1985 Talbot Alpine Minx (Annie Alpine)

Grey the Floydian Sergal

I also must add a great thanks to the Simca Owners'  Club as they've been a massive help (& I'm not even a paid up member yet!). Everything from sourcing a new Electronic dipstick, to a colour/trim matched Tailgate!

IMG_3001.thumb.JPG.447b85b0b7511a7e86e366d4093737d4.JPG

IMG_3002.thumb.JPG.2f852fb09310bd7aea1d56e3e36257a8.JPG

Even these impossibly rare Minx wing badges were kindly sent to me for the grand sum of nil. So the Simca club is definitely one I'll have to join. They are practically begging me to attend some of their events so I think I'd better lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Glad that you guys are keeping track of Annie's youtube adventures lol

IMG_3593.thumb.JPG.f2576e7ef34b06caabc159ebf95776b1.JPG

Annie is Back, officially returned to be after her engine rebuild in November 2021. After a little tinkerage, she sailed through the MOT & I've been using her as daily transport for the last couple of months, allowing Judith the Jag to have a bit of a rest.

IMG_3587.thumb.JPG.4d3a6cfcb7aa8fd93221eba8fda761ad.JPG

As stated in Annie's return video, I was perhaps naive to think she'd be absolutely A1 after her engine rebuild. I reckoned I had the carb tuned about right when she was last on the road. How wrong I was. The jets were blocked & the whole carb was in need of a bit of an overhaul. Once that was sorted & a new fuel filter, she's running more consistently & reliably. Even when her jets would clog on the road, she wouldn't leave me stranded. All in all, I'm very happy to have the old girl back & she seems to grab more attention than the Jag, surprising given Talbots are supposed to be as desirable as dog eggs in the laundry. She still needs a bit of tinkering though, one of the calipers is binding on the sliders, the gearshift is a little awkward when going into first, second & fifth, better than it was but not perfect. I have a new clock to go into the dash so hopefully that'll work & of course, my rattlecan paint job is starting to bubble under the surface in places, namely around the rear arches & front N/S wing but for the moment, I'm happy to have the beige dream machine back in use

The twin-choke carbs on these are a notorious pain in the arse to keep in tune.  The Solara I had after the Alpine was the same - it often wouldn't idle, and at one point the only way it would run at all is if I had my foot flat to the floor, which made driving interesting.