Anglia Classic Car Auction

pompei

Some nice stuff, but the vague sniffs of chod were still going through at silly money. Once that decrepit Ranger went through for around 2 grand, and the S-type about 1300, I thought this is way outta my league.

Nice battered sausage n chips in the cafe mind, worth* the journey for that alone.

There was a lovely looking MG R-V8 there but suspect that was gonna be a huge price.

Had a good hoon back in the 620 as the A17 and A52 somehow emptied themselves for huge swathes of the journey back.

2 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Didn't spot any shiters whilst I was there.  Came out to find the seagulls had been using my car for target practice. 

DSC_0215.thumb.JPG.c061b920a7f7d17549adf8803ab71034.JPG

Dirty bastards. ?

Radio 4 often sneaks in a 'birds in peril' story about some lesser spotted widget who's habitat is under threat - never a word about the way they crap on my car with unerring accuracy.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:06 AM, lesapandre said:

That should surely be set out in the catalogue...or maybe not. Both as a buyer and seller at these kind of things I think they are a circus IMHO and would never get involved again. 

Unless incredibly rare or cheap surely better to buy off an owner and have a good look or test drive etc. 

I anyway lost interest in 'collectors' cars - our kind of cars are much more fun - spend the balance taking the car somewhere more interesting on a roadtrip. Lots of fantastic cars are still super value, Citroens from the 80/90's, similarly Mercedes from the same era unless sports etc etc.

And lots of these established 'collectors' drive like sheds IMHO. And their owners are  ****** best avoided too!?. Grump over.

All of that is a valid opinion, and one of the reasons I wanted to sell the 1100 is that it's the one car I've never really done anything to; it was bought as a good car rather than an orphan and whilst I have some good memories of it I'd rather get one of my others into a scruffy bvt useable (rather than fully restored) state. 

I had it advertised  elsewhere for more than a month at £3595 without a nibble.  ACA always seem to get good prices for nice cars so I took a chance selling it through them purely for financial reasons; I certainly had nothing to hide.  It sold today for £4100 before fees.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Craig the Princess said:

Is anyone going tomorrow? Had a nose around at the viewing today with BeEP, some shite going through.

IMG_20190823_151601729.thumb.jpg.aecbd51f95e08a15e254af9965db9726.jpg

I can almost hear Pavarotti limbering up with this Italia '90 special.

God. I’ve wanted one of them since 1990. I had every bit of memorabilia; from the newspaper cut outs to the small Coca Cola sponsored ball.

I don’t think I’ll ever afford one now though, sadly. 

As Craig can't make tomorrow I've got a spare catalogue if anyone on here would like to avoid the entrance fee.  I'll PM my phone number to anyone interested, but will be leaving home at 11am and don't have a smartphone so won't respond to any messages after that.

There are a couple of nineties entries I might have a bid on iif they stay cheap; the later stuff hasn't done brilliantly at the last couple of auctions.

Shame I am working, as although there didn't seem to be much of interest on there a few weeks ago, some interesting lots have popped up. 

This Mondeo Ghia X is ticking a lot of boxes for me. Wood* trim, estate, chrome which doesn't suit the car at all, it has it all. Probably will go for alright money though as these are starting to get a following.

img_8745.thumb.jpg.ce920c68a0c3862bf2c171857d36d6a3.jpg

img_8747.thumb.jpg.ed813420a0e78241035520e069d77ae0.jpg

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-24th-august-2019/1996-ford-mondeo-20-ghia-x-estate/