LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

(what do they class a physical disability?)

I would imagine if you are in receipt of a disability benefit that is the 'gateway' to other support and acts as proof. But don't quote me on that, and I'm aware you are going through some shenanigans on that front.

24 minutes ago, 666jjp said:

have you looked at the NABD site?

http://www.nabd.org.uk/current-laws/

that was quite an interesting read, :) good to know more about the whole thing (and how to inform the DVLA of a disability)

it sadly still does not clear up anything about where the Model 70 falls and what licences you can and cant drive a Model 70 on...

also Woo 2500th post!

Have a couple more Old timey photos :)

I bet turn 1 was exciting! :mrgreen: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rw3-497alh/29561337205/

image.thumb.png.2c139f862202c1354bb8f80985a3f1c0.png

another one for the Buses and Invacar collection :) MXX489, RF512 is happily still around  https://www.flickr.com/photos/rw3-497alh/32102002006/

image.thumb.png.b1c965730b2d308b05c835bccb98757e.png

ok so I called footman james

and it went better then I was expecting! was also quite nerve wrecking as I have never called an insurance company until now!

sadly they cant insure/quote me because I have not held a full driving licence for over a year, however it sounds like insuring it via my mum will be an option open to me, so Ill speak to my mum and see when I can get her to call them up with me floating around in the room

better than I expected, because I was expecting to get told to get lost the moment I uttered the words "Invacar" LOL (and also when I mentioned my DoB and where I live etc LOL)

Welp back to Searching again :(

I just got called back and it looks like with the fresh pictures etc, the other interested person that had been messing him around for a good few years has finally decided to go forward with their purchasing of the 2 Model 70's and spare parts etc

he said that if the other party tries to mess him around anymore or such that he will come straight back to me, and he will give my details to the guy buying them, but for now thats me out of the race

it was looking so promising, so close, 2 times this has happened now! (3 if you count eggs Mk12 not being a Model 70 LOL)

I at least managed to get the Unknown ones chassis number, but its part of a registration block between KPC-P and KPK-P that I dont have documented yet sadly, so i'll fire off the chassis number to stuart see if he has it in his records at least

15 minutes ago, egg said:

Again, you've helped make another couple get saved, but not benefited yourself...

story of my life as they say!, at least i have been able to help others out :) 

Then again the other guy may mess around again, if it's taken him 5 years...

who knows! I just hope they go to a good home and dont just end up on ebay 5 minutes later as "Rare Microcar!"

(I also think the seller was getting cold feet after hearing them run again after many years)

The one at Elmsleigh Invacar was defo not for sale? Sorry, I've forgot.

sadly I dont think so, DW said with the new interest in invacars etc that they may want to get it back on the road

ill definitely contact them at some point, if nothing else also to grab its chassis number and hopefully un-ring that one too (its WPD607G a blatant ringer)

and Brian with MPH759P mentioned spotting an M Reg Invalid vehicle of some kind a while back so ill poke him about that as well

I also feel sorry for the other person who was willing to doing this with me, as they very much wanted the spares car too!

and they where also offering to do a lot of the heavy lifting for me (literally as in they had a flatbed truck waiting to transport them both, which was one of the big concerns with MPH759P when she showed up for sale)

5 minutes ago, egg said:

I wonder - would the ICR be prepared to sell you a Model 70? Is it worth seeing if you could twist Simon's arm?

that Might be a potential option!, I have never spoken directly to Simon before, I have been thinking of making contact, and making my presence known to these guys

I know they have VPF441M and OYP595 (another bloody ringer), and who knows while im there maybe I could grab a door for your Mk12? :mrgreen:

ill keep it in mind, but given how well* those guys communicate, ill prolly pursue other options first

Just spoke to Fraser

it does not look like he is the other person, although he was also chasing up an Unknown Model 70 with steering wheel controls around the London area a while back, so go figure! (he said that person had 2 but wanted to keep 1, and he had not really been able to get much from him, other then he wanted £2K for that Model 70)

he did say that He was interested in the spares car if I do end up with them, but I told him that I already have an interested person, but thanks for the offer!

but speaking of steering wheels

on the spares car  can anyone ID this one? its not of a type I have seen on a Model 70 before, and is that a giant AC badge in the middle? it looks quite sporty LOL

image.thumb.png.447353d457202d6f11e53305e8dcc3a8.png]

you can also see where the roof seal has melted from the heat of a shed burning down next to it, tbh I was expecting a lot more damage from that! you can also see floor mounted hand brake controls like TJN352R :)

1 hour ago, mrbenn said:

Bad news that the sale has fallen through, but good news that insurance should be doable!

