Jump to content

LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards :) practical driving test passed finally Woo! :D


LightBulbFun

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JJ0063 said:

Dump code is when it’s been 0 ABI’d on the quotes system because your vehicle won’t have an ABI code. It’s an automatic thing - ignore it - makes no difference to the validity of the insurance if your certificate reads correctly 👍

interesting, yeah the insurance Certificate is correct, I made sure of that the moment I could :)  I wonder why I have not seen this MID anomaly before on any other Model 70's/Invacars?

I wonder if because I think pretty much every other insured Model 70 out there is on some sort of Classic policy so I wonder if perhaps those are handled differently/manually entered into the MID?

(where as REV is just on a regular Policy, at least I get to build up some NCB LOL)

and Yeah I know what it shows up on the MID as is mostly cosmetic but its still going to bug me LOL so ill see if I can get it fixed, but im not going to fret about it either, but it would be nice to have it all correct LOL

(although I do raise an eye brow at the "modified cars" bit since she is not modified in any meaningful way!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

BTW when you say someone got their facts mixed up which are you referring to? as I dont see anything in the tweet thats out of place? just curious! 

I read it as the guy on Twitter thought it was Ian's car. Looking again, it highlights the fact I need to get more sleep before making judgements...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I read it as the guy on Twitter thought it was Ian's car. Looking again, it highlights the fact I need to get more sleep before making judgements...

Oh yes I see how you could of read that, but yeah its just DollyWobblers Twitter handle/tag is plural :) although technically to be fair to you I think there should be a , between "hubnutvids" and "invacar spotted" to avoid exactly such confusion

(but especially back then when twitter had a 140 character limit you really had to skimp on things LOL)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I read it as the guy on Twitter thought it was Ian's car. Looking again, it highlights the fact I need to get more sleep before making judgements...

If it helps, that's also how I read it - so it's not just you...

But yeah, on going back I can see that it's just Ian being tagged in the tweet. Doh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I cant say I have ever had one show as "DUMP CODE MODIFIED CARS" which is what REV is showing as LOL the dump code part almost sounds like its crashed part of the database or something LOL

2130066199_Screenshot2021-10-01at00_40_14.png.dcf5ab336f9447e6c52ea72a2d839e04.png

ill see what it shows up after I wake up when I go to sleep, just incase its the database still configuring itself or something

but if its not sorted itself out I think ill make a call to bike sure and see if I can get it sorted

which is always fun, as you have to really nail into them to them that when you say "Model 70" you dont mean Model: 70 you mean Model: Model 70 LOL, that "Model" is part of the Model name! LOL

(a lot of people dont realise this so you end up with Model 70's showing up as "AC 70" or "INVACAR 70" or just "70")

Further to 'Dump Code' - this was used a lot when I used to work in Halfords, and it was just a temporary generic code used whenever something wouldn't scan, or we couldn't find the proper code for an item, in order to get a sale finished and not keep customers hanging about.

We used to keep a dump code log by the till, jotting down whatever it was and what the price should have been - and then once a week I'd have to trawl through the dump code log, inputting the correct code once I'd found it on the stockfile, and cancelling off the dump codes one by one. This kept the stockfiles up to date. The store manager used to get irate if dump codes showed on the weekly figures.

Not sure if this is exactly how it works within the insurance industry, but I'd guess someone will soon have to go back in and link your policy against the correct vehicle code - which may mean having to create a brand new one, if this is the first time this insurer's had to deal with an Invacar on their books!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Harriytait said:

Picture from Facebook, sorry if it's already been posted 

IMG_20211001_174835.jpg

I had not actually gotten round to posting it but @keef had made me aware of them last night :) 

heres some higher res versions :) I appreciate the heads up tho!

Poor Mk12, it held up surprisingly well given how flimsy/lightweight they are (granted I dont know what speed they where doing!)! I wonder who was at fault...

