Jaguar x308 4.0 Sovereign - collexshun phase 1

richardthestag

£1100 ono

post-3439-0-09128700-1536000593_thumb.jpg

It is just not being used enough. fatha thestag bought on a whim with a fair amount of perswashun from me 2 years ago, 

thread is here. along with loads of piccies n stuff http://autoshite.com/topic/25679-u-can-haz-cheep-jags-4-sayle-p3/

The error code issues were as a direct result of a failing battery and then the replacement not holding 12.8v. standard jag stuff

4 new continentals fitted, new battery fitted, load of auto box fluid flushed through it last year after fathathestag decided that hitting a hornets nest with a stick was worth it. The box is much smoother now but chitters between 1-2. I think it is pump related but doesnt impact the drive

175k ish 

metal top tensioners on the v8, runs beautifully and very very smoothly

post-3439-0-44803100-1536000744_thumb.jpg

NO SERVICE HISTORY, MOT till Dec 

£1100 or near offers

what is wrong with it?

here is a very honest and ever so slightly tipsy review. warts n all

the only bits that have deteriorated are the front drivers wing which really needs replacing and the rear drivers side arch. repair panels are available.

post-3439-0-45999400-1536000887_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-31213100-1536000891_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-89551200-1536000894_thumb.jpg

Aircon never been looked at. scuffs and scruffs are no worse. 

CD autochanger is in the shed, is probably disconnected at the back of the head unit. included in sale as is aerosol paint in a tin and other bits n bobs bought for the car.

expensive car cover is also included

£1100 

High Wycombe or North Devon Barnstaple (Tiverton Parkway Mainline station)

I'll reread the other thread while saying wibble after I finish in the gym.

Tbh I'd have thought this would go months ago when it was first for sale

• 2 weeks later...

Jaaaag has been relocated from North Devon to Buckinghamshite ready for the baton to be handed to Hooli of this Parish.

Fatha Thestag reported no issues whatsoever, Radio now works, gearbox chatter on gearchanges is getting quieter

I wafted down to Maidenhead station and back today and can only report that there is an occasional pull to the left, brakes dead straight. suspect front nearside caliper may be dragging slightly as firm braking resolves the situation. maybe pads need removing, caliper cleaning up, pads coppaeaze'ing before reinstall. or maybe it just needs using a bit more. It has done more miles this week than it seems to have done last year

Fatha thestag has lobbed the outdoor car cover, paint, cd changer and other bits and bobs from his 2 year custodianship into the vast boot. bloody thing still has 1/2 a tank of fuel in it!

post-3439-0-27489300-1537538228_thumb.jpg

see you Sunday Hooli  8)