LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

1 hour ago, Mr Pastry said:

Just a small update and thoughts.Ā 

I have now tried making the studs in EN16T which I believe to be the "best" material.Ā  It is as tough as old boots, and as expected, is an absolute xxxx to thread manually.Ā  Ā My gut feeling is that it is stronger than it needs to be for a light vehicle.Ā  I think it is worth looking at a softer material which would be easier to work with, but strong enough,Ā subject to testing.Ā  Ā It would be interesting to know what theĀ original material was and if the AC drawings ever turn up,Ā we might find out.

@ZelandethWould you like a sample now to trial fit, or would you prefer to wait until you have a spare hub available?

@LightBulbFunRe. making some for stock, this would tie up a lot of your money as they would not sell quickly, and as already indicated they are not going to be cheap.Ā  Ā A lot of enthusiasts would be sniffy about paying a fiver each, ask me how I know.

Typically, what happens is you identify a part which everybody "wants," get a batch made, announce that you have done it, and everybody goes - "Oh - those are back in stock now - jolly good - that will be handy if I ever need one -" and that is as far as you get.Ā  Nobody puts their hand in their pocket to support you.

Your best policy with things like this is to get them made to order as required, which I might be prepared to do if we can get the design right.Ā  AndĀ I will gladly do you a fair copy of the drawing so that you can investigate other suppliers.Ā  Ā They may respond differently to a drawing than a sample,Ā Ā 

Thank you all for your positive reactions and comments.Ā  I think there are many other machinists on the forum who could do it better than I can.Ā  For some strange reason they are all keeping their heads down!Ā 

Ā 

Oh when I mean for the spares stash, I mean that when I got my Car it came with a large parts stash that I use to keep the mine, andĀ  the forum cars going (or attempt to!) and I was just thinking of getting a few made to chuck in there

should any (more) studs snap on our collective Model 70's thats all :)Ā im not thinkingĀ about the public here, im just thinking towards the future on here, so, if say your making 8 for Zel I am happy to pay for another 8 on top of thatĀ 

but obviously if its too much faff or such then thats perfectly understandable! I can understand how you might run out of enthusiasm for doing moreĀ after doing just a few given how effort is involved!

and I think the spare hub @AdgeCutlerĀ has offered up has a couple good studs at least so they can be pinched from that if needed! and as you say we have the drawing you made now which can be handed to to other fabricationĀ firms/people in the future if needed :)

anyways before I get too far ahead of myself, lets see how the test samples fit for Zel :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

full Model 70 technical drawings/blueprints do thankfully survive and I know exactly who has them but knowing who has themĀ very frustratingly meansĀ I dont think we will see anything any time soon because of who has them!, I am just hoping at some point I can visit in person borrow them and take them to Zel to be digitised!

the wheel studs are TSD 5446 drawn/made byĀ by AC CarsĀ Ltd on the 30th of the 12th 1975 (date Ā is quite interesting in itself because it tells me they revised the wheel studs at thatĀ point during the Model 70Ā production run and retroactively applied to to all cars, I wonder what changed!)

Ā 

as a side note one interesting thing I have noticed is, all 12 wheel studs on a Model 70 are the same, but it seems to be always the rear ones that are snapped, I dont think I have seen a front one snapped one, so I wonder why that is?

it it simply easier to over-tighten the rear wheels since theres no front bodywork in the way or is it something else?

Ā 

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

You are This Old Tony AICMFP

I was thinking "you are @AdgeCutlerĀ AICMFP" given the level of Invacar parts fabrication that just happened :mrgreen:

Looks like the Hammond Collection Catalog is up! @eggĀ @barrettĀ @Zelandeth

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/e52841f4a9b47c27c356c4c77c9ebfef/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/the-hammond-microcar-museum-kent-auction-online-only--vi/?iFrameView=1&currentPage=1&maxResults=120

looks like they have separated and itemised everything pretty well, so the Steyr puch engine is available on its own, along with a Model 70 Gearbox and a Dynastart unit or 3, but of course they still missed the Model 70 exhaust hanging from the roof! LOL

someone who I consider to be a good home for these things has expressed interest in the AC Acedes so I am quite pleased about that :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

also for @barrettĀ any clue as to what the hell this might be? :)Ā (the eBay listing makes claims, but its clear from their facebook post that they have no clue themselves!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255729885747

https://www.facebook.com/dentdevilseastsussex/posts/pfbid02Ts7u91hiQXXnW8uGBAgc1yH43sVLYKLLGoCN1GqGE4qzH5nvJkAKkrtC14Xf9Upkl

s-l1600-23.thumb.jpg.73da51cd9c2a58d4a08a1b6610d42568.jpg

s-l1600-22.thumb.jpg.fafb69df738dc5aa5ca0ffa482399a5c.jpg

999BPF puts it at around August 1956 if that registration mark has any actual bearing to the machine!