243962329_1455175774866132_2761645602504928871_n.thumb.jpeg.79f8b6f59e68afabf064d739ab20ec00.jpeg

243890195_1455175764866133_3680489957121266099_n.thumb.jpeg.dd31cd0ef4c1e5a3aa2c11f21277f57b.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know Its said the Model 70 can run on anything, but I think soapy water might be pushing things a bit!

IMG_4964.thumb.jpeg.1274d31346a5154df0b0c2bc6cfbb1b4.jpeg

just under going leak testing I think! as Adam had to hammer up a side to get it to clear the bulkhead

IMG_4966.thumb.jpeg.aa923cfba2b192c732468e8dec727c8f.jpeg

but its all good and at long last REV now has a non-leaky fuel tank woo!

65489734539__84114C0A-C41E-457E-96DD-25076FD093D1.thumb.jpeg.891f9ddd5dafa7678721f9f0f72df7df.jpeg

65489981968__57379213-3D09-4DDD-BF01-8B9B1C88B66F.thumb.jpeg.69245505f208994339af50fe73f907d7.jpeg

and I have heard her running from it too :) (good to know she still runs after all this time! LOL) I understand REV has also already had an oil and oil filter change so thats good, apparently the old oil was quite manky! thankfully no shiny bits floating around! hopefully the strainer will be dropped and cleaned at some point soon and some more fresh oil put in etc to help just flush things out a little bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, LightBulbFun said:

I had not actually gotten round to posting it but @keef had made me aware of them last night :) 

heres some higher res versions :) I appreciate the heads up tho!

Poor Mk12, it held up surprisingly well given how flimsy/lightweight they are (granted I dont know what speed they where doing!)! I wonder who was at fault...

243962329_1455175774866132_2761645602504928871_n.thumb.jpeg.79f8b6f59e68afabf064d739ab20ec00.jpeg

243890195_1455175764866133_3680489957121266099_n.thumb.jpeg.dd31cd0ef4c1e5a3aa2c11f21277f57b.jpeg

How do you manage to get your pictures more hi-res 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I know Its said the Model 70 can run on anything, but I think soapy water might be pushing things a bit!

IMG_4964.thumb.jpeg.1274d31346a5154df0b0c2bc6cfbb1b4.jpeg

just under going leak testing I think! as Adam had to hammer up a side to get it to clear the bulkhead

IMG_4966.thumb.jpeg.aa923cfba2b192c732468e8dec727c8f.jpeg

but its all good and at long last REV now has a non-leaky fuel tank woo!

65489734539__84114C0A-C41E-457E-96DD-25076FD093D1.thumb.jpeg.891f9ddd5dafa7678721f9f0f72df7df.jpeg

65489981968__57379213-3D09-4DDD-BF01-8B9B1C88B66F.thumb.jpeg.69245505f208994339af50fe73f907d7.jpeg

and I have heard her running from it too :) (good to know she still runs after all this time! LOL) I understand REV has also already had an oil and oil filter change so thats good, apparently the old oil was quite manky! thankfully no shiny bits floating around! hopefully the strainer will be dropped and cleaned at some point soon and some more fresh oil put in etc to help just flush things out a little bit

and a bonus video and photo for good measure :)

 

IMG_4973.thumb.jpeg.9964064a7a5c4684a19d664a88690a97.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

work on REV is still progressing I have been informed that she has working brakes now :) although the hand brake still needs to made operational 

 

I also came across some more Model 70 pictures on my continuing research/sleuthing first up is this recent one spotted at a recent 30th anniversary Disability event 

the curious thing is I dont immediately recognise which it is! but its got a distinctive crack on the front bumper so that should give me something to go by at least but so far it does not match up with any known survivors!

