Clio saved. A happy ending

D Spares & Tyres

I forgot to mention that there is a load of service history with this car.

It has been a very well cared for car until recently. The lady who had it for years part exchanged it and the chap who bought it just ran it for a few months until the mot was up. He didn't wash it or spend any money on it but it's still a nice little car under the dirt!

Don't make me squash it!!!!

Top marks for trying to save it, mine was in a similar condition apart from a tired engine. Scrapped it and three others last October for £85 cash each collected by a local scrap dealer.

Could have got about an extra £20 each taking  them to the bridge myself, but not worth the time and hassle.

I fancy one of these, for me one of the last 'interesting' Renault's. I missed out on a very early one (J plate) last year which was a lovely burnt orange colour, sadly that went to scrap I believe. 

If I wasn't Maxi'd out I would have it, but I can't see myself having the time or cash for the next month.

Hope a knight in shining armour does come along and rescues her.

Do it has power steering???

and how much delivered to Yam yam land..(dy54lp)

also do it has the amazing leaking sunroof, or is it tin top??

Ah another local autoshiter........apologies for the thread hi-jack.

If you wanted to go and collect it I may be able to drive you over there?

Ah another local autoshiter........apologies for the thread hi-jack.

If you wanted to go and collect it I may be able to drive you over there?

yup i'm a snetta...for the time being..

as for driving it back, no Mot :( I know could do Pre booked MOT - but knowing my luck I'd still get done!!)

Would anyone be interested in this for £300 with 12 months mot?

It shouldn't need much. I may even make a profit. If it passes really easily then some discount may be available...

£300 for a small, reliable little runabout is a bargain. Hope it finds a home, can't see it taking long.

Nicole wouldn't be smiling if she knew.

attachicon.gif154.jpg

Bodywork is getting a bit thin but most things are still in working order. Probably has the odd leak. Several owners. No idea on mileage but still goes quite well I reckon.would do someone for a couple more years til something better comes along.

ATCNBE

Re: the biff to the nose. How bad is it? I can’t really tell by the photographs.

If it were me, I’d list this up for general sale to the public. There are very, very few Mk1s for sale right now. I reckon you’d see about £250.

I appreciate you might not be arsed tho...

Re: the biff to the nose. How bad is it? I can’t really tell by the photographs.

Cracked but repaired bumper. Barely noticeable. Bent but Behind the bumper. Not structural but is visible if you bend down and look between the bumper and bonnet.

Slight dent to front of bonnet but genuinely is slight. Non of this is an issue

Cracked but repaired bumper. Barely noticeable. Bent but Behind the bumper. Not structural but is visible if you bend down and look between the bumper and bonnet.

Slight dent to front of bonnet but genuinely is slight. Non of this is an issue

Certainly not at this price it isn’t. I just wondered if my eyes were fubar’d because I couldn’t see any signs of a lost punch up.

Go on, have a closer look. Look deep into its soul. You can't let me kill it, you heartless bastardsattachicon.gifIMG_20180823_151436.jpg

You're right, I can't

I would have done a few years ago but then I discovered this forum called Autoshite. Apparently it's all about saving old unloved cars

I agree.

And due to the above (and the fact its time in French quarter has expired) it is being delivered to Norfolk in a week or so's time :-D

• 3 weeks later...

On Wednesday this happened...

post-19511-0-27543300-1537387676.jpg

Yesterday I polished a turd.

Today it looks like this...

post-17876-0-39046100-1537545873_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-42184800-1537545884_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-45753900-1537545897_thumb.jpg

I do feel a bit guilty that someone in Herefordshire would like half their farm back, but at least I'm not afraid to sit in it any more!

The mirror previously held on with angle brackets in the earlier photos had got knocked off sometime over the past few weeks, and the nearside headlight shed its lens on the journey to Norfolk.  I don't want to spend money until I know how badly it fails the MOT, so I'm hoping to bodge a Metro mirror on and that The Old Bloke Next Door will find a headlight when he returns from holiday.  However, if anyone else has either I'd be happy to hear from them.

It does seem solid underneath, although I need to give it another session with the pressure washer to get the rest of the mud off.  If and when an MOT is obtained it will go up for sale or cheap roffle; I'm not really expecting to make anything out of it!