Ā 

Ā 

also speaking of mystery invalid three wheelers! one for @MorrisItalSLXĀ any idea as to what these might be? :)Ā 

https://www.superstock.com/asset/chair-cripple-crippled-pensioner-buy-motorised-wheelchair-given-sunday-sun/5513-17626911

5513-17626911.thumb.jpg.1780d5c3b0428f64a963121a21ad9956.jpg

its a really strange contraption, its giving me French/European vibes but thats just vibes, I have never seen a Motorised machine with a hand propulsion crank like that, its like its one half of the mechanism from aĀ Harding Rideinease!Ā 

Ā 

theres also a couple here as wellĀ https://www.superstock.com/asset/wheelchairs-hospitals-february/5513-17626908

5513-17626908.thumb.jpg.963c62faa13a4765a579d80f2e79b2d3.jpg

its also quite interesting in general to see Invalid carriages like this in Australia, I know New Zealand had a few, but I had never seen much like this in Oz so its very cool to see that they did indeed exist over there and that they where even road registered!

Ā 

also bonus really old school Invalid vehicles and buses shot :)Ā 

https://www.superstock.com/asset/miles-invalid-chair-years-old-william-curran-ipswhich-who-despite/5513-16347931

5513-16347931.thumb.jpg.79af34df4fc960591a4e366346e0d096.jpg

Ā 

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Thanks for head's up. Exhaust part of lot 95?

so it is! quite a large stash of Model 70 bits in-fact! somehow I completely missed that! although I do wonder if thats is the roof exhaust or just another one they happen to have, they have a complete 2nd engine and far more Invacar parts then I realised

(stuart told me a while back that they sold off all their Model 70 bits a long time ago, I guess few managed to hang around!)

Ā 

is anyone going for it? I dont have the physical means to grab the lot, but I am more than happy to throw money at a combined effort!

for example if @ZelandethĀ is indeed planning on bidding on one of the Steyr puch engines? I am happy to throw some money his way so he can secure the rest of the Model 70 bits for the Parts stash(TM)Ā 

(for example that Fuel tank, looks just the ticket for @Mrs6C's Model 70 :)Ā and the gearbox could be good for @dollywobblerĀ )Ā Ā 

I'll need to take a look at the catalogue to confirm what I'd be after, but that engine definitely would be of interest for spares.Ā  I'm certainly happy to assist in collecting stuff within the confines of what can fit in the back of a VW Caddy!

Ā 

Regarding the studs, I'm certainly happy to test one out, I'll literally just be unscrewing a bolt, screwing the stud in and putting the correct wheel nut back on, so there's no huge operation involved.

Happy to send you the remains of that mangled one to see if you can figure out what it's made of - though if it's already tougher than the wheel nuts that's already better than the originals I reckon.

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

also for @barrettĀ any clue as to what the hell this might be? :)Ā (the eBay listing makes claims, but its clear from their facebook post that they have no clue themselves!)

https://www.facebook.com/dentdevilseastsussex/posts/pfbid02Ts7u91hiQXXnW8uGBAgc1yH43sVLYKLLGoCN1GqGE4qzH5nvJkAKkrtC14Xf9Upkl

Ebay listing has ended, but if it's still available am happy to go and have a look at it next week for anyone interested. You'd have to let me know what you want to find out though.

53 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Whatā€™s the latest on yours @LightBulbFun? I canā€™t keep up with this threadĀ 

Good Question I wish I knew myself LOL

im not sure how far behind you are, but things are still as they where in this postĀ 

On 08/09/2022 at 18:59, LightBulbFun said:

I dont really know what the general status of things is currently sadly!

Ā 

Ā theres a few good things I know Red5 hasĀ sorted :), but theresĀ  lso a fair amount things I know she could do with doing and have asked about, or Red5 said would be done, but which I have yet to get any confirmation if they had been done, or where still waiting in the queue, orĀ  in need of something or another, which has above left me quite in the dark

but I know also Red5 has had to deal with a few things on his own end, so thats obviously taken priority and pushed REV back,Ā 

Ā 

I will admit IĀ am starting to get a bit fidgetyĀ as her everything expires on the 1st of October soĀ I really do need to know if she will be staying a few more months at universityĀ and thus I should declare her SORN (and save on the insurance/parking permits in the time being), or if she will be ready soon and thus renew everything as required (or such if Red5 still needs me to keep her Taxed and insured) and im still waiting to hear back on thatĀ 

but again due to the fact I know Red5 has been busy with other things im not sure he knows himself sadly

Ā 

but as you say @red5Ā has still done a fair bit! so hopefully theres not too much more to go :)Ā 

