Robinmasters' French Fancies - Now with post-Brexit British content

robinmasters

In a ridiculously and potentially fortuitous* turn of events, I shall most likely be in Hove tomorrow and deciding how to commute back to leeds.

I can get from Hove to Folkestone inside 3 hours and for £60 to then cart the thing up the road to the north of that helps the eventual winner of this.

Including me, I suppose.

Thinking about this I’m gonna need evidence of me on a client site by the seaside tomorrow...

I was due back in leeds tonight and there isn’t a cat in hells chance she’ll believe I got a last minute call to be in Brighton for work if I rock up tomorrow night at midnight o’clock in a vino coloured tin can of French origin.

Congrats on winning this lovely motor, once owned by yourself truly. Very comfy seats made up for the lack of go on my motorway commute.

Just lucky that I never won it-getting it down here to Spain would have been more of a headache than I would have wanted.

Congrats on winning this lovely motor, once owned by yourself truly. Very comfy seats which make up for the lack of most things..

Just unlucky that I never won it-getting it to Portugal would have been a fine few days just like the 106, ZX, etc and no need to adjust the clock.

Bucketeer will probably be along soon to insert Morocco/Tanzania/Doncaster.

Fucksticks. It's gone.

Ohdearme just collected the little AX, (he was carrying an aluminum briefcase, I was a bit worried that he might have been an eighties assassin). 

End (to quote the Office) of an error. I'm going to miss this one.

attachicon.gifIMG_20190328_204339.jpg

I neglected to post on here, top shiter, etc.

As the standard radio wasn't working a new one was added to keep me awake during the journey.

Half the time the tunes ere keeping me awake, the rest of the time it was just catching the radio as it tried to make a bid for freedom out of the dash :)

Great little car.

• 3 weeks later...

The AX is gone. I r sadz.

Obvious answer? Go out immediately and buy another smol Frenchy.

No collection thread-it was only up the road, and I had to leave it parked near the seller's house until today because I'd driven to see it on my own last weekend, and have been away since. Excuses out of the way, here it is:

post-5742-0-23227800-1555755187_thumb.jpg

post-5742-0-87783900-1555755217_thumb.jpg

post-5742-0-08963900-1555755238_thumb.jpg

It's a 1.1 DESIRE. Leccy front windows, tilt only sunroof; that's it in terms of luxury. It's all very familiar; same stalks as the AX, BX window switches.

The 1.1 is surprisingly good. It's nippy, and happy on the motorway-it's got a fifth gear!

What's wrong with it? Not much. Doesn't seem to be any rust. Clutch might be a bit high, but plenty of life left I think. Couple of little cosmetic bits (usual manky stickers on the windows), and the GTI mats & seatbelt pads are going in the bin. Highest priority? Bangin' choons, obviously.

EDIT: Choons in, LED sidelights fitted because I have them on all the time, windows de-stickered, and... THE SUNROOF ONLY GOES BACK AS WELL!11!!!1 It's manual, and goes back above the roof-so you don't turn the handle the opposite way than for tilt, which is what I'd assumed.