D Spares & Tyres

Clio saved. A happy ending

I forgot to mention that there is a load of service history with this car.

It has been a very well cared for car until recently. The lady who had it for years part exchanged it and the chap who bought it just ran it for a few months until the mot was up. He didn't wash it or spend any money on it but it's still a nice little car under the dirt!

Don't make me squash it!!!!

Top marks for trying to save it, mine was in a similar condition apart from a tired engine. Scrapped it and three others last October for £85 cash each collected by a local scrap dealer.

Could have got about an extra £20 each taking  them to the bridge myself, but not worth the time and hassle.

I fancy one of these, for me one of the last 'interesting' Renault's. I missed out on a very early one (J plate) last year which was a lovely burnt orange colour, sadly that went to scrap I believe. 

If I wasn't Maxi'd out I would have it, but I can't see myself having the time or cash for the next month.

Hope a knight in shining armour does come along and rescues her.

Do it has power steering???

and how much delivered to Yam yam land..(dy54lp)

also do it has the amazing leaking sunroof, or is it tin top??

Do it has power steering???

and how much delivered to Yam yam land..(dy54lp)

also do it has the amazing leaking sunroof, or is it tin top??

Ah another local autoshiter........apologies for the thread hi-jack.

If you wanted to go and collect it I may be able to drive you over there?

Ah another local autoshiter........apologies for the thread hi-jack.

If you wanted to go and collect it I may be able to drive you over there?

yup i'm a snetta...for the time being..

as for driving it back, no Mot :( I know could do Pre booked MOT - but knowing my luck I'd still get done!!)

Would anyone be interested in this for £300 with 12 months mot?

It shouldn't need much. I may even make a profit. If it passes really easily then some discount may be available...

£300 for a small, reliable little runabout is a bargain. Hope it finds a home, can't see it taking long.

Nicole wouldn't be smiling if she knew.

attachicon.gif154.jpg

Bodywork is getting a bit thin but most things are still in working order. Probably has the odd leak. Several owners. No idea on mileage but still goes quite well I reckon.would do someone for a couple more years til something better comes along.

ATCNBE

Re: the biff to the nose. How bad is it? I can’t really tell by the photographs.

If it were me, I’d list this up for general sale to the public. There are very, very few Mk1s for sale right now. I reckon you’d see about £250.

I appreciate you might not be arsed tho...

Re: the biff to the nose. How bad is it? I can’t really tell by the photographs.

Cracked but repaired bumper. Barely noticeable. Bent but Behind the bumper. Not structural but is visible if you bend down and look between the bumper and bonnet.

Slight dent to front of bonnet but genuinely is slight. Non of this is an issue

Cracked but repaired bumper. Barely noticeable. Bent but Behind the bumper. Not structural but is visible if you bend down and look between the bumper and bonnet.

Slight dent to front of bonnet but genuinely is slight. Non of this is an issue

Certainly not at this price it isn’t. I just wondered if my eyes were fubar’d because I couldn’t see any signs of a lost punch up.

Go on, have a closer look. Look deep into its soul. You can't let me kill it, you heartless bastardsattachicon.gifIMG_20180823_151436.jpg

You're right, I can't

I would have done a few years ago but then I discovered this forum called Autoshite. Apparently it's all about saving old unloved cars

I agree.

And due to the above (and the fact its time in French quarter has expired) it is being delivered to Norfolk in a week or so's time :-D

On Wednesday this happened...

post-19511-0-27543300-1537387676.jpg

Yesterday I polished a turd.

Today it looks like this...

post-17876-0-39046100-1537545873_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-42184800-1537545884_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-45753900-1537545897_thumb.jpg

I do feel a bit guilty that someone in Herefordshire would like half their farm back, but at least I'm not afraid to sit in it any more!

The mirror previously held on with angle brackets in the earlier photos had got knocked off sometime over the past few weeks, and the nearside headlight shed its lens on the journey to Norfolk.  I don't want to spend money until I know how badly it fails the MOT, so I'm hoping to bodge a Metro mirror on and that The Old Bloke Next Door will find a headlight when he returns from holiday.  However, if anyone else has either I'd be happy to hear from them.

It does seem solid underneath, although I need to give it another session with the pressure washer to get the rest of the mud off.  If and when an MOT is obtained it will go up for sale or cheap roffle; I'm not really expecting to make anything out of it!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Broadsword
      Hot on the heels of last week’s collectioneering of a Xantia, another collection starts here and now. Well it is probably a collection as long as the car is as described, but I am optimistic.

Clues. It’s enormous yet quite cramped. Never had one before and it could be considered blessed, saintly even!
    • By barefoot
      Welcome to my new thread which combines my 944, XJ-8 and Vel Satis threads in one.

New stuff is on page 16 onwards...

-----------------------

Hopefully you'll all be saluting me whilst I strike a ridiculous pose.

I can haz Jaguar!

