Spotted!

Cord Fourteener

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 4:01 PM, Tim_E said:

Been trying to get a snap of this for a while, and now success.

Just look at that paint work!

20191019_151109.jpg

20191019_151128.jpg

"Let me tell you how it's gonna be

With Ford Paint's lifetime guarantee,

'cos when your Ford's too old to say,

You can re-rechod, not fade away,

Re-rechod, not fade away,

Re-rechod, not fade away....."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How have a I missed a fellow North Wales spotted thread! I'm enjoying playing identify the location as much as looking at the cars! 

The Golf's on Mold High Street  if I'm not mistaken!

Reminds me I need to update my spotted thread! Maybe one day we'll pap each other's cars ?

On 12/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, brownnova said:

How have a I missed a fellow North Wales spotted thread! I'm enjoying playing identify the location as much as looking at the cars! 

The Golf's on Mold High Street  if I'm not mistaken!

Reminds me I need to update my spotted thread! Maybe one day we'll pap each other's cars ?

Yes, it's Mold High Street!

Let's hope we do pap each others cars. Do you have a spotted as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, MrSchwifty said:

Holy mother! Another one. Keep an eye on it and if it's ever for sale let me know!

Haha ok, if I catch it for sale yes.

There was a nice well-looked after Volvo 240 near me, I was tempted to knock on Matey's door and ask if he ever wants to sell it to let me know. However, before I had decided if knocking was a good idea or not it went away forever :(

Red MGB Roadster was at one end, the blue cover hides a rubber bumper MGB GT, at the other end.

We spent 2.5 hours swapping the radiator on his mk4 astra, but obviously I failed to take photos or charge him for the part. 

What I  can tell you is that residents are not allowed to fix cars in the garage. 

I know because when we were at the point of no return, some bloke decided to inform us of that fact. 

I explained that sometimes, for some people it's a choice, either shop in Waitrose and plan a 2 week honeymoon in the Maldives but get your dad to lie on his back on a cold concrete floor and pay to repair your car, 

Or, shop at Heron Foods, plan a weekend away to Prestatyn, and pay a main dealer to do your servicing on a 69 reg merc you've funded by lease hire. 

Poor bloke looked confused. 

8 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Surely you are not a resident, thereby exempt from such regulation?

Maybe it's still counted if its a residents car.

9 hours ago, New POD said:

I explained that sometimes, for some people it's a choice, either shop in Waitrose and plan a 2 week honeymoon in the Maldives but get your dad to lie on his back on a cold concrete floor and pay to repair your car, 

Or, shop at Heron Foods, plan a weekend away to Prestatyn, and pay a main dealer to do your servicing on a 69 reg merc you've funded by lease hire. 

Poor bloke looked confused. 

Haha I bet he was!

13 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Surely you are not a resident, thereby exempt from such regulation?

To be honest, the space he uses to park his car, does not come with his fiancee's flat. 

When he first moved in he did a daily check of the car park and worked out which spaces were never used. (Assuming that's  because it's on a bus route to the city, and close to cycle paths that some people just don't own a car)  

So if anyone complains, it won't be to him or his flat. 

They are planning to move later in the year to a house, and I've requested that they look for one with space for a garage.