OH WOES

TRW

How was that £170?

They are so dismal, prententious pile of Hyacinth Bucket faux posh Ford shit built by scousers - and it’s Stannah red metallic with hearing aid beige cloth. Nasty on every level. £170 you say? BARGEN M8. Run as long as possible on zero maintenance and then bridge it.

They are so dismal, prententious pile of Hyacinth Bucket faux posh Ford shit built by scousers - and it’s Stannah red metallic with hearing aid beige cloth. Nasty on every level. £170 you say? BARGEN M8. Run as long as possible on zero maintenance and then bridge it.

I have to agree - I think I've said before that the Mondy they were based on was better all round IMHO.  With all that said, they are a banger bargain and probably cheaper than the equivalent Mondy these days - also the Estate's not a bad looking thing.  

Some of the base models seem to have been more sparse on equipment than the Mondeo which is odd.

I had a 2.2 diesel auto as a loan car when my other XJ was being mended after being shunted by a woman using her FFRR as a mobile office failed to look up from her "desk" and found it hateful.

• 2 weeks later...

This really.

Funny I was in one just last night, when a friend of a friend gave me a lift. Its a nice enough place to sit, and on first impressions they've made it have a bit of a jaguar feel with that big tall dash with the massive deep flat top. It never comes across well in pictures but the dash works as a very jag visual cue for a few minutes......then you notice everything else feels and looks quite Ford like, and the illusion is shattered. It's of a similar era to my c class, which whilst sharing the propensity to rust does manage to feel a bit more premium. You could argue the merc stood a better chance as it wasn't a victim of badge engineering or platform sharing but you just need to look at the Audi a4 of the same era which is basically a passat in a frock to see how it can be done..

However because autoshite I'd probably still have an X type, preferably a 4x4 v6 please

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Its going well.

EML is due to a blown intercooler pipe. Out of 4 breaker yards in Swansea, none of the gits have a 2.0 DERV X Type.

Duct tape has done a temp fix and it now picks up a lot better. Still feels like a low blow XUD9 Turbo in a Xantia. But it's a lot better than before.

I removed the EGR to clean it, then when refitting the bloody thing I buggered the threads on the alloy housing. I HAT Fords.

Oh, It has a baby seat in it of tomorrow. And Interview went well.

*Fuckface thumbup*

• 3 weeks later...

I removed the EGR to clean it, then when refitting the bloody thing I buggered the threads on the alloy housing. 

VALU thread repait kit*, for all buggered-threads-in-materials-with-the-tensile-strength-of-sloppy-french-cheese situations.

*You can get them cheaper on a popular internetz auction site, but the 'totally in the UK M8*' distribution oddly takes as long as cheap airmail from China.

• 3 weeks later...

Its going well.

EML is due to a blown intercooler pipe. Out of 4 breaker yards in Swansea, none of the gits have a 2.0 DERV X Type.

Duct tape has done a temp fix and it now picks up a lot better. Still feels like a low blow XUD9 Turbo in a Xantia. But it's a lot better than before.

I removed the EGR to clean it, then when refitting the bloody thing I buggered the threads on the alloy housing. I HAT Fords.

Oh, It has a baby seat in it of tomorrow. And Interview went well.

*Fuckface thumbup*

try this , pricey but it works , best line up a few things to fix if you can't use 1m of it as it goes off in 5 minutes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIBERFIX-1-X-40-3-X-102-CM-Small-Repair-Wrap-100-x-Stronger-than-Duct-Tape/322490047591?epid=1038321984&hash=item4b15e79c67:g:aeIAAOSw3ZRY-e82:rk:5:pf:0

try this , pricey but it works , best line up a few things to fix if you can't use 1m of it as it goes off in 5 minutes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIBERFIX-1-X-40-3-X-102-CM-Small-Repair-Wrap-100-x-Stronger-than-Duct-Tape/322490047591?epid=1038321984&hash=item4b15e79c67:g:aeIAAOSw3ZRY-e82:rk:5:pf:0

Thanks for the tip, but I sourced a replacement EGR and pipe from a breaker in this neck of the woods. Pulls much better now.

The EML is still on, I'm taking it to a contact of mine who is well known in the Swansea/surrounding area for car electrics tomorrow in the hope he has 5 mins free to pull the codes off it.

Test is booked (on Jag) for 12 sharp on Monday. Old man TRW is picking it up from me at work and dumping his Freeloader in the Company car park.

Then the 45, later in the week (that will pass fine as I have had it for years).

Pictures will be provided for impending Jag fail/Rover pass action.

• 2 weeks later...