1951 Pontiac Chieftain

PhilA

I could get used to 30 degrees! Bet the moistness ruins it though, not a fan of the moist, me. Also spiders, especially ones wot bite.

Top motoring, really enjoying this thread. Turns out i may have been a closeted 'murican shite licker, always liked the mid sixties cadillacs, before the OMGEMISSIONS power down of engines in the early seventiez (71?), i mean an 8.2 V8 with 180bhp?! Pfffft. Nonsense.

Anyway, could have one of these too if space/funds etc the usual.

post-5454-0-27084700-1549930671_thumb.jpg

Yo ho ho, and up she rises

post-5454-0-73872300-1549930710_thumb.jpg

Air ride in the morning

60psi in the rear suspension. Wanted to see if it would take air, and it did; it raised things to a little to be able to see underneath more.

post-5454-0-91837300-1549931436_thumb.jpg

That's a lot of spiders.

post-5454-0-73752200-1549931637_thumb.jpg

You can just see where the chassis has been notched. It needs to be rubbed back and protected.

Phil

So the engine and box weighs more than an entire invacar. Sorry to mention them on every thread, but it's a nice stat.

you dont know how many times iv had to restrain myself from making invacar quips like that left right and centre on this forum   :mrgreen:

(I have the "unique ability" to relate anything to anything, especially if its something im enthusiastic about :) )

So the engine and box weighs more than an entire invacar. Sorry to mention them on every thread, but it's a nice stat.

The Poncho engine/box combo weighs 0.4 Renault 16s, yet you could throw them in the back of one and take them to a machining shop.

Alternatively it weighs 0.6 Renault R4F4s, yet you could throw two of them in the back of one and take them to a machining shop.

I'm weird. I know.

Of course it will make flames it probably puts more fuel into the exhaust than it uses to move. I had a friend (RIP) with a Pontiac collection over here and they all made your eyes water on tickover. Well the pre emmissions ones anyway.