Mighty AX ROFFLING at £11 a go. Pull your socks up in preparation for the Big Wheel Trim Reveal this week!! (or maybe next week)

Tomtation

Hello fellow shiters, heres another one for sale from me. More life decisions have hapenned and so the truly mighty AX must begone. As the ad says, I am really not wanting to sell this cool little car, not quite sure why it IS so cool and fun to drive, as it's a measly 1.0 and pov-ish spec too, but, it jolly well is! I R GENUINLY sad to have to sell it :evil:

So it is currently SORN and has decent MOT, due 23/04/2019. Insurance was peanuts, cheapest car i've ever insured. Also comes with a FREE almost half tank of fuel

See below for the serious, straight talking advert that I haven't modified onto shite-speak, much to my own disappointment, and probably yours too. Basically, i've done some servicing and shit, and it's pretty damn tidy. A few niggles, dent in drivers door (some fool dropped something on it), small hole in rear seat base (not sure what some fool did there), small patch of rust in the usual area behind the headlamps (only fool rust i've seen on the car) and the LHS indicators come on when you press the brake pedal, this started hapenning for no apparent reason with the car sat SORN on my drive!? I'm thinking maybe brake light switch - i've checked the rear rlight cluster wires and earths, cleaned them for the hell of it even though they appeared to be good anyway.

I am regretfully selling my 1995 Citroen AX 1.0i 3dr Elation, it is regretful because I unexpectedly really like this little car! It was bought as an austerity measure as we were saving for a deposit to buy a house, however we have now bought one and need to raise some funds to help with all of the not so little fees associated with buying a house.

The previous owner did 100 miles or so a year in it! It was also kept garaged in her ownership, hence the relatively low mileage of 60 odd thousand and the good condition of the body work – I have found 3 pieces of rust, one at the base of the drivers wing and one small patch behind each headlamp (common AX rust area), all the other usual rust areas seem to be solid and clean which was one of the reasons that I bought it. It also comes with a fair amount of service history.

The exterior is in good condition with just some age-related small imperfections, the only thing of note is a dent and scrape in the driver’s door where the previous owner dropped something on it from a high shelf in their garage. The interior is in a similarly good condition, with a loose or otherwise not correctly mounted radio (complete with original code paperwork and which works very well) and a small hole in the fabric of the rear seat base being the only things of note. I have replaced the wheel trims with less than cheap universal ones, as the ones it came with were smashed and broken, the tyres on the front are good with plenty of tread and the rears do have tread but will need replacing in the next year or so.

It benefits from an Immobiliser, with a fob required to start it. This system all works well and made my insurance cheaper, which was an unexpected bonus!

I have had it for a couple of months now, but done very few miles in it and it is now SORN’d and sat on the driveway awaiting sale.

In my ownership I have:

-Changed rocker gasket, now leak free

-Cleaned and inspected all the vacuum and breather hoses

-Replaced the air filter

-Replaced the fuel filter

-Overhauled the front brakes with new discs, pads and pad fitting kit (on the driver’s side)

-Replaced leaking passenger rear light cluster

-Replaced and gapped the spark plugs

-Replaced the HT leads

-Adjusted the boot lid (was rubbing on the bumper at either corner)

It runs and drives really well, I bought it from Birmingham and it covered the almost 200 miles home without any problem at all. The idle is a little high, but now that it’s serviced and ready to go it just needs using to clear all the cobwebs away. I haven’t changed the oil, as it looks to be quite new still - new oil, filter and drain plug are included for when it needs doing.

It comes with some spares:

-New oil and filter

-Thermostat

-New sump plug and washer

-Cracked passengers’ side rear light cluster

wctj42Sh.jpg

y2EBbxkh.jpg

wjUV3tuh.jpg

BRnvZLih.jpg

iVgx5Vih.jpg

FOyOAWAh.jpg

fbJHWxPh.jpg

SZsSIK6h.jpg

le4oP8ph.jpg

iXOvI3kh.jpg

OCxOrn7h.jpg

PvTtvkkh.jpg

AFcvZnVh.jpg

KczzDQQh.jpg

DVWZIZ3h.jpg

jlrO92lh.jpg

6ffiZ3ch.jpg

Im not in a huge rush to sell, but could do with the funds to pay for the survey etc for the house we are buying, as usual funds are so tight they're giving us fecking pins and needles in the vital areas!

