LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

6 minutes ago, AdgeCutler said:

I'm intrigued, did I miss something?

Just that someone has a Stationary engine with their name on it at Red5 so they jokingly asked if I could bring it back down and then to them in REV  :) 

so for giggles I actually looked at what the logistics of that would entail, (would it fit in REV etc) but sadly IIRC it weighs 200Kg or there abouts and as above a Model 70 is only rated for a payload of 190Kg!

so I joked that, Im afraid I cant help as knowing my luck id be the first person to be pulled by VOSA for overloading an Invacar! LOL :) 

(I also think its a little bit large to fit in an Model 70, you might be able to physically get it in there, but then you wont have any room for the Driver!)

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Indeed hopefully if things can go smoothly then that mean things can also go relatively quickly!, as I would of course like to have her back as quickly as possible of course :) (so hopefully she does not put up too much of a fight when Red5 starts work)

and speaking of quickly I have been informed that REV has already arrived at Red5! which was a very pleasent surprise I was expecting it to take much longer! :) (it normally takes at least an entire day just to get out of London LOL)

IMG_1273.thumb.jpeg.8799f36416ce10e8820ec0167425a558.jpeg

looks like she is a hit with the students! :) 

I reckon one is running a book on how many component parts REV contains and the bast course of action to strip it down!

16 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Just that someone has a Stationary engine with their name on it at Red5 so they jokingly asked if I could bring it back down and then to them in REV  :) 

so for giggles I actually looked at what the logistics of that would entail, (would it fit in REV etc) but sadly IIRC it weighs 200Kg or there abouts and as above a Model 70 is only rated for a payload of 190Kg!

so I joked that, Im afraid I cant help as knowing my luck id be the first person to be pulled by VOSA for overloading an Invacar! LOL :) 

(I also think its a little bit large to fit in an Model 70, you might be able to physically get it in there, but then you wont have any room for the Driver!)

Any info on the stationary engine? Just out of interest, them being my usual fare.

24 minutes ago, red5 said:

BIt rolls now. Rear brakes correctly adjusted. 

16437427696571944115292560405051.thumb.jpg.4affb75ae6d1913f007d320a54347dfd.jpg

ooh nice to see her indoors! :) Yeah that should make her a bit easier to move about!

but just dont lean on the handle bars otherwise the brakes will size up again! 

I did try and adjust them, but while backing off the adjuster free'ed them off they would just bind up again next application of the hydraulic brake, so I pressume the pistons in the slave cylinders are binding or or perhaps the shoes are binding against the backplate? (or both?!)

im sure you can have a much better look at things then I can :) 

(unless by correctly adjusted, you mean to say you have already solved this issue? I do apologise im not all that good with the terminology at times!)

1 hour ago, red5 said:

BIt rolls now. Rear brakes correctly adjusted. 

16437427696571944115292560405051.thumb.jpg.4affb75ae6d1913f007d320a54347dfd.jpg

Petter weighs about the same as far as I can tell.

16437432079923428122868920384903.thumb.jpg.03dfb625f845a6cb007fcc712f952a8b.jpg

The plan is to fit the engine in the front of Mrs6Cs to give it 3 rear drive.

Just like a drag car with the  super charger through the bonnet.

P1330212 crop CCC broad.jpg

8 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

and thats REV with @worldofceri on her way to @red5 to hopefully have her remaining issues sorted :)

I hope you checked how much fuel was in it when it left.

red5 will be smoking round in this showing off to tha chix and most probably minicabbing it to blind drunks. He's a bit of a bastard like that.

15 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Happy days 

Glad to see it off to be properly fixed, now let @red5work his magic and don’t pester him all hours of the day.. just trust the process and be grateful for whatever can be done to REV 👍

red5's only fixing it so he can go dogging without being recognised.

in continued Harding invalid carriage news (its like buses with these earlier invalid carriages! given the amount that have been for sale recently)

I have been contacted by the owner of this carriage informing me that he wishes to sell it

image.thumb.png.df24c9294e8c7fec708d8507628572ec.png

so figured id make that fact known on here so It can hopefully find a good home! :)  I have been sent a video of it running,

image.thumb.png.c22e0f69cce14ef55725a774f60ec745.png

the chap wants £1500 for it, although I do wonder if that will change depending on how much LFB209 sells for!

