Mk1 Ford Galaxy 2.0 Aspen - £500 cash/ROFFLE £9.50/or deal.

purplebargeken

Retirement is lurking and fleet rationalisation is in the forefront of my thinking. The Triumph is a keeper as mentioned previously.

Mk1 1998 Ford Galaxy, manual, 2.0 petrol engine. 7 seater. Load bay is entirely flat and rather spacious. 

Gal%20Front_zpsiplz6qhn.jpg

Gal%20Rear_zpssyl7jgr1.jpg

Gal%20Drivers_zpsiyizrfks.jpg

Gal%20Passengers_zpsrcrnn0vv.jpg

Gal%20Rear_zpssyl7jgr1.jpg

These were taken on the day I picked the car up. It's cleaner now generally and had new wiper blades fitted. Drives very nicely indeed. Up to date piccies further in the thread. 

Things that have been done: New wiper blades, bloody good clean inside and outside, fitted mats are fitted. Broken drivers door mirror glass replaced. New headlight bulb. Aspen badge fitted to the tailgate. AS stickers already stuck on. Bonnet release lever/catch has been cleaned and lubed and works wonderfully smoothly.

Needs: new leather gear lever gaiter is supplied but needs fitting, the original is worn. Needs the two front window wind deflector things fitting, they need a slight trim at the very front I think, or it might just be me being cack-handed. the passenger door ones have been fitted without issue. The rear plastic panel is slightly cracked, however, I have an undamaged replacement that will go with the car. 

Towbar is available (brand new one) for the bargain price of £60.

Would likely require a new thermostat as the car takes a little while to reach temperature. Front heater fan switch doesn't do anything, is likely the 'hedgehog' and as such is accessible via the lower glove box compartment. If you press the button on the dash, the rear heater works just fine. The cigarette lighter in the dash is not working but the 2 x 12v supply in the rear are fine. Could well be a fuse or the cig lighter thingy itself. Two keys, one for the door and one for the ignition switch. Rocker cover has a slight weep. 

The ride is on the soft side but I don't know if that is normal or if the shocks are a bit tired. They are not at all pricey on eBay if new ones might be the way to go and look quite simple to sort out. There were no leaks so they might be squishy by design. Maybe.

I have a replacement steering wheel that will go with the car as one of the little covers on the original wheel has decided to break. The horn still works on that side and the other one is undamaged. Some scuffs and scratches here and there. Little ding on the bottom of the drivers door. Couple of small rust blebs on the rear N/S wheel arch where it meets the rear of the sill. Easily sorted, nothing major. Car has been a Cat something or other before. I have no idea of the details. Insurance company made no noises at all about it (Admiral).

Location: now in the barn near Chelmsford, just off the A414 Ongar Road. Currently SORNED and sans insurance. 

Roffle only now, numbers priced at £9.50 per number. 

I'll try and post some when I get home this evening. It's tidy up top, slight ding in the bottom of the drivers door IIRC but no rust or anything really horrible. She's a nice old thing. I have a better steering wheel, uncracked rear plastic panel, working proper Galaxy clock and a new gear lever gaiter. Oh and mats.

Fucksticks, looks like I'll be in the market for a fucking Prius/Leaf/Tesla Model S after all then. Cunts.

Another reason to move to the middle of nowhere.

Don’t sweat the ULEZ, something had to be done as the air is rank.

He’s given the true shiter an easy pass by making everything that’s historic tax class is exempt.

Thus, time to flaunt the rules and get yourself that 70’s yank you always promised yourself and cruise with impunity.