Bucket List Shite Acquired

jollyfkr2

I've always been a fan of odd shite and yesterday I acquired these!

So the first is a 1957 Stothert & Pitt 28" Vibrating Roller, complete and working apparently, not tried, to be honest it was so terrifyingly heavy just collecting it was traumatic!

The second is a 1976 Wheel Horse garden tractor with a 5hp Honda engine.

Yeah, I'm a bit mystified myself!

post-20334-0-78148700-1535878690_thumb.jpg

post-20334-0-41566100-1535878836_thumb.jpg

Liked for the memories of road workers using those roller things, before the advent of much bigger and remotely controlled machinery. Also for that tractor, I'd be happy to keep that just as it is and drive it every so often. I wouldn't be able to resist taking it to the shops! Is the Honda engine original?

Brilliant, I love stuff like this. Does the roller have a lister engine?

Sadly not, it's got a Villiers petrol engine

Liked for the memories of road workers using those roller things, before the advent of much bigger and remotely controlled machinery. Also for that tractor, I'd be happy to keep that just as it is and drive it every so often. I wouldn't be able to resist taking it to the shops! Is the Honda engine original?

I think it should have a Briggs & Stratten but I'm unsure of what model Wheel Horse it is at the moment!

Mower's nice, mind if I ask what you paid?

We're looking for one at the moment as they're pick of the month in lawnmower racing circles for builds due to their light weight, wide track and strong chassis.

Edit:

Looks like a Wheelhorse Commando 800 not a 600, so would have had a Tecumseh or Kohler 8hp horizontal shaft engine.

Both fantastic. Your next missison is to beg ITV to re-make Heartbeat, then become an extra as you tow the roller with the tractor pissed out of your head straight through the Adensfield Arms.

Great purchases. It's a good job the tractor is now MOT exempt, I'm not sure what the typical testing station would make of it!

Thankfully Tractors never needed them!

Brilliant.

After these, I think we may need to know what else is on your bucket list.

Part 3 is being fetched next weekend funnily enough!

Oohhhhhhh! Villiers you say? Now that is sexy, which model? And any pics?

A Mark 25!

post-20334-0-24142300-1535924328_thumb.jpg