What happened to your Roffle win car.

Crusty Sills

Missing out on the Prelude Roffle made me think about previous Roffle cars that have been and gone.

Mine.

in November 2015 I won a Toyota Celica N188 BSC from Sporty Shite for the princely sum of £12

http://autoshite.com/topic/22402-celica-gen-6-20-gt-all-tickets-sold-will-draw-tonight/

post-17510-0-23893800-1536143480_thumb.jpg

post-17510-0-38705700-1536143506_thumb.jpg

post-17510-0-50615800-1536143700_thumb.jpg

Came with lovely alloys and a newer model interior that was very nice. It was great to drive if a little slower than I thought it would be.

Craig The Princess did a sterling delivery service.

The family loved it and it arrived at just the right time as the family car had to have garage work soon after leaving us needing a car to use.

As with lots of things, space and life meant she it had to go.

Sold to a man in Lowestoft (poor car) for £600

Car is Currently out of MOT and untaxed, I think we all know its probable fate!! Shame.

So how many have been through these great beige pages and what happened to yours?

I've not won a roffle, but I've ended up with two roffle cars when the winners didn't want them, so I guess that counts.

Volvo 740 from Dollywobbler - Damp and smelly but a survivor of a car - looked worse than it was. Sold on for not a lot of money, can't remember who to...

Vauxhall Astra Mk2 Estate from PBK - Cracking car, spent lots on it , made my money back when I had to sell due to lack of income.

At work so don't have images, will update later if I can find any...

I won the red Rover 214 from RobT, I used it for a few months for the school run and bobbing about, fettling a few bits on the way. Then my next door neighbour had her car written off, so I sold the Rover to her. It narrowly avoided the scrap man twice, once when the only key/immobiliser thing broke, her garage quoted something insane like £200 to sort it but thanks to some help from here I managed to provide her with the number of a key guru who sorted it for £15! The next close shave was recently, she bought a car from a client of hers and asked me if I wanted to buy the Rover back, or it was going to the scrap man! I talked her into keeping it on her drive for a couple of weeks and Catsinthewelder came up from the wilds to buy it. (As above).

It's not a bad thing at all and it would have been a real waste to scrap it, I'm pleased it's found a home on the forum

AutoShite bike 51 reg burgundy Vectra SRI 150.

Kept it only for a few weeks before deciding to punt it on, but got it a fresh MOT first as it only had a few weeks left

In the dark days of January it proved tricky to sell, even with a years test! Ended up getting about £300 IIRC

Saw it on gumtree again a few months later for a lot more money, now "no longer on the database"

Won the Accord of many colours from SOC, drag raced on the way home and ran it for three months.

Bodged the PAS leak but couldn’t sort the holed rusty exhaust manifold so sold it to a chap called “Alistair” (who had an Eastern European accent).

Won the e36 320 from 320T (who else) whilst in the pub for Supernaught’s birthday drinks.

Gave him the car as a birthday gift, he’s happily driving and improving it at the moment.

The first one I won was the Panhard65 MG ZT, kindly delivered as far as Manchester for me by Phil_lihp.  I drove it around for a couple of weeks but failed to bond with it, so let Chompy_snake have it.  I think Bobthebeard has it now, or did recently.

On the day that arrived I also won a blue Saab estate from Moog, again kindly delivered.  I drove that one around for several months but sold it when the MoT ran out and it was going to need some money spending.  It went outside the forum and I've lost track now.

Next up was the white Rover 220 bike, which I think FOAD has now.  I couldn't make the logistics work to collect it, so let Omegod have it as he was in need.  He still owes me an ice cream for that one!

After that I got to meet him, as he handled the handover of Taxi_Paul's Rover 75.  That was a nice car but the interior had been cleaned with something my skin reacted to, so before long I couldn't drive it.  I swopped it to my late mate Dave (for the elastic Saab convertible that keeps coming back to me!) and it's disappeared now, but it was his last car and I like to think I sent him off in style.

Last one I won was a 405 estate from Bramz7, but I never even got to drive it.  He kindly delivered it as far as Lancaster for me, where we were met by Djimbob who took it away and left me the Saab convertible again.  Jim can tell you where the 405 is now.

That Saab convertible, while not a Roffle prize, has come to me three times in a swop, and left me for one swop and two cash sales.  I can see it coming back time after time!

Let me think...

The first was Barry Shitpeas' 850 T5. Sold on to Creeping Jesus.

I had a gorgeous looking 760 Turbo Auto from Jonathan_Dyane which developed a running fault. Inspection showed it was quite ripe underneath; broken for spares. The Council Estate still wears those wheels.

I'm sure I won four roffles... can't remember the other two now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My only Roffle win was the lovely Talbot Horizon. I then spent a fortune getting it roadworthy and trying to cure the leaks from the terminally rotten bulkhead that had been badly repaired before. Not to mention having the windscreen glued back in when it fell out. Flogged off to a local chap for what I spent on it. Currently on sorn after the mot I put on it ran out in January.

I've never won a roffle, despite entering dozens of them - long may that continue, given I've got 3 tickets for that Volvo tonight.  I did buy this from Cavcraft though, after PBK roffled it (I bought 10 tickets that time and still lost).

post-179-0-53339500-1536159102_thumb.jpg

It was very nice but unfortunately I killed it by driving it through about a foot of floodwater.  Ended up as a corpse at 6-cylinders Field of Dreams:

post-179-0-04098600-1536159345_thumb.jpg

Colt of many shiters - won by default from DW - sold to castros_bro. Engine died.

Yeah - apologies I actually won that roffle but due to forgetting all about it and fucking off to France with my daughter (and not logging in for over a week) I didn't collect the Colt.  In poetic justice I have never won a roffle since.

I roffled the Puma that I bought locally on here and Mcoli won it (Edit - see his above mention) - but despite being shorter than me, his proportions made it a tricky fit (non-adjustable steering column didn't help).  Last I saw it had had loads of work done on it and passed onto someone's son on here (forget who now) - there's quite a bit of it on a thread somewhere.  Last heard of overheating in Scotland.

I've 'won' two off of RobT, a Rover 75 which I actually won and the light blue 405 with 193,000 miles which Cavcraft won and I got off him; it's proved extremely useful for bits for my other two (not to mention Junkman when he had his unfortunate prang).

I won't include pics because I'm sorry to say they both have now been made into coke cans.  The Rover I probably should have re-roffled but the MOT was up things needed doing.  I could have roffled the 405 but it would have been for half a car and not with much appeal methinks.

Won the e36 320 from 320T (who else) whilst in the pub for Supernaught’s birthday drinks.

Gave him the car as a birthday gift, he’s happily driving and improving it at the moment.

Indeed I am. No intentions of getting rid of it either.

I've not actually won any roffles directly, though.

Whatever happened to that green merc WilsonX2 won? Actually where's Wilson I haven't seen him for a while?

He rebranded to Jim Bell.

Seriously, that guy has reinvented himself more than Chris Evans.

The Merc from what I remember wasn’t in the best of health with a loss of coolant. It was me that brought it into the fold last August; Sri05 picked it up in January.