One of a kind. You want it. Mazda 323... Looks like Wednesday is the day

stillOrange

It has been promptly reported to me that a very nice talkative chap with “happy personality” has taken the car away...

Who da fucks that guy :D

Seriously, who wouldn't have a happy personality picking this cracking little beastie up. Drove faultlessly up the road, it's surprisingly comfortable and spacious inside, and it's got motherfuckin cup holders! I love me a car with cup holders.

I filled up at Gretna as there was a very generous amount of pez already in there. Bonus! Car sips it too on a motorway run.

I wasn't actually sure what to do with this thing, but after driving it im considering running it as a WBOD and keeping the Prelude off the impending salty roads over the winter. Then probably roffle it again.

PEZ SHOT.

post-23087-0-66700400-1536413078_thumb.jpg

I do apologise for the not so clean condition inside...

It is really a good car. My average over 3 months and almost 2k miles was 42 mpg which I thought was rather good.

I forgot to mention that there's no radio. Neither me or Bollox had the front panel for it.

Nothing a quick hoover and cloth won't sort, don't worry. I just had a good sing song to myself on the way home to compensate. Going to try and fit one later I've got lying around, hopefully I've got the right connector for it.

On that subject, just went out to try and chuck a stereo in, and I can't get the one that's in there out! Will not fucking budge. I've no idea if it's the original one that's in there, if so I'll probably have to unscrew the dash apart *smacks head* can't not be having choonz

It didn't look original... I never bothered with even trying to take it out.

I'm sure it's possible to just take the central console bit off without the dashboard.

Having said all that I don't know. Maybe Bo11ox would know a bit more.

I'm usually quite useful at this sort of thing but it's got me baffled! Eff it, can mess about later with it

Not wishing to be a bucket of cold water, but Far Eastern manufacturers seemed to just love bolting their head units into the dash back in the '90s.

I once spent an entertaining* few hours trying to swap units on a Mk1 Hyundai Accent, eventually resorting to mole grips and long-nose pliers to remove the original cassette unit, piece by piece, before realising why the damn thing wouldn't just pop out like every other sodding car I'd worked at.

Youtube videos might help, though model-specific ones might be more hard to come by.

It'll deffo be doable - though I still haven't swapped the units round on my Subaru Forester as it seems to be a fairly involved job also, requiring the climate control gubbins to be dismantled. Waiting on a day when I feel invincible; until then it's the iPod and one of these...

post-17915-0-57164200-1536424706_thumb.jpg

Not wishing to be a bucket of cold water, but Far Eastern manufacturers seemed to just love bolting their head units into the dash back in the '90s.

I once spent an entertaining* few hours trying to swap units on a Mk1 Hyundai Accent, eventually resorting to mole grips and long-nose pliers to remove the original cassette unit, piece by piece, before realising why the damn thing wouldn't just pop out like every other sodding car I'd worked at.

Youtube videos might help, though model-specific ones might be more hard to come by.

It'll deffo be doable - though I still haven't swapped the units round on my Subaru Forester as it seems to be a fairly involved job also, requiring the climate control gubbins to be dismantled. Waiting on a day when I feel invincible; until then it's the iPod and one of these...

Sony-Ultra-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker-04.jpg

Aye, I done some acrobatics and poked my head round the back with a torch and it does look there's a bolt holding it in. Fucksticks. Looks like a blanking plate and a Bluetooth speaker that fits into the Cup holder will do. #halfarsed

A quick hoover and scrub, plus some cheapy mats and this little thing is looking good. Does anyone know if this car shares the same parts as the other 323's? I'd like to get a parcel shelf for it but looking on ebay there is 323f's 323c's etc? I know this one is known as a 323p, so if it's unique to the car it'll very much be unobtainium, as this shape is as rare as rocking horse shit

post-23087-0-76226200-1536493859_thumb.jpg

It shares a lot of interior switch gear and trim with my Bongo, same year too. If the stereo is anything like contemporary Toyotas you’ll need to pop the trim around radio and heaters to reveal a cage bolted into the dash, then the head unit is bolted into that.

Interesting, I might have a wee nosey later. I couldn't see any obvious way of getting it off ie screws, but maybe it can pop off with a flat screwdriver or something around the edges. I'll see if there's any videos out there

OK so this was awful, but we now have tunes! The radio was actually only held in by its iso connecter, but it was so tight back there I had to unscrew the fucking glove box to get my hand in, shredded my fucking fingers and arm in the process but fuck it, I'm happy. OMG RESALE VALU. just need to tidy up the dash I butchered taking the trim off. Only have to find a parcel shelf to be complete and delighted

post-23087-0-36997600-1536507109_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-71671600-1536507123_thumb.jpg

I got tired and scratched just by looking at the pictures.

I had a look on some websites here in Sweden as there seem to be few of these Mazdas around. I can get you one of these parcel shelfs for around £150. It comes with a whole car though...

Sweden would be one hell of a collection thread. I'd like to see a picture of one so I can match it with what's on sale on eBay but even pictures of them are rare on Google!