1984 ALFA 33 GOLD CLOVERLEAF £3,000

flat4alfa

1984 ALFA 33 GOLD CLOVERLEAF
£3,000
Bedfordshire

Rarer than a rare model, none left on UK roads. A grown-up Alfasud with comforts. Gold Cloverleaf (Quadrifoglio Oro) was top of the range for the first series 33: electric windows, headlamp wipers, 'wood' steering wheel and gear knob, together with a Trip Computer of lies. 1.5 boxer with single carb on these. As rare as an Alfa Arna.

This one has been stored in my workshop garage for a few years, but now moving house. 37k miles. Running and driving but no MOT and brakes are binding, so will need to be trailered. All welding professionally done: inner front wings, rear sills and just needed some suspension bushes replacing and then ready for the road, but never go round to it. Some bodywork to tidy but no basket case. Interior great condition. 

This is a proper, all correct and complete Mk1 built before the Fiat take over.

£3000 firm this weekend or goes back into storage elsewhere

It comes with spare Green Cloverleaf engine with twin IDF carbs, all ancillaries, spare panels, spare dash, plenty; all Mk1. Private plate BMG405 sold, currently on original plate B225MRK. 07790 418395, WILL NOT SPLIT, I'M GOING MENTAL IN THIS HOUSE MOVE AS IT IS

IMG_4036.jpg IMG_4037.jpg IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg IMG_4041.jpg IMG_4042.jpg

Please no daft questions like 'has it had cambelt recently' and 'what size Twin Spark engine does it have'. It's a 34 year old Boxer Alfa. Yes it does have Alfa wallet with service book, but the car needs recommissioning and can't be driven away to Norwich. They struggled to get to Norwich even when they were new

I really like working on these engines. The layout takes a little while to get used to, but the access to everything is actually really good, and I never had any issues other than the well-known interference-fit water pump.

If I had a spare £2k burning a hole in my back pocket I'd be all over this like a Scotsman over Irn Bru. The 85hp 1.5 single carb I found much smoother and easier to drive in real world conditions, and definitely a lot more wallet-friendly MPG.

GLWTS. I still lament not buying an Alfasud Sprint 1.7 veloce that I was offered a good few years ago for comparative peanuts.

Are these really worth £3000? Blimey. 

In my Alfa days, these* were engine donors for 1.3 Alfasuds, after you'd ragged the tits off it for a few months after paying £350. The Green Cloverleaf wasn't a bad car though with the proper suspension and teledial alloy wheels. 105 bhp so they'd get out of their own way.

Looks remarkably tidy for one of these - most were fucked by 1990! Funky interior as well.

*As long as it was the twin carburettor version. 

You got shot of the BMW then, ebay job?

My head was spinning with decisions to be made and the bills keep mounting on this house purchase, so snuck it up on C&C a bit salty and it sold next day

A fella in my town wanted it, the good news is he lurks on here.

I'll be seeing him today so will get him to do a proper hello thread so the car stays in the fold properly.  Guilt over.

Are these really worth £3000? Blimey. 

In my Alfa days, these* were engine donors for 1.3 Alfasuds, after you'd ragged the tits off it for a few months after paying £350. The Green Cloverleaf wasn't a bad car though with the proper suspension and teledial alloy wheels. 105 bhp so they'd get out of their own way.

Looks remarkably tidy for one of these - most were fucked by 1990! Funky interior as well.

*As long as it was the twin carburettor version. 

I know.... I still can't get my head round any 'sud being worth more than £1200.  But I'm much older, balder and fatter now so the years must have passed:  now Alfasuds start at £6k with Sprints £9k upwards

The £3k was suggested by the club fellas as any Mk1 is in Arna and 90 territory to collectors of Italochod.  I'm just trying my hand.  Plus the wife hates it so the ads are to show I'm trying to do something.

It bought it years ago from the family of an old boy locally who had to give up driving.  We broke his teabag QV Mk1 and have everything stocked: suspension, engine, carbs, doors, panels, glass, even the loom of doom; so nothing went to waste. The stripped shell was weighed years ago.  The idea was to put the QV IDFs on this, making it 95bhp TiX tune but tied to the taller QO gearbox, riding on the QV springs and subframe/anti-roll bar so it would drive properly.  All the surplus to go into a Minari, one day.  Where I went wrong was keep buying new toys instead of getting on with it

I had various 33's.

1983 A reg 1.3 in red, £60, just pulled some bits off and weighed it.

1985 C reg Green Cloverfield run silver/rust, £200 and it became a Minari.

1986D 33 Boxer 4C in silver - sold it to the blond girl in the 1990's Timotei ads. I shit you not. She came with her Dad. He was an ugly bastard. She was stunning. And a Brummie.

1987 E 1.5Ti in gunmetal grey. It had no fifth gear, but it was cheap from the auctions.

1990 G 1.5Ti in white, bought for peanuts from the auctions with a couple of easily remedied faults. 

The facelift 1990 cars were a bit rubbish,

These were the mid 1990's, a great time to buy an Alfa because they were plentiful and cheap. 75's, 33's, Sprints and the last remnants of Suds. A mate had a Giulietta 1.6 with a 3.0 75 engine but running the standard 1.6 gearbox and diff. By fuck that was quick.

1986D 33 Boxer 4C in silver - sold it to the blond girl in the 1990's Timotei ads.

WANT TIME MACHINE NOW.

I like these a lot but am suddenly ultra-broke because I’ve just had to pay VAT and corporation tax on a load of money I haven’t received yet, because of someone else’s fuckup. So this is the usual time wasting response, really.