image.thumb.png.d185801875e5b7a96273d67285c7c414.png

I have informed Simon about it too and he seems interested so thats good sign :) 

image.thumb.png.1020f61c57c26b31e4d79152d5dbe1e5.png

although personally im hoping all these hardings will finally cause @Zelandeth to breakdown and make a purchase of some kind :mrgreen:

image.thumb.png.6f7ed0e8afa26ff4ca074306cef19a67.png

on the record keeping side of things its interesting to see as I have known of RV378 for a little while now, but have not had much in the way of details on it! hoping to still dig up some more now :) 

I do wonder as RV378 is a 1931 registration mark and im not 100% if this is a 1930's Harding!, but I know Harding made the same carriages for decades, much like how the Carter G and Nelco Solocar where produced from the 1930s to the 1960s, it is not DVLA live, which TBH is a probably a good thing in this case! stops someone bumming it for its plate! 

RV is a Portsmouth plate of which I THINK the County council records do still exist, so if it is indeed the plate for this Harding, it will be no trouble to V55/5 and V765 it :) 

27 minutes ago, Harriytait said:

My first drive in VJN, a little work is still required but she running and driving now. :)

My brother was filming so please excuse his breathing lol

https://youtu.be/OIrNcoCqPg0

awesome! very awesome to see you managed to get her running and driving and was able to take her for a small spin :) 

hopefully not long now till your running about the local town with her :) 

as a side note its always interesting how almost single Model 70 I have heard running has sounded different from each other, the overall tones are the same of course, but each one just sounds that little bit different which I find interesting :) 

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

in continued Harding invalid carriage news (its like buses with these earlier invalid carriages! given the amount that have been for sale recently)

I have been contacted by the owner of this carriage informing me that he wishes to sell it

image.thumb.png.df24c9294e8c7fec708d8507628572ec.png

so figured id make that fact known on here so It can hopefully find a good home! :)  I have been sent a video of it running,

image.thumb.png.c22e0f69cce14ef55725a774f60ec745.png

the chap wants £1500 for it, although I do wonder if that will change depending on how much LFB209 sells for!

image.thumb.png.d185801875e5b7a96273d67285c7c414.png

I have informed Simon about it too and he seems interested so thats good sign :) 

image.thumb.png.1020f61c57c26b31e4d79152d5dbe1e5.png

although personally im hoping all these hardings will finally cause @Zelandeth to breakdown and make a purchase of some kind :mrgreen:

image.thumb.png.6f7ed0e8afa26ff4ca074306cef19a67.png

on the record keeping side of things its interesting to see as I have known of RV378 for a little while now, but have not had much in the way of details on it! hoping to still dig up some more now :) 

I do wonder as RV378 is a 1931 registration mark and im not 100% if this is a 1930's Harding!, but I know Harding made the same carriages for decades, much like how the Carter G and Nelco Solocar where produced from the 1930s to the 1960s, it is not DVLA live, which TBH is a probably a good thing in this case! stops someone bumming it for its plate! 

RV is a Portsmouth plate of which I THINK the County council records do still exist, so if it is indeed the plate for this Harding, it will be no trouble to V55/5 and V765 it :) 

Are those BMX tyres on that?  :-?

26 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Are those BMX tyres on that?  :-?

they look like these to me :) https://www.vintagetyres.com/shop/tyres/fortune-white-wall-universal-250-15

but speaking of it, I spoke with stuart about it because as above, it just looked far newer than1931,  and indeed as I thought its much later then the Reg plate suggests would lead you to believe 

its a Harding Model V, which was Hardings base model so to speak Introduced in 1949 and it was the cheapest powered Invalid carriage you could get at the time, for your money you got an 98cc Excelsior Spryte engine a single speed gearbox and a top speed of 25Mph! (is that enough to get you flashed in a 20 zone?)

we think that possibly at some point the first digit of the reg number went missing and at some point someone didn't notice then when re-doing the plates (which are clearly hand painted)

if it is indeed xRV378 then thankfully as above the Portsmouth reg archives are intact still so it would not be too hard to track down what its full registration is :) 

but I also do wonder if perhaps "RV378" is not a reg number at all but a fleet number perhaps it was bought as a site runabout for a disabled employee on some large site somewhere like an airport :)