I know he was able to get the brakes working good, which is the primary reason she went up there (although im still waiting to hear what state the actual hardware is in, being single circuit brakes I want to make sure nothing is about to burst on me!)

and he has been sorting the whole carburettor woes which I know have been a major PITA for him!Ā 

and he got the mechanical fuel pump working :)Ā which you can read about hereĀ https://autoshite.com/topic/48690-fun-in-the-bath/

and last I heard he has been sorting out the choke and throttle cable, so things are happening :)Ā 

Ā 

(and there where a few other things he mentioned he would be doing, but as above I dont know what the status is on those)

Ā 

so yeah thats why theres not been any posts on REV as I have not had much to report and I so I have just been keeping quietĀ and trusting in Red5 :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

so sadly I still have no real progress update from the last on August the 3rd when I was informed the throttle and choke cables where being fettled

after that post was made, @red5Ā PM'ed to inform me that on the 14th a whole day would be dedicated to her and that id get a decent update then,Ā but I have not heard anything since sadly, so I dont know if she got her day or not!

I know Red5 has not had much luck this year so maybe all that is still wrecking havoc on his end

Ā 

thankfully at least my insurance renewal came out to be much cheaper this year then I was expecting :)Ā so I have just gone ahead and renewed everything, even tho I dont know whats happening at all!Ā  I figured it was cheap enough now thats its not worth the hassleĀ of not just renewing it when and as needed if that makes sense!Ā 

Ā 

so my 10000th post on here! to celebrate this! I have been holding a couple very special new survivors that cropped up recently,Ā for this occasion :)Ā 

this first up is this Invacar Mk12E, Which Simon of the ICR got earlier this year! and a nice intact Invacar Mk12 like this is itselfĀ a very nice find!

Ā 271279023_358546838934747_8486507996323779612_n.thumb.jpg.ec50b379266dadd9db5293775b544d0a.jpg

but what makes this special is not only does not have foot pedals! which is highly unusual for an Invacar Mk12E! (always knew it was an option but never see a vehicle such equipped until this one) it has a fixed tiller bar with foot operated clutch and brakeĀ 

271546348_447928880204574_6061714060020439036_n.png.4052326096714674cc18c3e057620710.png

and not only the fact is it GVW575H which is one I had been chasing up for a long time, but it turns out its a private example! and really quite excitingly it came with its original buff logbook which was very interesting to study! its the first Invacar Mk12 buff Logbook I have ever seen!

it was first registered to Invacar Ltd for 2 monthsĀ before being registered to a Women all the way up in Aberdeenshire! (presumably this is the person who purchased it) it has a an unladen weight listed as 6Cwt which lines up with the 305Kg you will see listed on a Mk12E'sĀ V5 :)Ā 

but yeah its really awesome to see that another private Mk12 has been found and saved and to finally find out that yes indeed GVW575H does actually exist! (I had no idea it was a private car, just one I had heard rumblings about but nothing concrete)

I sadly dont know its full story but at some point it was bought as a pair by someone, one (Unknown type but not the trailer I have now!) was turned into a trailer and this one GVW575H was just stashed away until it was finally sold to Simon!

the really curious thing is this Mk12E, GVW575H has only done about 165 miles!Ā  I really do wonder what happened as to such that someone would spend good money buying themselves an Invacar and only to 165 miles in it!

image.png.c362938263c1e1f24caa99f44c0f7fe7.png

sadly I dont have any better pictures of it! but hopefully in time ill get some! in that I very much want to visit Simons collection (and Simon very much wants me to visit as well) so the plan is when REV is back on the road and reliable, to run up to his place and have a good look at his collection and grab a whole bunch of pictures,

the next Car and this is where it gets really exciting!Ā 

is this one!

291966399_487557749875786_1830398173982380433_n.thumb.jpg.d92e7634dd42119bd856aec9d7dc0aa2.jpg

you might think it looks familiar indeed it is the Mystery Model 70 from a good few years ago!

On 01/07/2019 at 15:03, LightBulbFun said:

heres one in the US somewhere, sadly not sure which one this is, or where/who owns it exactlyĀ https://www.instagram.com/p/BXtzKt4l3ye/

Ā 

20766321_1806543939359873_5019522502104186880_n.thumb.jpg.34937497067e1d41f0efb2163019fc8a.jpg

I have been wondering about this one for a long time since I first found it, no one had a clue as to which it was, not even one Stuart recognised or anything!

and I finally tracked down who it ended up with! and indeed it something quite special!

turns out thatĀ REV is not alone! there is indeed another private Invacar Model 70 out there! this is Private Car number 7 it turns out! :)Ā 

its really exciting to see! as until now, It was generally thought REV was the only private Invacar Model 70 known to still survive (JHJ548N was taxed until 2008 and had a keeper change in 09 so I really hope that one is still out there somewhere, but I have never been able to verify it sadly)

so its really awesome to see there is another out there!, the story behind it is interesting! im still getting the info and putting the puzzle together butĀ apparently it was bought by a lady in England who took it with her when she moved to the States in the late 1970's! im told theres US documents for it going back to at least 1979!

