Anglia Classic Car Auction

pompei

A bit like my Ren 5 seats , hot and sticky in summer , freezing in winter , time for a set of sheepskin seat covers ... do you still get them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yes , looks like you’ve kidnapped Shaun the sheep

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ffort-Genuine-Zealand-Sheepskin-Universal/dp/B07YTQFYJP/ref=pd_sbs_263_t_0/259-2844111-7660325?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07YTQFYJP&pd_rd_r=616159f6-364c-424d-b069-ceba520112f0&pd_rd_w=nqZae&pd_rd_wg=my0H6&pf_rd_p=e44592b5-e56d-44c2-a4f9-dbdc09b29395&pf_rd_r=BCYG4F9AFPY89XF7SMHE&psc=1&refRID=BCYG4F9AFPY89XF7SMHE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, trigger said:

That R18 is remarkable, he was selling it on Facebook for £1600 complete with the parts needed too which I thought was a massive bargain, it be interesting to see what it makes in the auction though especially in these troubled times. 

Can you recall what parts it needed?  Details still to follow on the ACA listing. 

If it's a runner and stays sensible I'll have to bid.  Opportunities like this don't come along that often.

If it does go ahead with online bidding, I might have a go at this,

Get cheap enough and it would keep me busy for a period of lockdown, detailing it to within an inch of its life, then if we all survive , go to a couple of shows and double my money . WCPGW?
https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-4th-april-2020/1993-vauxhall-carlton-20-diplomat-auto/EC85A970-7337-4C73-B578-2E2F29DFA046.thumb.jpeg.558d0b4cd75d0e4282cfbc6b580c9517.jpegB41784B2-F176-420D-A528-22F6189E8E1C.thumb.jpeg.cc0fd0f80e0e7baf6faf373321d1a0af.jpeg

If it does go ahead with online bidding, I might have a go at this,
Get cheap enough and it would keep me busy for a period of lockdown, detailing it to within an inch of its life, then if we all survive , go to a couple of shows and double my money . WCPGW?
https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-4th-april-2020/1993-vauxhall-carlton-20-diplomat-auto/EC85A970-7337-4C73-B578-2E2F29DFA046.thumb.jpeg.558d0b4cd75d0e4282cfbc6b580c9517.jpegB41784B2-F176-420D-A528-22F6189E8E1C.thumb.jpeg.cc0fd0f80e0e7baf6faf373321d1a0af.jpeg
A Diplomat with velour seats! That looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, rantingYoof said:

A Diplomat with velour seats! That looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if that’s the original interior, they look like Senator seats to me, I dug out a Carlton brochure earlier and even though it was too old to have Diplomats in it, the blue with grey looks wrong to me . 
Just call me Shitelock! 
I was looking for a picture of a Diplomat with velour to see what they look like and it would be all blue and basically the same as a CDX not Senator. Whilst looking I found this picture showing it with grey leather.

FDDD788F-D040-4AA7-B8C3-9F17EC18AEEF.thumb.png.004cd540cabc643031e5340168daa162.png

13 hours ago, RobT said:

Can you recall what parts it needed?  Details still to follow on the ACA listing. 

If it's a runner and stays sensible I'll have to bid.  Opportunities like this don't come along that often.

Could this be the first ever AS bidding war?  That could be awkward... :lol:

Edit:  No it wouldn't be the first.  I was (unknowingly) bidding against Pogweasel (RIP) for my Renault 6 on eBay.

We have made the decision to postpone our April classic until June 13th. Many of the cars are already on site and, having spoken with our vendors, we are making these cars available on a "buy now" basis and will update our website accordingly. These cars will be available for viewing, by appointment, during the week commencing Monday March 30th.

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-4th-april-2020/

I assume they'll be deleting the sentence about viewing arrangements, and even a June sale seems optimistic (unless they do online only).

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 6:50 PM, wuvvum said:

So apparently this is going ahead later this month.  They're running it over two days, with online bidding only.  To register to bid, you have to put down a deposit of £500.

I think I might pass...

That’s cheap, Brightwells wanted a deposit of £2k to get a bidding option on their latest online sale!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how the online bidding process works? Do you go live with the auction and bid up as if you are in the room? Or do you submit top bid and they bid up for you against people in the room   I haven't been to a classic auction for some time but don't remember any online bidding when I last went

It is tempting, but it could very well go for absurd money given the condition it's in.  It's the sort of thing I'd be interested in if it were around a grand or so, but I reckon it's going to make quite a bit more than that.

[cue me logging in to the website on Monday to find out that it went for £350...]

I was interested in the R18 too but you have to put a 500 deposit by 7pm today on every car you plan to bid on, not just a single 500 deposit to allow you to bid on as many as you like.

Seems crazy, with nobody in the auction house only people who have pre planned to bid for a car can bid. No last minute bids when something looks a bargain or people getting carried away with auction fever. 

56 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

I was interested in the R18 too but you have to put a 500 deposit by 7pm today on every car you plan to bid on, not just a single 500 deposit to allow you to bid on as many as you like.

Seems crazy, with nobody in the auction house only people who have pre planned to bid for a car can bid. No last minute bids when something looks a bargain or people getting carried away with auction fever. 

So how long will it take them to return your £500 deposit(s)? With these days of internet banking, it should be as soon as the car you are bidding on but not won has sold.

Was that covered in their terms as clearly as the time you had to place your deposit(s) by?

18 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

So how long will it take them to return your £500 deposit(s)? With these days of internet banking, it should be as soon as the car you are bidding on but not won has sold.

Was that covered in their terms as clearly as the time you had to place your deposit(s) by?

yes its all in there. I was only half arsed about it.  if I really wanted it would have just paid but can imagine its super frustrating following the auction , missing out on the car you put the bid deposit on and then seeing another car go for a song with no way to bid for it

For me the magic if the auction is lost if all the bidding is between people who pre planned to bid on one or two cars and paid a deposit the week before. Especially when this is now the only way to bid with nobody there in person..  

I suspect the memorabilia bit will really suffer to if you have to stick a 500 quid deposit to bid on an oil can or a metal sign