RIP- DMB graphics period 80s/90s plates

HMC

I noticed recently their online shop no longer mentions number plates. Ive e mailed them to enquire and they no longer make number plates. I feel sad about this as they were top notch at providing replica 80s-90s dealer plates of an exceptional standard.

Does anyone else know someone that supplies similar? To clarify I don’t mean just a pre 2001 font, but the whole dealer logo bit too. They were also able to replicate old degraded plates to an “as new” standard if you supplied a few photos- I’ve been impressed with them over the 6 or so sets I’ve had over the last 7 years.

I thought they were quite a diligent outfit when it came to being legit. Used them a couple of times and always had to send a copy of the V5 just as you would if you went into a shop.

It’s a shame they stopped doing them. Always finished off a classic car by having repro dealer plates in my opinion.

They've been illegal to do for years they've just been getting away with it. Any half competent sign shop can make them, if you can convince them you just want them to put on your wall and not display on a vehicle as then it becomes an offense.

Agree to an extent. Makes no sense though- it only applies it seems to pre 2001 and less than 40 years old. It seems going around with black and silver plates on a 1976 car is fine (oddly that is totally legal now) but supplying a slightly different font for a pre 2001 car as per original is wrong. Ludicrous.

"Tonight on Road Wars, Steve and Ruffy chase down a girl racer in an RS turbo to explain the finer points of schedule 3 of The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks)

Regulations 2001 by means of a £60 fixed penalty"

:-)

Show plates ;-)

I'd love to see that, im sure she would see it as a race with the evo or impreza chasing with the lights flashing

Show plates ;-)

I'd love to see that, im sure she would see it as a race with the evo or impreza chasing with the lights flashing

Wait, you bought a set of show plates, but only put them on for the actual show then drove home with your normal legal set?

Genuinely didn't think anyone used them for that.

There will be legal normal spaced plates as well, on the way to the bigger shows police are tightening their belts, pulling people over for plates, usually its newer cars to be fair with really messed about with letters, I don't think it's worth the inconvenience,

this car ran around for 10 years with small front plate with no bother, I mainly think it's because the local coppers knew the car and where its from, I always have a laugh with our boys in blue and speak to them right when out and about

Wait, you bought a set of show plates, but only put them on for the actual show then drove home with your normal legal set?

Genuinely didn't think anyone used them for that.

There was a guy who forgot that he had a showroom Cavalier SRi 130 plate( from the 1980's that he'd been given by his brother who worked at the local Vauxhall dealer and had found it in the back if a cupboard,) over the top of his plates and drove home and around for a week before he realised.

I wanted proper sized font for my Saab as the front was new style and the back was degrading badly. I couldn’t find anyone who did official (as in properly legal with the little BS number etc) plates other than new font so I bought show plates from A1 show plates and to be fair they’re really good.

Plus they do a Serck style one... which also look good.