Could probably help with collection etc depending on where you is at, but would need insuring blah and taxing blah blah by the new owner. The car is in Yeovil, Somerset. Price? £675 but hit me with your offers!

My dad had one of these (I think as a run around along side his Merc) when I was younger.

Exactly like this, ax 1.0 elation 4 speed in maroon same interior.

N plate too I think.

Remember some foreskin bumping in to it in the snowy weather doing about 1 mph

Outside my school as I was just getting out of it.

Reminds me of my Saxo too!

Glwts.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

lol, I thought they looked ok! Couldn't find any genuine ones at the time, these looiked the least objectionable. If keeping, i'd have gotten some AX GT alloys.

They touch the rear arches unless you get a jack and a piece of wood and give them a bit of a flare.

Ask me how i know.

Ok, so now this is a roffle there needs to be a suitably silly handful of words to say as such.

Once the ball is rolling I hope that the roffle can kind of run itself, with the magnificent aid of a trusty volunteer. I go to france on hollybobs tomorrow afternoon for two weeks so will need someone to keep the list updated.

up9FJ5am.jpg

As the concerned cat says, for those in the front row or who otherwise might catch unfortunate attention! Worry not! The volunteer will be suitably rewarded with a prize of hitherto unforeseen value and gloriousness, it will be AX related and that is all that i'll say on the matter for now. So in seriousness, does anyone fancy looking after the roffle whilst I am abroad? We're going quite rural so the chances of internet will be sporadic and brief, I will try to check in as often as possible though.

yjNWeb9h.jpg

So as the minion says, roll up to get you roffle ticket/tickets to become the proud owner of this mighty fine* piece of french engineering! Special edition guarantees a sense of great elatedness* (definitely elatedness, not misery at all, absolutely not.).

The lucky* new owner can even take any course of action that they deem necessary with the wheel trims, such actions may include, but not be limited to:

a. ceremonial burning (with or without an effigy)

b. sacrifice them for the greater good in a manner of your choice

c. commit them to burial at sea

d. bury them alive

e. revere them in god-like fashion

f. worship them in an altar of awful plasticness

g. donate them to a worthy* cause

h. convert them into weapons of mass depression, to inflict general misery upon unsuspecting others

Tickets will be £11 each or two for £20 (hopefully this isn't too steep for an AX roffle? Do say if you think so - if there's enough noise I might consider lowering it).

I look forward to a flood of ticket buyers, and a volunteer to babysit the roffle - first to shout gets volunteer dibs with a promise of a truly magnificent prize of AX related glory which will be announced at the end of the roffle (AX not required to enjoy or otherwise use said prize).

I return Monday September 17th, so all going well the roffle can be concluded at he next lottery draw from then.

GET YOUR TICKETS FOLKS!

This looks like an absolute cracker of an AX.

I'm happy to provide babysitting duties for the roffle while you're away (have previously curated two draws), unless anyone has even stronger feelings on the subject?

£11 a ticket, two for £20 - well okay then, hopefully we can get this one sold out for you double-quick while you're en vacances!

Folks who have previously expressed interest - sickboy, retropnaed, yes ou si - any preference for numbers, or are randoms sufficient??

Did all AXs only have the two central heating vents, or do higher spec models have vents on either side as well..?

Higer specs did have the vents nearer the windows, but they have to be pretty high spec for that kind of luxury I tell you.

Mr Datsuncog, thankyou for your offer! I would like to say you won't be disappointed, but that entirely depends on how you respond to the prize that I have used many positive words to describe.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Would my stepdad appreciate me telling him I've won him a car, then turning up in a 1 litre, 4 speed boggo French hatchback in which he will form the crumple zone if he crashes...

You know, I think he might.

I don't know the chap but would say, yes, absolutely!