LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

so for those following my fighting the government thing

I just got off the phone with them, as I had sent my mandatory reconsideration notice in over 6 weeks ago and heard nothing back from them at all, apart from a text message saying "we got your fit note" even tho I never sent a fit note, the notice was sent via recorded delivery and I have proof of delivery etc

turns out according to the chap on the other end of the phone, if you send it via recorded delivery it actually has a higher chance of not making it to its intended department, kinda counter intuitive... also prime example of government being government for you LOL

so the guy sent me a special email for me to respond back to with the PDF of my mandatory reconsideration notice, so I did that and confirmed that he got it on his end, and that its fully intact

he said it will be processed now, and that I should hear back in a couple weeks time...

oh and on top of all of this I was on hold for over 40 minutes...

not much I can do atm other then wait once more, but im sick and tired of this crap...

(but at least they actually have it now! or so they say...)

in better news, for those following DW on social media will know he visited http://www.elmsleigh-invacar.co.uk

and those following this thread know theres what looks like a Model 70 behind the building

and that I had a feeling it was WPD607G because of its colour

well guess what :)

IMG_20190515_100606.thumb.jpg.abba073cf2b344e976c4bfb49b88bd25.jpg

indeed I was correct!, im hoping DW grabbed pictures of its chassis number so I  can properly ID which one it is :)

2 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

City Road petrol station. 

Cool :)

are you going to ask to have a drive in it now that she is back on the road? :mrgreen: (if not a bit poorly with carb issues, I also wonder how the pulleys/belt is doing but he has not mentioned anything about that)

3 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

in better news, for those following DW on social media will know he visited http://www.elmsleigh-invacar.co.uk

and those following this thread know theres what looks like a Model 70 behind the building

and that I had a feeling it was WPD607G because of its colour?

indeed I was correct!, im hoping DW grabbed pictures of its chassis number so I  can properly ID which one it is :)

Glad this got spotted, I wonder if that would be for sale too?

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Cool :)

are you going to ask to have a drive in it now that she is back on the road? :mrgreen: (if not a bit poorly with carb issues, I also wonder how the pulleys/belt is doing but he has not mentioned anything about that)

If I was offered the chance I would, but I'll leave that to him (or somebody else to mention to him). 

Wonder how it handles on the tram tracks about a hundred yards beyond the petrol station ?

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

and that I had a feeling it was WPD607G because of its colour?

Complete with bonus EPCO engine hoist photobomb.

Someone ought to contact Elmsleigh about their website; the spelling and grammar is awful.

10 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Impressions I got was it was not for sale. Maybe he would be more interested in getting it running again now there's growing interest - and actual road legality.

the ironic? thing is its more illegal currently on its ringed reg then it would be if they had just left it alone

at some point i think ill give them a call and see if I can help them get it back on its original registration :) 

I do wonder where the current Reg is from, going by the fact its a G plate, but AC (ELECTRIC) still, I want to say off a Model 67? although the Model 57 was made at the same time so could be off one of those too

Hello TWC!

many thanks to Dollywobbler for dropping by with TWC, it was very Awesome to see her in the fibreglass :) and we had a good chat about invacars (what did you expect!) and how TWC is running MUCH better and how DW finally sees how good the Model 70 actually is, comfortably cruising at 55Mph :)

image.thumb.png.5dbd129b7847ff1af01f91926dd65ad1.png

I think this is the first time something other then a Red van has been parked in front of the SD1 for over 20 years LOL, but also a good what year was the photo taken :)

and heres a Handle bar shot :) its actually surprisingly comfortable, I was sat in TWC for about 40 minutes without too many issue in the scheme of things

image.thumb.png.944157a438603c3710c71ae0c49b1138.png

Goodbye TWC!

once again many thanks to Dollywobbler for dropping by and making my Morning Awesome :)

^^^ That's bloody brilliant! Pleased you managed to see TWC, good of DW to make that happen.

Hope the ESA gets sorted out, what a mess ?

Pretty cool that you got offered 2 x Invacars + spares for what sounds like pretty reasonable money! Would they consider splitting the deal and selling them separately?

indeed it is :) it was very exciting, and at the point DW said he was 10 mins away, i was pretty much fixated looking out my window seeing if I could spot him arriving LOL

yeah hopefully things start going well on the ESA thing, once i was off hold for 40 minutes the actual phone call itself went fairly well in the scheme of things, so I hope thats a sign of good things to come!

indeed on the 2x Invacars, I want to call him again for more details but im just a bit worried about being a nuisance, maybe next week or so, im not sure if he will want to split, he is sorta looking to sell them because of age etc and I know in those sorta circumstances most people much prefer selling everything in 1 big bundle then trying to split things up separately

if anyone is interested in going half and half, and you are genuinely interested in Invacars and not just looking to flip one for quick profit, do hit me up :)

although ideally I would like to be able to by both and the spares outright  :mrgreen: im just hoping to hell I can get ESA at this point (especially as at that point id be able to tell the guy selling them, when I will have the money to afford it, because at this point i have no idea)

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

indeed on the 2x Invacars, I want to call him again for more details but im just a bit worried about being a nuisance, maybe next week or so, im not sure if he will want to split, he is sorta looking to sell them because of age etc and I know in those sorta circumstances most people much prefer selling everything in 1 big bundle then trying to split things up separately

if anyone is interested in going half and half, and you are genuinely interested in Invacars and not just looking to flip one for quick profit, do hit me up :)

If my financial situation improves before they sell then I'd certainly consider it!

