Anglia Classic Car Auction

pompei

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice, but not £1500 nice (that is decent 3.2 money). Although I was thinking about it for a bit afterwards, there is a certain Omega on here where the words "future" and "sale" were mentioned in relation to it later on that same day, so I am keeping my eyes peeled.

However, I have suitably punished myself for hesitating, by inadvertently making my first steps onto the new number plate system, which you will be able to see tomorrow (where details will be in the modern section).

• 1 month later...

Any fellow shitters up for the next auction 3 Nov

Maybe, won't know for sure until mid-week.

Yep, I'll be there.

I'd be interested to know what the XJS's they have in are like and what sort of money they make.

Unfortunately, I can't make this one.  Probably for the best, as really I can't buy anything ridiculous until after Christmas.

I thought I'd bump this for any shiters fancying a meet-up.

I won't be making this, as whilst the painters were working at my place a plumbing issue spontaneously occurred, that was nothing to do with them, so I've got watery stuff to fix now.

I will unfortunately still be missing this. A shame, but I hope everyone who is going will enjoy it.

This no reserve Rover 827 looks rather nice with its combination of wood trim and beige velour.

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-3rd-november-2018/1989-rover-827-si-auto/

post-20228-0-59144000-1541032240_thumb.jpg

post-20228-0-90435400-1541032254_thumb.jpg

A lot of cars up for sale there. I'd wonder given there are so many there would be that many buyers? Or is this more trade-trade. Myself I'd always prefer to meet the owner and have a drive and a cup of tea. Buying very complex fairly recent moderns over the block surely involves risk? Does the lower price justify?

Does the lower price justify?

Probably not - I find recent hammer prices plus commission can be way over what I reckoned

Do like that Singer Vogue, that's right up my street.  Likely a tarted-up heap though, now with added NOVA fuss into the mix

I sold my tidy early Maxi way too cheap, looking at the reserve on the Oyster one with the late plasticky fittings

HOW MUCH ESTIMATE for that Nissan 200SX?

Will anyone really want that Leopard-skinned Al-Fayed Mini?

Suzuki Alto is a peach.  Didn't Trigger have one of those?

Probably not - I find recent hammer prices plus commission can be way over what I reckoned

Do like that Singer Vogue, that's right up my street.  Likely a tarted-up heap though, now with added NOVA fuss into the mix

I sold my tidy early Maxi way too cheap, looking at the reserve on the Oyster one with the late plasticky fittings

HOW MUCH ESTIMATE for that Nissan 200SX?

Will anyone really want that Leopard-skinned Al-Fayed Mini?

Suzuki Alto is a peach.  Didn't Trigger have one of those?

The SX have mostly disappeared from the UK roads. When they were about I thought they were nice, I even went to look at a new one at a dealership - but I'm not sure they are particularly well made or long lived. For the money asked there are a lot more newer and better sports much cheaper. But each to his own etc.