It'll happen when the time is right.

Yeah I guess so! :)

this is a fun* roller coaster

Just got off a long phone call with Fraser, he called me, because indeed the steering wheel Model 70 he was being offered, is indeed the same one im looking at

but someone's fucking him about, as it's not the same person im dealing with, and this is the 3rd time someone tried to sell him a Model 70 that belonged to someone else 

Fraser said he has been trying to work a deal out this this "person" for about 2 months and was only recently got sent a picture of the Model 70, which guess what, was a cropped version of my screen shot I posted here!, so some dodgy stuff is going on sadly! 

so whoever is messing around with Fraser is on this forum or is lurking on this forum...  either that or fraser is messing with me, you never know! but even before I got a lead on these 2 Model 70's fraser mentioned a couple months ago having a lead on a Steering wheel Model 70

Fraser did mention he really wants another steering wheel Model 70, and that if the spares car was not rotten he would effectively pay for both Model 70's and id get REV451R for free supposedly!

but I told him I already have a friend who is interested etc, so if they do end up with me, that that person is first in line, I would not go under the table on them if that makes sense, which fraser understood thankfully

and one for @egg when fraser sent for a V888 for history of VES108S, he spoke to a DVLA chap who said the DVLA got all of the DHSSs records?!, so it might be worth sending off another V62 this time with your Mk12s registration!

in better news the guy with MPH759P got a  "new" carb in today, and fitted it to his Model 70 and things are running much better, he got her up to over 50Mph :) (when before it would struggle to hit 45 Mph)

he just needs a new Hydraulic brake light switch now, @dollywobbler I know you replaced the one on TWC, do you recall any details about it so he can order up a replacement? :)

That is rather a disappointment, after all your effort to secure them. I guess the main thing is that they will continue to survive, even if it is with someone else!

The main AS forum and its contents are visible to and searchable by anyone on the internet, so pictures and posts can be found and re-purposed at will by dishonest folk, sadly.

10 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

That is rather a disappointment, after all your effort to secure them. I guess the main thing is that they will continue to survive, even if it is with someone else!

The main AS forum and its contents are visible to and searchable by anyone on the internet, so pictures and posts can be found and re-purposed at will by dishonest folk, sadly.

indeed, however based on my own searching, Google does not like to show Autoshite content unless its provoked (im guessing due to the slightly sweary name LOL) and given how soon after posting my screen shots, did fraser get sent them by someone else, assuming what fraser is saying is true, it sure sounds like someone is lurking and doing things sadly...

indeed I hope they go to a good home at least, and I have the unknown ones Chassis number for my records now :)

(I guess there is still a chance it could fall through with the other guy and then the seller comes running back to me!)

14 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

in better news the guy with MPH759P got a  "new" carb in today, and fitted it to his Model 70 and things are running much better, he got her up to over 50Mph :) (when before it would struggle to hit 45 Mph)

he just needs a new Hydraulic brake light switch now, @dollywobbler I know you replaced the one on TWC, do you recall any details about it so he can order up a replacement? :)

Pretty sure I just ordered one suitable for early Reliants.

Don't get too disheartened by this all falling through. To be honest, I think you'd be better off aiming to pass your test first. It'll be expensive, but the clock to '12 months having a licence' starts as soon as you pass. I'd get that done. I had to wait several months after passing my test to actually get a car, and then I had to take it off the road after three months as I couldn't afford to insure it! Those early days are full of frustration.

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Pretty sure I just ordered one suitable for early Reliants.

Don't get too disheartened by this all falling through. To be honest, I think you'd be better off aiming to pass your test first. It'll be expensive, but the clock to '12 months having a licence' starts as soon as you pass. I'd get that done. I had to wait several months after passing my test to actually get a car, and then I had to take it off the road after three months as I couldn't afford to insure it! Those early days are full of frustration.

what counts as an Early reliant? thats a bit vague im afraid! im guessing its one of these? https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/182 I sent the link to the person looking to replace his and asked if any match the thread of his dead one.

yeah im well aware of that, but you also got to realise im sort of racing against all the microcar people so im trying to get one as soon as possible then figure out the rest of the details later!

from people I have spoken to there's definitely more demand for Model 70's then supply so to speak, you got incredibly lucky with TWC and TPA! 

