Anglia Classic Car Auction

pompei

Myself and 95 quid Peugeot were up there too. I had initially gone up to look at the Gold Cortina Ghia, however decided against it when I saw the base of the A-pillar was mostly made out paint, filler and rust.

post-20228-0-67219400-1535241205_thumb.jpg

I think it ended up going for something like £2300 in the end.

Saw this nice SD1 outside, so it wasn't a wasted trip anyway. I reckon Keith will be along at some point with his view of the day.

post-20228-0-86848400-1535241648_thumb.jpg

Mrs 95 and myself met up with Brodders there. It's the first time we've been. Whilst there was some real shite and some horrendously overpriced stuff, there was plenty of stuff that I felt good value I bid on a Bentley and a XJS that went through before we ended up with the P4

At least you can a proper look around them beforehand and you've a fair time to assess them on drive through.

Bearing in mind the fair few that go through and are on eBay at double the price a few days later. Most which seem to sell, there are bargains to be had

I would of liked to stay longer however driving a 55yo unknown home I thought it might be prudent to set off at a sensible time. Would I buy there again. Undoubtably yes.

I was there along with Mrs P and Captain Slow. Did anyone see the SAAB 9000 parked up with destroyed paint? That was us.

The only thing I wish I had registered to bit for was a minted Daimler XJ40 that went for £2100. I go just to poke around and view it as a car museum which changes its exhibits each time you visit, really.

And the chips - the cafe does first class chips.

I was there along with Mrs P and Captain Slow. Did anyone see the SAAB 9000 parked up with destroyed paint? That was us.

The only thing I wish I had registered to bit for was a minted Daimler XJ40 that went for £2100. I go just to poke around and view it as a car museum which changes its exhibits each time you visit, really.

And the chips - the cafe does first class chips.

Likewise - but we were far enough away not to have been passed by anyone who arrived at a reasonable time! 

Bid on a couple of Bentleys to replace the one the AA blew me up in. The Seicento made £1500.

Always an interesting catalogue.  I liked this and it dredged up an ancient memory of crawling all over an identical new one as a kid, at a car show.  That shade of blue with the gold wheels.  https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-25th-august-2018/1979-rover-sd1-3500-s-auto/

Only two still on the road and nine SORNS in this trim level apparently.

Nice pre-HE XJS as well.

Mrs 95 and myself met up with Brodders there. It's the first time we've been. Whilst there was some real shite and some horrendously overpriced stuff, there was plenty of stuff that I felt good value I bid on a Bentley and a XJS that went through before we ended up with the P4

At least you can a proper look around them beforehand and you've a fair time to assess them on drive through.

Bearing in mind the fair few that go through and are on eBay at double the price a few days later. Most which seem to sell, there are bargains to be had

I would of liked to stay longer however driving a 55yo unknown home I thought it might be prudent to set off at a sensible time. Would I buy there again. Undoubtably yes.

I was absolutely busting to go as the catalogue looked dead interesting, but being the last day of visiting my family in the South East it was a no go.

If you don't mind me asking, which of the Bentleys did you bid on? I really fancied the sage green '68 T-Type - it looked mint, had a clean MoT history according to the DVLA website and (to my mind) was a cracking colour combination. I had an 1968 T1 about ten years ago and it is one of the few classic I have sold that I miss. As I am sure some on here will know the early T1s don't pop up that often so to see three including a very early 1966 one really interested me. There were a couple of Turbo Rs there too. 

Annoyingly the results are yet listed on ACA's site, although I'm sure it will be upsetting to see what somethings went for.

Ps. Cracking buy in the P4. From the reg it looks like it was originally a Pembrokeshire car.

I'm gently weeping onto my keyboard. The prices seem generally low. Were the cars generally ropy or has the market cooled a bit?

Jaysus. This one looks very familiar:

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-25th-august-2018/1983-citroen-cx-2400-familiale-auto/

because it sold earlier this year at the Brightwells JLR collection sell-off for about £2800.....

Also the buyer of the 15 grand M635CSi got a steal.

Jaysus. This one looks very familiar:

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-25th-august-2018/1983-citroen-cx-2400-familiale-auto/

because it sold earlier this year at the Brightwells JLR collection sell-off for about £2800.....

Also the buyer of the 15 grand M635CSi got a steal.

How much did the CX fetch this time? Was it not sold, it still gives the auction estimate on the results page.