - drove it home then sold it to Johnk

Recent volvo S60 win has been swapped for a Saab c900

Pug 406 2.1 won off Bub was my daily for a bit then pump went - so fragged

Mgf from PBK went to my uncle as a track car.

Mgf from warninglight has gone to be loved by broadsword

VW polo won from Reb and then sold back to him without ever setting eyes on it.

I can't remember if there are any more.

Sounds a lot but bought many many tickets.

I have roffled Vel satis, swift and Skoda i think.

Red low mileage Suzuki swift - won and collected to go with my blue one. Roffled on as too nice for me

And I thought Eddy had won most of the cars!!

Winner technically in 3 raffles. The Peugeot 605 last week. The Henry Mug Roffle. And 3 years ago the Ex. Bollox Ex. JohnK Rover 214 Si. Still driving the 214 and its a great wee car. It will be on display at Farming Yesteryear in Scone this weekend and last year I had the above mentioned bike 220 at Scone show after buying from Cavcraft and selling onto Foad.

http://autoshite.com/topic/20945-raffle-1992-j-rover-214si-%C2%A3550/

Recent picture from last week.

post-17772-0-54422700-1536183865_thumb.jpg

I need to enter a Roffle. 9 months in and yet to do so, so I'm still a virgin.

Limited money and need a decent* motor so I don't mind spending a couple of quid on something. There are a few motors for sale on here I'd love to own, but out of my paltry budget. If Bramz wants to ruffle his Renault 11 or that nice Saab convertible go that route, then I'd buy a couple of tickets!

My one and only roffle win to date was a blue Suzuki Swift and I cannot even remember who from.  I do recall I sold it to Mr Moog without ever laying eyes on it, he had a couple of months and then I think it failed its MOT due to being mostly made of bran flakes.  

The ex-RobT beige Rover 214 of many previous roffles which I swapped the above 220SLi for with JohnK after my second stint of ownership (do try to keep up at the back there) got re-roffled once more when I'd finished with it and was won by Angry Sheep who passed it on to of his mates, who collected it from me while I was out.  Unfortunately, he only managed about 10 miles in it before one of the brake calipers seized solid.  Fortunately a local garage sorted out the issue and he finished his long drive home successfully, no idea what happened to it after that though and I think it's out of MOT now.

post-5492-0-00301400-1482525908.jpg

If the 220SLi comes up for roffle again, I will be honour-bound to buy a few tickets.  I got quite attached to the old crate over my two ownership periods.  

I've never won a roffle, despite entering dozens of them - long may that continue, given I've got 3 tickets for that Volvo tonight.  I did buy this from Cavcraft though, after PBK roffled it (I bought 10 tickets that time and still lost).

attachicon.gifrov.jpg

It was very nice but unfortunately I killed it by driving it through about a foot of floodwater.  Ended up as a corpse at 6-cylinders Field of Dreams:

attachicon.gifpost-4787-0-76039700-1521819901.jpg

A nice chap from Northampton had the interior out of this 75 for his own car. As a result of that introduction to Six-cylinder, said chap collected and looked after a new exhaust for Six-cylinder's Visa twin. This has just been fitted for the MOT, which was thus passed, allowing said Visa twin to go to the ball this weekend for the Visa 40th birthday celebrations at Little Horwood... so all is well that ends well! :-) 

I've only won the one car, Mr Moogs Suzuki Swift.

http://autoshite.com/topic/25497-someone-is-getting-a-car-for-a-pint-tonight/

I was in the dog house for a couple of days (it might've been the lack of paint on the bumpers) but now it's "Her car".

No FTP's, starts first time, sailed through two mot's and small enough for the good lady to park easy.

(I realise I've cursed it now).

The Suzuki Swift I roffled off as I bought it from a local trader as it had done ridiculously low mileage. Was a solid little motor spoilt by the shabby bumpers. I roffled it when I bought the zx which I preferred. I then went completely mad and took the car tally up to six shonky Citroens.

I won two roffles.

Probably 2-3 years ago, pretty blue 3 door Baleno. I've given it to a close friend who found himself at the time in a shit situation and needed a car. He has driven it up and down the country for few months until it broke down somewhere near Bedford. It was terminal breakage so it was sold for parts.

Last year I won MGF which I was really excited about but with needing 4 seats I passed it on to Barmatt for enough money to buy a Pug 405.

C15 van was a win of yours wasn't it?

As a rule, I don't really win raffles. I did however win the roffle Micra from Loserone but with a bit of help ;)

With the help of Dollywobblah getting up to Durham I retrieved it, placed a stereo in it, replaced the screen and now it is providing reliable transportation for Ma_Sterling after her Micra got punted into.

I still maintain and always will. For reliable and cheap motoring, the K11 Micra is a soldier of a vehicle.

Think I won 4, maybe 5. The one that stands out though was the Cannock Auctions 307CC 'surprise' win.  There was more than this with it, but the lighlights were:

Steam coming from the glovebox.

Various electrical things not working.

I think it'd taken a knock/been repaired.

I sold it cheap to a mate, who investigated the faults, and here's what he found.

Needed a new 4 way window switch: Fitted one, worked fine.

CD player didn't work: He removed it and some of the dash to find a later wiring loom had been really badly bodged into place. He spliced/repaired it and more things started working.

The glovebox has been sealed shut: He managed to open it, to find a new heater matrix inside that was not connected to anything I think the pipes had been laughably shoved together, which caused the steam and water leaks. Unbelievably, he tested the matrix and it worked fine. Better still, he refitted it and the problem was resolved. Who on God's earth bodges pipes together, bypasses a matrix then seals the door shut so nobody can find it when it'd have been easier to have just fitted the very part right in front of your face?

I'll give whoever put it through the auctions his/her due, their bodging was top drawer and it found a buyer. They must have had a bloody good night on the piss on he result of that being sold, I certainly would have! Incidentally it went through at least five different owners very shortly afterwards, was quite amusing seeing it pop up on social media from various sellers.

I must point out that precisely none of the above is a complaint against the roffle on here, quite the reverse. It was an auction buy, totally unknown condition wise and in fact it wasn't even revealed what the car was. Would I buy ticket for something like this again? You can gamble your apologetic arse, it was a great laugh from start to finish.

My roffle winning 406 coupe is still in my possession. I've been sorting out its issues the past year. Its just past its 20th year registered so I can now chuck it on my classic insurance. It will lead a pampered existence from now on. I'm planning on taking it to the south of France next year on a road trip. I'll chuck a separate thread up on it once it's finished. I pulled it out of storage a few weeks back to stretch its legs a bit.attachicon.gif_20180711_170225.JPG

The ex Bornite/ Alsomike 306 roffle cab has continued to be great fun throughout the summer, a new Valeo clutch has been bought and shall be fitted once the sun decides to finally dissappear. I've also got a hardtop for the winter months to protect the hood...it needs painting so I'll get the small bits of patchy paint done at the same.attachicon.gif_20180829_013838.JPG

That 406 is such a good looking car. I remember having quite the horn for it when the roffle was on.

Not a raffle win, but I bought stripped Fred’s old 406 hdi. Was repaired and used for a few weeks until my unit neighbours Honda Accord ran its main bearings.

Was on 225k miles last I know, but bearings starting to go in the gearbox.

They took it on and ran it another 9mths or so.

Last I heard they’d sold it on, and were inundated with fines for speeding and parking.

Probably been seized or dragged by now, sadly.