Mk1 Ford Galaxy 2.0 Aspen - £500 cash/ROFFLE £9.50/or deal.

purplebargeken

Went to the barn in Essex today. On a mission to free up the bonnet release thingy.

Managed to take off the front grille, sadly broke a little bit of it but not major.

The release mechanism was gunged up solid, much applications of WD40, cleaning, then more WD40 saw an operating bonnet release that was smoother and silkier than Barb Cartland Dogs ears. Bonnet release happiness lever 1000000000 achieved.

Battery on charge and will be fitted when fixerating and  MOT date arranged with matey. Whoohoo.

This is a lovely wafter of a thing. 

Drivers door mirror was the non-electric version, grrr. My own fault. Replacement ordered.

I'll need to secure the front grille properly, it won't fall off but it is annoyingly loose.

Anyway, battery went in, gallon of fresh pez also fitted, de-ionised water sploshed into the coolant reservoir, didn't need much tbh. It'll get me home. Reservoir cleaned but will need a torch to see the colour of the coolant properly, looks reddish but need to check. Screen wash all topped up as well. 

Started first turn of the key. Ran beautifully, moved freely. Excellent. Sodding hell, the non-OE stereo is bloody loud!!!

The O/S headlight needs a new bulb but I have spares at home.

Can't wait to get this MOT'd and sorted. Plan to have a thorough jet wash session once on the road.

Trying to find outthe correct anti-freeze type for the Galaxy, I type in the reg but cannot get a clear answer.

Anyone know?

It's the 2.0 pez type. 1998.

There's a spec sheet for the Scorpio 2.0 16v that gives a part number for coolant, since superseded by another part number for OAT coolant, so it's the red/pink stuff.

Forgot to add, the heater dial doesn't have any effect when turned on. There is something called a hedgehog which can be at fault. Front cig lighter doesn't appear to be working, forgot to check the two rear 12v sockets, doh.

Could be, I had to change the hedgehog on the Beemer for just that reason. Supposed to be an utter bastard of a job but had it done in half an hour. Right tools made all the difference.

Sunday collection concluded with much successness. Galaxy now at my mates place in Enfield. Started first time and drove beautifully from Essex to Enfield.

Jobs done.... headlight bulb changed, OMG, a joy of a job, utterly easy peasy. I fitted a H4 bulb I had lying around. I have some Osram Night Breakers to go in. Door mirror glass fitted. Everything else works happily. Interior clock changed for one with the full compliment of bits that display the time. Horn button fixed.

Just the non-working heater motor dial to look at and the cig lighter fuse to check.

Car washed and made shiny.

Mate will give it a proper look over tomorrow and then get the MOT sorted. Should be road legal on Tuesday morning.

Well it's all prepped and ready to go. One rear brake hose looked a little tatty, that will be cleaned up and coated in something water resistant and protective.

Sadly he ran out of time to take it to the MOT place today, so will be tomorrow now. Even he was impressed how well the Gal came up with a wash and brush up.

It did indeed. All road legal now. Slightly worrying is the fact that when I went to tax it, the DVLA site said that the vehicle had been untaxed since I got it. This is true. However, I sent off a SORN notification by post as the email set up was so problematic at that point I couldn't be arsed doing it electronically like all the other stuff I had. I simply do not recall getting a notification but then again it was a while back. The DVLA enforcement people 'may be in touch'. Oh great!!

Galaxy seem to be better in the pez use. has a fecking huge tank, would not want to fill that in anger lol.

Need to change the rear plastic panel. Also need to put the new mats in, just need to remember where I put them for safe keeping.

Oh, new gear lever gaiter and passenger side cup holder needs fitting. Not sure how the cup holder fits in though. Hmm.

Needs bulb for clock!

Must check the fuses too as the front cig lighter is not operating but the two rear 12v sockets are working just fine, maybe it is the cig lighter itself. A job for the weekend. Also heater control. The switch illuminates when you press it in for the A/C but nothing happens at all. although when you press in the button on the panel, the heater controls on the roof panel work.

Must price up shocks too.