Many thanks to Chris for driving it down, I've only driven it three feet forward so far & when I switched it off the bloody thing locked me in, wouldn't start and absolutely nothing would work - in the blazing sun - the fair wife is impressed*
      Will have a new battery tomorrow - I can't stand that again - and it will be MOT'd either this week or next whenever my man with the big spanner can fit me in.
      I'll keep you all informed...
    • By KruJoe
      It's the green one.
      If you're proper horny for it then PM me, but anyone with cash can buy a car any time. Meh.
      Would roffle, but CBA with the admin.

Therefore, funtime!

Another KruJoe-spec 99p start AUCTION...

(GBP (Pounds Sterling) bids only, no licked Twixes (John_F, I'm talking to you), bid increments 50 pence or more, that's up to you. Auction ends 24 hours after the last bid. Other T&C's may apply if I haven't thought of them yet.)

It's a risk, but I'll take it.
      I've thought of a number as a reserve, roughly bridge price plus today's £50 MOT fee, so above that, I'm happy. If it doesn't work, we'll re-think, but his is will be a cheap car for one of you lot.

Central, so close to everyone on mainland UK.

Collection: most days/times are possible, evenings are good. Relaxed timescale, storage is not a problem here. I can bring you to it from Skipton bus or rail station.
      The Car.
      My dependable daily for two FTP-free years. Ex-JohnK and Bramz. 
      1.4 Rti run-out model, lots of toys. 
      Cheap tax and cla$$ic policy friendly (£140pa, Carole Nash. A.Flux quoted similar).
      Tested until 31 May 2020, advised on two back tyres.
      Not yet 62,000 on the dial. Likely to be SORN'd before June. V5 here, with loads of history.
      New oil and filter last week.
      Good batt, exhaust, brakes etc. There are a few minor niggles, I've just lived with it. Character, innit.
      Squishy-comfort velour in fine fettle. (Almost) everything works.
      The bodywork scrubs up well but there's some bits of rust if you really go looking. It doesn't stop it being a respectable motor… until… last week one of my favourite brothers rubbed a tractor down the side, damaging two doors and the mirror.

All still work fine, and I still have the (undamaged) plastic strip from the door. I don't have the arsedness to try improving it cosmetically and I'm ready for a change of daily anyway. The worst would likely push out from inside. As would the small bit on the arch – it's single skinned there. Until that happened, nobody has ever turned their nose up at it, and it has attracted a lot of positive conversation. 

99p anyone?
    • By dollywobbler
      I have acquired a vehicle. This is when I was trying to fix it so I could drive home.

The car was offered FOC to the Rover 800 Owners' Club. They weren't really in a position to take it on directly, so it ended up being pointed my way. It's an 820 base model - SU carburettor-fed 2-litre O-Series! BAe was the first owner, for eight weeks, then it was sold to the father of the chap I bought it off, who sadly passed away last year.

It has covered 105k, has a fair bit of rust in a few places, but is pretty tidy and looks bloody fantastic. It has a few weeks of MOT, delicious dealer plates, unexpected lumbar adjustment and electric front windows. One piece of wood on the dash, none on the doors, manual tilt/slide sunroof, spoiler!

It had barely moved since July last year, but sadly, I got a whiff of hot brakes on the M55. I pulled onto the hard shoulder and the nearside rear wheel was smoking. I limped at 30mph down the hard shoulder to the next junction, which was not fun. I then limped gently back to the vendor, where I stripped the brake, used entirely the wrong grease (as it was all he had) to try and improve things, considered this a success and drove 180 miles home.

I seem to have mostly taken photos of the rear.

There is a petrol station shot, but you'll have to wait. I developed a horrible migraine on the way back and had to stop for a while. Most unlike me. 

Eventually made it back.

It's all a bit complicated, but the idea is I have it for a bit and at some point, it'll end up back with the club. I think the plan is to sell it to raise some funds for charity longer term, but sadly, it could also do with a set of calipers and tyres, so finances need to be reconsidered I think. The brakes are SHITE. It could be air from boiling brake fluid, so I'll see if a bleed helps, but I reckon all the calipers are buggered.

• By chaseracer
      OK, let's try this again; the sensible hybrid is on the way.

Late-1995 'Inca' 3-door
      1.8 n/a
      90000 miles
      MOT 19.6.2019, but will have new ticket before moving on
      'Patinated' yet very solid; character dent in front wing; never welded, boot floor perfect
      Sunroof sealed, replacement provided
      Great fun on the twisties but good on big roads too; would drive this anywhere
      Tarty but comfy pleather CTi front seats (originals here too)
      Grips well in mud with a large SCTSH on the bonnet (SF16!)
      Previously polished by Outlaw Bob
      Colour-coded HubNut sticker for ultimate shite cred

Car in WS12; taxed to get you home

Shiters' price: £590
      or
      Roffle at £10 a go.