I also don't want to spend all my saved up money on driving lessons etc, only for a suitable Model 70 to show up that I then can't afford, its one of the things im very much afraid of, hence why I Have been quite stingy with my moneys "you should buy this for yourself its only £5" NO LOL

its one of the many reasons I have been fighting the government for some benefits, as it means id be able to somewhat cover driving lessons (and other costs that people say will ruin me) without impacting the invacar slush fund hopefully!

Ok this is very interesting! roller coaster ride indeed! all is not lost maybe, after speaking to fraser some more, and got the name of the person trying to sell him the steering wheel car

I called up my Person with the 2 Model 70's and indeed, the guy trying to sell the steering wheel Model 70 to Fraser, is the one trying to buy both from my guy

it sounds like the guy is trying to buy both Model 70's keep REV451R for himself and sell the steering wheel one to Fraser for £££ (he kept increasing his price and eventually fraser just No way am I paying £3K for a unknown Model 70)

so I provided all this info to genuine seller, and he said he will think about it all, as this is exactly what he DIDN'T want, he wanted them to go to a good home to someone who would understand what they are etc, not to someone just looking to make a quick buck, but the other guy said he will be coming to collect with in the week so it will be interesting to see what happens!

but there might still be a chance for me (and the other interested person doing this with me) :)

for all I dont agree with how Frazer does things in regards to his Model 70's etc I have to thank him for giving me the heads up etc!

^ I really hope you've emphasised to the seller that you are a genuine buyer, you plan to keep the car long-term, you don't intend to make any money out of it, and that your funds are ready this second. 

I hope the seller sees sense, dodges the twat who's trying to make a quick buck (is he on here?) and sells to you and your other investor. Fingers crossed. 

Id like to think that the seller knows im genuine, iv certently done the "overly excited" part alright :), and I have discussed with him various intricate details of the Model 70, as well as showed him where the Chassis number was on the spares car, even after I learnt that he had "sold them"

and I have told the seller I have the money waiting and can collect within a month

the dodgy guy trying to make a quick bucks name is "Annesley"  apparently, does that ring any bells with anyone here?

Fraser says he will cut ties with the guy now he knows exactly what bullshittery was going on.

speaking of bullshittery,

I got this letter in the post today, its dated the 24th of June 2019, so its from monday, I think this whole benefits ordeal has just hit Peak government...

image.thumb.png.f4f5f382f9933854f8272a0cfda2da65.png

so I just got PMed this

http://annesleyabercorn.co.uk/photo-gallery/

2-1.jpg.7c3c81b6d2a9b2feed34c87738927c87.jpg

also spoke to another friend of mine who found this website as well

https://annesleyabercorn.me.uk/

I wonder if this is the other person interested in the 2 Model 70's?

its a shame the reg on the photo of his? Model 70 has been hidden but looking at the fine details I THINK, it might be NPN924P, they have the same tarnished AC badge, window sticker and non standard wheels, and mark on the bumper lower right

image.thumb.png.3dc54b7d27681fe8509370e83c8b6790.png

NPN924P is not any of the 2 that are currently for sale, so either its one this Annesley guy used to own or still does own?

On 3/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, LightBulbFun said:

on the Model 70 number plate stuff, iv also been looking up UPB-M AC Model 70s due to some "top secrete" information passed to me by someone of this forum

and they are a slightly weird bunch, they range from UPB261M to UPB449M

however the weird things are

UPB421M is a Jenson?!

and UPB427M is an Invacar, with March 13, 1980! as a date of first registration, but year of manufacture as 1973, like the rest of the UPB-M AC Model 70s

dunno wtf went on there, as the rest of that block are AC Model 70s...

sadly most of the UPB-M cars have been untaxed since long before Y2K so iv not been able to look them up for chassis numbers

the only UPB-M car I have been able to look up, is good old UPB262M

small correction I did a bit more DVLA bashing and it looks like the UPB-M block started from UPB254M which means 195 cars (much more round sounding number then 188 cars as I thought previously, the block MIGHT start from UPB251M but nothing from 51 to 53 shows up on the DVLA sadly so I can verify)

image.thumb.png.e0dde019545bbdd08223b9bd96369a8b.png

I imagine the conversation at the DVLA office for this one went down something like this

"hey m8 what the hell is this thing?!"

"I dunno m8 some sort of AC car?!"