12 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Awfully decent of Wobbler to come and pay you a visit. What a top bloke.

indeed im very thankful to DW for braving London to come visit me :)

1 minute ago, mrbenn said:

If my financial situation improves before they sell then I'd certainly consider it!

that would be cool :)

it is worth noting, that id want REV451R myself, which leaves the "spares" car, so if someone is going halves, take into consideration that you may need to do some recommissioning work, and some cosmetic repairs by the sound of things, and also theres no registration number, but as recently demonstrated thats pretty small fry in the scheme of things :) but the body work is all there etc If im understanding things correctly :)

oh and for those wondering REV451R is a normal handle bar control setup ,the unknown Model 70 is steering wheel+hand controls setup

12 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

that would be cool :)

it is worth noting, that id want REV451R myself, which leaves the "spares" car, so if someone is going halves, take into consideration that you may need to do some recommissioning work, and some cosmetic repairs by the sound of things, and also theres no registration number, but as recently demonstrated thats pretty small fry in the scheme of things :) but the body work is all there etc If im understanding things correctly :)

oh and for those wondering REV451R is a normal handle bar control setup ,the unknown Model 70 is steering wheel+hand controls setup

The lack of registration number wouldn't worry me, I know a man who can help sort that out ?

you know when TWC was visiting I realised how TWC and TPA sorta go together like a Jigsaw puzzle/compliment each other? (whatever the word is LOL)

TWC has Electronic ignition but mechanical fuel delivery

TPA has mechanical ignition but electronic fuel delivery

TWC has traditional 36W incandescent head lamps but clear indicator lenses

TPA has modern H4 55W halogen head lamps but orange indicator lenses

TWC is on original 12 inch wheels, but has non factory tyres 

TPA is on later 10 inch wheels but is on factory tyres

TWC is an Invacar

TPA is an AC 

:)

2 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Go see Crazy Baklav

438464758_putitinH.gif.fd104fbc582b67de625154ae5c272a71.gif

haha :) not the first time that scenes been referenced in this thread, but that was by me when I first found out about OYP595 :)

I wonder if they knew they put the MG's hood ornament on the car :)

Let's not also forget that the interior layout is near enough a mirror image between the pair too.

4 hours ago, Sealtainn said:

Damn you all to hell - now I want an Invacar emoji23.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, of course you do.  They're fascinating things, and I keep being surprised by how capable they actually are.

31 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Let's not also forget that the interior layout is near enough a mirror image between the pair too.

Yes, of course you do.  They're fascinating things, and I keep being surprised by how capable they actually are.

and the rear lights :)

just had this arrive from @NorfolkNWeigh thank you very much for sending it over :) iv just had a cursory glance at the invalid car section and its already very interesting, once im done reading it through ill be posting pictures up :) (also one for @captain_70s )

image.thumb.png.9e3324c20e1e173bb2ae53ad8cd36573.png

today has been a good day :)

so heres the invacar section from the magazine, I hope its all legible etc :) it was a very interesting read, I cant say I have seen a Model 70 with that type of steering wheel setup before, all the ones I have seen use a much larger steering wheel with ribs in it, also 4! pedals... (I do know of 1 other Model 70 with a similar style slide along addition to the main seat tho)

image.thumb.png.ee6b72d4e1f41fed408426b092920671.png

image.thumb.png.c772a5b29376240892df1d9bb72372ab.png

image.thumb.png.6ba8526af4c0795e3c4a8bdc48b2f094.png

image.thumb.png.b56b6c5ae74ac142493c0216dd41bbeb.png

image.thumb.png.7e0c13d5e30a1dde4596a7680165da0f.png

image.thumb.png.795568dba8cd55c6e7a512ffc890d13f.png

23 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

Interesting read, even if I am mildly disappointed there's no photograph of Lord Snowdon turning one over in 1973

yeah I have my own opinions on the whole thing, but I think those are best left for a rant to the next person who has the misfortune of ferrying me to the next shitters gathering or something :mrgreen:

whether or not they intended it this way, they managed to get almost all the major types of invalid cars in use at the time pictured :) , theres the Model 67 in the opening picture, theres the Mk12 and Model 70 of course, and then the shattered remains of a poor tippen delta, the only major type they missed was the Model 57 and its electric version the Model 64

(I do wonder if the editors or something thought that opening picture was of a Model 70, or if they knew it was of a villiers machine)

Found this picture in a book on microcars in Shirley library. IMG_20190515_111417.thumb.jpg.55253ac173830a1e776d08d2bb6e906c.jpg

I really should have got more info on the book but I was only killing a bit of time whilst Mrs Yoss was getting her eyes done.  And I had to try and take the picture surreptitiously as I wasn't sure if you're allowed to take pictures of library books. Though to be fair there was very little info about them, they just seemed to be mentioned in passing whilst talking about AC.  Even the caption seems to be wrong mentioning the Villiers 197cc engine with a pic of a Model 70

Just thought you'd like to see the picture in case it's one you don't have a picture of. 

Thanks for grabbing the picture, indeed its not one iv come across before, and its a new registration block to add to the list :)

(iv quickly bashed the DVLA checker and pulled up RPF325L which survived until 2002, so i was able to get its chassis number, when I come across a new registration block i like to at least find one examples chassis number out, so i can then extrapolate out from there, should a repeat of MPH759P happen with another Model 70)

I also sent an email earlier today to the chap with the 2 Model 70s, just asking for pictures etc he said he is very busy atm but will get back to me, so im looking forward to that :)