1990 Volvo 740 GLE Auto Estate - IT'S DONE

Bucketeer

That's a bugger, though I'm not sure why you'd sell a car you can sleep in if you're homeless. 

Seriously - I was contemplating a big estate to use as a camper for road trips dahn sahf. I reckon I could sleep in one quite comfortably - even my mrs's focus estate's seats fold down really flat. Tek me duvet and a little self-inflating bed roll and I can't grasp why it's not possible to spend a couple of days and nights on epic road trippery without actually paying any more than for fuel, a few cans of coke zero and some crisps.

Seriously - I was contemplating a big estate to use as a camper for road trips dahn sahf. I reckon I could sleep in one quite comfortably - even my mrs's focus estate's seats fold down really flat. Tek me duvet and a little self-inflating bed roll and I can't grasp why it's not possible to spend a couple of days and nights on epic road trippery without actually paying any more than for fuel, a few cans of coke zero and some crisps.

I used to sleep in a 240 with ease, comfy place with an air bed under you.

01 yes oui si

02 Alanism

03 aldo135

04 doubleyeller

05 fat_pirate

06 chaseracer

07 Ghosty

08 cms206

09 eddyramrod

10 rml2345

11 Kringle

12 The Moog

13 Alanism

14 Tickman

15 pandamonium

16 Simonsays

17 chaseracer

18 tobyd

19 fat_pirate

20 Cavcraft

21 Jim Bell

22 Nyphur

23 hairnet

24 Tamworthbay

25 anonymous user

26 Tickman

27 cms206

28 Split_Pin

29 Jim Bell

30 aldo135

31 Cavcraft

32 yes oui si

33 eddyramrod

34 The Moog

35 R9UKE

36 GeordieInExile

37 rml2345

38 chaseracer

39 ruffgeezer

40 djoptix

41 rml2345

42 fat_pirate

43 jumpingjehovahs

44 yes oui si

45 cms206

46 Mally

47 Tickman

48 Alanism

49 Talbot

50 cms206

51 320touring

52 loserone

53 chaseracer

54 Jim Bell

55 tobyd

56 Cavcraft

57 Ghosty

58 aldo135

59 binhoker668

It's a great car, deliciously square and worthy of an 'ah, of course, it's a Volvo!' sigh of contentment at every drive. Comfy seats, galvanized body, solid dependability.

For extra win it has the nice alloy wheels, rare dark grey leather and dealer-fit air conditioning... though we never tried it to see if it works. No reason it shouldn't, though I imagine the gas has leaked out years ago - but worth a refill to see what happens! :-)

I am happy* that a ticket has been acquired. I have wanted a “Volvo-with-it’s-lights-on” since I was old enough to recognise one and say that phrase. We always watched cars out the back window when we were wee.

This week is ripe with the roffle fear chaps!!