*sees its 4PM on a friday afternoon*

"good enough for me!"

for those wondering I came across the JPH-K (JPH251K-JPH450K) block via this chod-tastic picture I discovered while trying to find any new to me P plate Model 70s to try ID the Unknown Spares car LOL (I know its somewhere between the KPC-P and KPK-P blocks)

6939378661_c5c2fa35b2_b.thumb.jpg.64373cc12beb32aaa7eb8c8cec406252.jpg 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71592768@N08/6939378661

out of curiosity does anyone recognise where this one might be? (also looks like the rear end has melted?!)

image.thumb.png.95cfa10cec52d70a0f46038a980fd567.png

I found the picture here a few months ago, sadly no info is included with the comment and reverse google search does not turn up anything

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/w6zrogx/

Fraser sent me some pictures from when he converted JPA268N from handlebars to steering wheel control

I wonder if the steering box is an off the shelf item or something bespoke? (from what fraser told me over the phone, it sounded like even with the steering wheel controls its still only a couple turns or so lock to lock, so I imagine the steering is still rather direct!)

image.thumb.png.7128daac18ce97ad3c957e2588affa93.png

image.thumb.png.556d7863519b1705a92d53626662c606.png

image.thumb.png.4bff2075d06557d83c567747e579967f.png

oh crap baskets 

the website I use to get Chassis numbers from reg numbers has fucked off, I knew it was a legacy part of the website, sadly it looks like they updated their entire website today and now its gone :( 

I have a backup site, but I only have a limited amount of looks up before I guess i'd have to make another account or pay for more "credits"

does anyone know of any websites these days that you can feed a Reg number into and get a Chassis/VIN number out for free?

(I wish I had access to whatever lanciamatt has at work as that can pull the VIN number of pretty much anything, without it having to have been taxed till 2002 :) )

heres a few fun pictures I have accumulated in in my continued search for any new P plate AC Model 70s to try and figure out out what the reg is for the Unknown Model 70 with REV451R

heres one in the US somewhere, sadly not sure which one this is, or where/who owns it exactly https://www.instagram.com/p/BXtzKt4l3ye/

20766321_1806543939359873_5019522502104186880_n.thumb.jpg.34937497067e1d41f0efb2163019fc8a.jpg

this one is in Russia I think, sadly not much in the way of details either, https://www.instagram.com/p/BebOXPbliY3/ and https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd960R7Fcly/

26863473_147860635918139_889450545469718528_n.thumb.jpg.9b56935415e9c4ba32caa5ce2680554b.jpg26403840_140120593346019_8040555506873401344_n.thumb.jpg.c3a421d32791474c86a0d764da20e269.jpg

heres a picture of 1Leg and TTW991R in captivity, I have messaged the owner of these 2 cars on Facebook, im hoping ill hear back and be able to figure out the details of 1 Leg :) (I also hear the owner owns about 10 other Invalid vehicles of some kind so im quite excited to find out what those are too :) )  https://www.instagram.com/p/BzLkJ_2Hlr7/

65288764_328042391471816_4770774303437378434_n.thumb.jpg.fd92ca6616a0accc857cb258389f9dd5.jpg

another picture of MVW446P :) 

e1cfdc3fa8.jpg.a35a318bc3fa9465a68b4e08941757c2.jpg

and finally another JPB-K car :) I think someone may have shared this picture on Autoshite a couple years ago, or at least a picture of an Invacar by a Castle, as the picture looks familiar to me  https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterolthof/38450813375

38450813375_af98e14b9f_o.thumb.jpg.781a8fc0fa45acbe0953c7836ed22692.jpg

edit: and this one, an Invacar Reg block I didn't have documented :) not a P plate AC tho sadly LOL https://www.instagram.com/p/jpnkSBGFXr/

1169774_238628292983186_453140650_n.jpg.912e71316b3e2b60e902dcebc8a4977a.jpg

here's a fun one for me, when I came across this picture, I thought to myself the reg block awfully familiar, but couldn't quite place it, so I just figured must be because its similar to the JPB-K block

6939378661_c5c2fa35b2_b.thumb.jpg.64373cc12beb32aaa7eb8c8cec406252.jpg

well I finally figured it out

the reason it was so familiar was because it was of the same block as the one in this picture I had come across a good while ago :)

59dcb4ca44863_InvalidecarriageJPH371K127431RAW.jpg.f85aac7c9fcb7a116219216eee7b2ee9.jpg