Look at this heap of shit. Bangle Bum Bavarian content.

The Reverend Bluejeans

Bloody hell, it's hard to believe that shape is 15 years old now...

Its hard to believe that a car designer came up with that shape, and even harder to believe his boss didnt throw him out the nearest window when he presented it to him.

The e38 was a georgeous car and they replaced it with that !

Is it on Ebay...?

Nevermind, found it. I'll keep an eye on it but promise to not bid on it until you met your personal limit. ;-)

Don't forget fees. It will go to 7-800 and will be £1000+ out the door. Or not much less than one running with an MOT costs - they do about £1200 in the auctions.

Any mug can pay too much for a scrap car. You bid away!  :-D

If the Rev can’t fix this motor up then I doubt anyone else would have half a chance repairing it and knowing the Rev he will have this old girl running great again on a shoestring.

I can’t wait to see it fixed and running again in no time this thread is full of win.

My neighbours son has just paid out 50 grand on some one year old BMW (or so he’s says) I never knew existed called a 440 and that old 7 looks posher than that and if you parked the two side by side you would say yours was the more expensive car and you’ve got it for the price of an alloy on that thing.

Don't forget fees. It will go to 7-800 and will be £1000+ out the door. Or not much less than one running with an MOT costs - they do about £1200 in the auctions.

Any mug can pay too much for a scrap car. You bid away!  :-D

Right, the fees would probably push it over the budget I'd be willing to have for a 730i. Again a nice 745i in the right colors would be a difference, but this particular car would need to be dirt cheap.

I'm really hoping that you will get this one though, I'm always interested in hearing about the ownership experience for once of those, and having an M54, it's as reliable as an E65 will get drivetrain-wise. Consider that you might already have a buyer, should you get if through MOT ;) 

Also I'd love to know where I can buy an MOT'd E65 for 1200 quid

I suspect it's knackered tbh. It's been entered by a private bod or a garage as an incomplete repair, engine noise, non working handbrake, ABS fault  and so on. Really, it's scrap. It needs to be bought for scrap money. The problem with the E65 is that you can't just walk into a breakers and buy parts for peanuts like you can with an E46. Everything is ££££.

As BV said, these don't even break every well.

Its hard to believe that a car designer came up with that shape, and even harder to believe his boss didnt throw him out the nearest window when he presented it to him.

The e38 was a georgeous car and they replaced it with that !

The E65 sold more than the E38 though.

That 735i has zero service history, and the EML light is on.

Only Mot'd to early Sept.

That'll be 1200 quid then.  Not my £1200 I hasten to add. :-)

I was at BCA Notts 2 weeks ago. Some cheap cars; 09 Insignia 1.8 petrol, £1050, 06/07 Astras and Focussesses for 500 quid and a 58 plate Astra Coupe did £800. Plus a super clean 03 X5 3.0i made £1300. A tatty E60 520i on a 53 plate sold for £850. 

Old cars are cheap.

I was aware of Copart but registered at BCA now. Awesome, I now have one more way of buying old shite nobody wants.

Edit: Looks like you need to be an "professional motor trader" to bid online. I guess that means that you are basically limited to whatever is showing up locally? Considering the fairly small selection of vehicles on their site, that would make buying anything specific a pita really.

That'll be 1200 quid then. Not my £1200 I hasten to add. :-)

I was at BCA Notts 2 weeks ago. Some cheap cars; 09 Insignia 1.8 petrol, £1050, 06/07 Astras and Focussesses for 500 quid and a 58 plate Astra Coupe did £800. Plus a super clean 03 X5 3.0i made £1300. A tatty E60 520i on a 53 plate sold for £850.

Old cars are cheap.

That’s why big problems like engines needing taking apart or clutches and crap big expensive jobs like that just aren’t worth doing on stuff now. £100 here and there is ok but forget spending £600 on a clutch and DMF on a £500 car. Just buy another.