Special K Kats little Rover

catsinthewelder

Love it and the headliner. Need to do something similar in the ZR as the headling is rank.  Original owner must have been safety conscious to spec the optional passenger airbag. I'm pretty sure it was an option until almost the end of R3 production.

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if it would be a bit too Retro Rides for this place. I've been putting off sorting the headliner in the 405 for ages. The man maths was that this one couldn't be much worse and could fairly easily be replaced if I made a pigs ear of it. If the PVA holds out then I'll do the 405 though I think something a little more subtle would be better there.

Its been a really nice day here, this went far better than I expected. The kids have been fairly nice and Hairnet, DW and Rachel have called round for a cuppa and natter.

Also

post-4555-0-78305200-1534717353_thumb.jpg

Love it and the headlining. Need to do something similar in the ZR as the headling is rank.  Original owner must have been safety conscious to spec the optional passenger airbag. I'm pretty sure it was an option until almost the end of R3 production.

My early turquise 214Si had a passenger air bag and wind up windows, it was originally registered to Enterprise (or another rental agency) so I doubt the options were ticked. My ex Wuvum 25 GSI registered about 2 weeks before Rover went bump had aircon, leather, all round electric windows but no passenger air bag, although by that point Rover had got suitably embarrassed by the cubby hole that replaced the air bag on the prefacelift dash that it had an airbag shaped blanking panel... I wonder if the air back stopped being standardish on the transfer from 200 to 25?

No worries, I'm intrigued about Tom's Rover though.

I'm going to try and change the oil and coolant this week. Oil can happen here but coolant will need to come out at work as they have a hose and no cats.

Coolant should be easy to change. I believe these have a total loss system. Not sure if it works like two stroke but you could try putting some antifreeze in with the petrol?

Plenty on eBay for £10ish posted or 4 for £15 collected from Brum,  will give it a couple of days to try and think what else I need to collect from Brum before hitting BIN.

edit,

Or I could pay attention and see if Mo can find his,  thanks mate ;)

birminghamshire/sohihull border over 'ere son if you need me :whacky055:

• 1 month later...