I can tell from the pictures at least that its Pre Rollover bar Model 70 Mark B (note the metal box heater controls, the Rollover bar Model 70's gained plastic moulded heater controls)

884745960_walton-hall-and-gardens-warrington-cheshire-uk-12th-sep-2021-uk-disability-awareness-day-3-three-wheeler-disability-vehicle-credit-john-hopki(1).thumb.jpg.66fc2683606f5fcc01ee32786a6f4ac3.jpg

walton-hall-and-gardens-warrington-cheshire-uk-12th-sep-2021-uk-disability-awareness-day-30th-annive-hree-wheeler-disability-vehicle-credit-john-hopkinsal.thumb.jpg.9d8cc21cbe5c1908036f6f15ed8d8b51.jpg

I have asked Simon if he recognises it since I know he is quite involved in disability charities so perhaps it might belong to one of his pals so to speak :)

and finally also came across this period Model 70 shot which made me double take as there is a building/setting around here that apart from the background houses looks identical to this, Im wondering if I could recreate the shot when REV gets here :) 

t4ghfzlnie62orfhvb50v0qqidkm.thumb.jpeg.33716cf791931c1ca138064a8abf7dfb.jpeg

also notable as the Model 70 is an Invacar XEV73S XEV74S or XEV77S I cant quite make out the last digit, but I know the photo was taken in 1995 and those are the only ones of the XEV7xS range that made it passed 1995, and the XEV49S-XEV116S was the very last block of English Invacar Model 70's so its cool to see another picture of one, again note the door mounted wing mirrors, still trying to get to the bottom of where those a late production change or something retrofitted later on in service

also another nice Tippen Delta street scene, again like the Mk12 shot, all Pedestrians and no other vehicles apart from Delta 8!

 

24350091_s-l1600-15copy.thumb.jpg.9d8376e76a09ee1c4310d53dfb0df4f9.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I also came across some more Model 70 pictures on my continuing research/sleuthing first up is this recent one spotted at a recent 30th anniversary Disability event 

the curious thing is I dont immediately recognise which it is! but its got a distinctive crack on the front bumper so that should give me something to go by at least but so far it does not match up with any known survivors!

I can tell from the pictures at least that its Pre Rollover bar Model 70 Mark B (note the metal box heater controls, the Rollover bar Model 70's gained plastic moulded heater controls)

884745960_walton-hall-and-gardens-warrington-cheshire-uk-12th-sep-2021-uk-disability-awareness-day-3-three-wheeler-disability-vehicle-credit-john-hopki(1).thumb.jpg.66fc2683606f5fcc01ee32786a6f4ac3.jpg

walton-hall-and-gardens-warrington-cheshire-uk-12th-sep-2021-uk-disability-awareness-day-30th-annive-hree-wheeler-disability-vehicle-credit-john-hopkinsal.thumb.jpg.9d8cc21cbe5c1908036f6f15ed8d8b51.jpg

after some careful studdying of the pictures with @Mrs6C during tonights Zoom call (After most people had left dont worry!) im pretty sure actually this one is SPE351R the one the Warrington charrity bought a while back :) 

they clearly spruced it up and took care of the major bodywork damage but they left some tail tail cracks/marks/signs behind like the crack on the bumper on the left side and on the right hand side of the AC badge, and I can just make out a Rollover bar in the pictures

clearly at some point in its life it got fitted with earlier heater controls (I have to wonder if its plastic one got broken after someone tripped over it or clouted it getting in, I have accidentally done that a couple times in REV!)

 

On 23/02/2019 at 12:15, LightBulbFun said:
SPE351R, AC, Date of first registration 14 July 1977, Current status: reportedly sold to a Warrington disability charity, Untaxed since 6 May 2003, no MOT, Date of last V5C (logbook) issued  5 June 2002, Last taxed in Ministry service 6th of may 2003
 
200803348_s-l1600(14)copy4.thumb.jpg.1cb8ec58314881f7e448cb20dd61753c.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.8cbff3ef9aeb3869ac2e225d47985a34.png

Ooh that looks like the Bubble car museum I wonder if I can spot KPK71P lurking in the background

*1 second in* :) 

739223353_Screenshot2021-10-11at23_10_30.thumb.png.fdce32f17bd73e4ce28c718efcee2bbb.png

 

 

for those curious about REV, adam has been very busy with work, but things are progressing, the handbrake cables REV needed have been fished out of the parts stashed and mailed over where they have arrived today so should be fitted before not too long giving REV a working handbrake once more :)

and replacement H4 head lamps (complete with backing bowls and H4 sockets too) were won on ebay as well a few days ago so hopefully those will arrive soon as well :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just in case you had not seen this one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3097752890480067/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A22f78eb7-2de8-48c9-90d6-635236aa1838

Just because I am posting about Invacars does not mean I have changed my mind about them, I just acknowledge some people do like them!

