Kiltox’s 1997 Nissan Primera GT! - PRICE DROP £7.50

Kiltox

Reckon this beauty deserves a thread since I’m sure I’ll end up fettling it slightly

post-17393-0-35767800-1535826851_thumb.jpeg

Ex jonathan_dyane ex wuvvum 1997 Nissan Primera GT on an R reg.

Drove flawlessly back from Liverpool to Gloucester today (apart from the low washer fluid light coming on and making me slightly shit myself :D

Not quite as brisk I was expecting but does shift if you rev it hard. More importantly, it’s comfortable enough, has ice cold A/C and seems pretty economical for a two litre beater!

Couple of niggles I’ll hopefully sort out

Wiper blades are squeaky which I can’t stand in a car. Think the linkage needs a bit of greasing too.

Clutch pedal has a definite “click” at the top of its travel every time you depress/release - not sure what’s up there

Front bumper is scruffy as hell and could do with a respray. Might make it look worse with rattle cans though :-/

NSR door has a big dent - meh. Probably won’t sort this unless one the right colour becomes available really cheap

OSF door check strap is buggered - not sure I’ll be able to sort that out without a right fuck on

Overall, it’s ace so far :D

• 2 weeks later...

This did sterling service this weekend for a c.900 mile trip!

Think the NSF tyre has a slow leak - it was well down when I checked it before I left and lost a couple of PSI on the outward journey too.

Rears are getting a bit low anyway so I think 4 new boots are in order. Might fit lower profile so they don’t rub on the liners though!

I was really looking forward to using the loaner I had a long time back as I expected a decent turn of pace - but it really disappointed me. In the words of Barry Sheen - it wouldn't pull your foreskin back - if you floored it in 5th, just nothing...... 

I think it is the only car I was ever disappointed enough in to have never ever tried another....... and the damn things were built by mates of mine back in Sunderland (although that does explain a fair bit mind!)

This is getting some love this weekend as long as CP4L actually send me a set of spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter and wiper blades for a P11 Primera.... place bets now

CBA getting dirty changing the oil so I think I’ll chuck it in somewhere for that

Really should replace the probably cracked ABS ring(s) too but again, cba

Not sure if you have to be a member to view this but this looks a pretty cool track motor.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/riggers-primera-p10-trackcar.818747/

Very cool, even though he's probably ruined a very rare car with his track mods, and binned a lot of rare trim while doing so.

I would like a P10 Saloon. Somehow more Japanese than a P11.

Mini service time - spark plugs, air filter and pollen filter.

Plugs were perfect, exactly the right colour indicating the engine is as healthy as I expected. Probably didnt need changing. Filters a bit grubby so time for a change.

A joy to work on too with normal Phillips screws for the glove box / pollen filter and clips for the air box.

• 3 weeks later...