 

MK12 FB 12-10-21 d.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Just in case you had nor seen this one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3097752890480067/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A22f78eb7-2de8-48c9-90d6-635236aa1838

Just because I am posting about Invacars does not mean I have changed my mind about them, I just acknowledge some people do like them!

 

MK12 FB 12-10-21 d.jpg

Ooh thanks for the heads up on that :)

glad to see thats up for sale rather then scrapped or such! (given what the poor chap paid for it in the first place im not surprised he trying to sell it first trying to recoup some of his expenditure!) 

 its its one of the many Invacar Mk12's found at Trysull its, Mk12E number 2 from that site to be exact :) 

it was first put up for sale by Scott Milnes who advertised it as being able to being registrable by the ICR, so the guy duly contacted me, where I had to sadly explain to both Scott and the chap who just bought it, that because the car has no known chassis number I sadly could not help

(but did inform him to hang onto it as I was/still am hoping to find a Chassis stamped number on a Mk12, and was looking into ways of registering chassis numberless cars under an Age related number at least) 

so he was understandably upset about that, so im not surprised to see its up for sale now

so yeah Buyer be aware it has no Chassis plate/known chassis number! (but if you do find a chassis number on it then I will be able to ID it for you and get brought back to life on the DVLA once more)

 

if nothing else might yield many useful parts for @Harriytait however :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Ooh thanks for the heads up on that :)

glad to see thats up for sale rather then scrapped or such! (given what the poor chap paid for it in the first place im not surprised he trying to sell it first trying to recoup some of his expenditure!) 

 its its one of the many Invacar Mk12's found at Trysull its, Mk12E number 2 from that site to be exact :) 

it was first put up for sale by Scott Milnes who advertised it as being able to being registrable by the ICR, so the guy duly contacted me, where I had to sadly explain to both Scott and the chap who just bought it, that because the car has no known chassis number I sadly could not help

(but did inform him to hang onto it as I was/still am hoping to find a Chassis stamped number on a Mk12, and was looking into ways of registering chassis numberless cars under an Age related number at least) 

so he was understandably upset about that, so im not surprised to see its up for sale now

so yeah Buyer be aware it has no Chassis plate/known chassis number! (but if you do find a chassis number on it then I will be able to ID it for you and get brought back to life on the DVLA once more)

 

if nothing else might yield many useful parts for @Harriytait however :) 

I've messaged the seller and he's asking for about £600, unfortunately I don't have the space for another car but if anyone wanted to buy it to break it 'a sad thought but quite a few MK12 owners are in desperate need of parts' I'm sure you'd make quite a bit of money from it. Just a thought 😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

ooh nice not one I have seen before :) wonder how it flew under the radar as I have well and truly turned flicker upside down for Invacar pictures LOL

https://flic.kr/p/24fMWxv its an AC Acedes Model 57 for those curious

40205157315_31c145080f_h.thumb.jpeg.10b6d15affe1b5df83df95442b40ca99.jpeg

 

 

 

in REV news I have been informed the new hand brake cables have been fitted and her handbrake is now working lovely, applying and releasing without issue :) (Adam has still been very busy with work but his friend has been chipping away at things in the meantime)

and along with obviously new head lamps, she is also getting a set of new (Britax) Rear lights as although the lenses where fine, apparently the backings where past their best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I see due to the heavy weight of the Invacar a brake tender had to be added to supplement the locomotive brakes.

Lovely picture.

z brake tender crop.jpeg

Aah no what happened was the locomotive engine wasn't powerful enough so they had to use the Invacars engine to get the train moving 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

    • By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

      I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

      So...we've got:

      1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

      Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

      Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.


      Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

       






      Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...









      Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.







      Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

      Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...



      Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

      Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.



      Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

      I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...
×
×
  • Create New...