I did initially wonder if it had been sold to someone new in the US as before the current owner, it was bought by a dad for his disabled son to use, but turns out they where just the next owners after the British ladyĀ traded into a Chevy dealership who then donated to an Injured Motorcross youth, who then sold to a friend of the owners where its just been purchased from :)Ā this does mean it would have a english registration mark if it was indeed owned by someone in the UK for a couple years before going to the US with them

but curiously enough none of the Invacar Model 70 blocks from the time this vehicle is from show any holes indicating a private car! so thats very interesting (there is a chance it could of been registered outside of Essex, but that in itself is very rare of the handful Private Invacar Model 70's I can find on the DVLA only 1 is non Essex registered, LRL389P the rest where just registered inside of Ministry blocks) being from 1975, I do know that if it was registered in the UK it would of been directly onto the DVLA computer thus a record of it will still exist somewhere in the DVLA today

but sadly due to the DVLA's historic archiving of anything inactive pre 1983, means theres no way for me to pull any data on it at home (not helped by the fact private cars tend to be a bit random in how their chassis numbers where recorded)Ā 

so sadly I dont know its UK registration mark or if it had one! (I say if it had one because I do also wonder if it was ordered/bought by the UK owner as she moved to the US and thus was never registered over here, but again as above still putting the puzzle together!)

Ā 

heres a few more pictures! its interesting to see the mods and make and do mend things its picked up after spending 40 years in the US! like the awful rear lights LOL

289075721_634050454752941_5787614242948895745_n.thumb.jpg.787687c8015139fc4a53af278f10fabe.jpg

and most bizarrely for some reason at some point the hydraulics for the front brake had been disconnected and replaced with a cable operated by its own lever on the handle bars!Ā 

305991263_10159953354632726_766684195337408903_n.thumb.jpg.29d99a1372ddff05aaf36304e3b9ac5e.jpg

it also seems like someone in the past traveled to the future and pinched @Zelandeth's idea and fitted a blower motor :)Ā 

305809891_10159953354792726_2102327047168590816_n.thumb.jpg.76f0643add2e809855d49dc3201d662c.jpg

Ā 

all in all its a very fascinating and awesome find! so to speak! really awesome to not only find out about a long standing Mystery car but to also find that another private Invacar Model 70 survives out there!Ā and thankfully the owner seems to be very in tune with Invacars and despite normally being someone who is very deep into the car customisation scene (see the woody beetle estate next to it!)

he plans to just treat it to a nice restoration this winter while trying to keep everything as original as possible which I am very pleased to hear, he clearly understands the significance and rarity of what he has :)Ā 

he also confirmed for me that it was indeed the car being talked about here which I had been wondering about itself for many years!

https://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3791.0

did some really field find a Model 70 as far away as the USA? indeed they did! Invacars they really do show up everywhere!Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Mr Pastry said:

If you can PM me an address, I will put one in the post - might even be able to spare two.Ā  Ā There is not likely to be any troubleĀ with the wheel nut side.Ā  My concern is that if the nut or stud is overtightenedĀ - you wouldn't but somebody else might -Ā it will pull the thread out of the hub, as happened with the test piece.Ā  In that scenario it would be better to have a softer stud, so that the stud failed before the hub.Ā  Ā That said, the studs are a similar material to your bolts so it shouldn't be a problem.Ā  Ā What torque are you using on the bolts, or are you just feeling them up?

I have no way of analysing the old stud material properly, so probably better that you hang onto it.

Ā 

I tend to treat the studs on this in the way of "fragile studs on a car that weighs less than half a ton." So purely by feel to "tight enough, just check them regularly."

Will drop you a PM with my details.

19 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Looks like the Hammond Collection Catalog is up! @eggĀ @barrettĀ @Zelandeth

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/e52841f4a9b47c27c356c4c77c9ebfef/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/the-hammond-microcar-museum-kent-auction-online-only--vi/?iFrameView=1&currentPage=1&maxResults=120

looks like they have separated and itemised everything pretty well, so the Steyr puch engine is available on its own, along with a Model 70 Gearbox and a Dynastart unit or 3, but of course they still missed the Model 70 exhaust hanging from the roof! LOL

someone who I consider to be a good home for these things has expressed interest in the AC Acedes so I am quite pleased about that :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

s-l1600-22.thumb.jpg.fafb69df738dc5aa5ca0ffa482399a5c.jpg

999BPF puts it at around August 1956 if that registration mark has any actual bearing to the machine!

Ā 

Ā 

also speaking of mystery invalid three wheelers! one for @MorrisItalSLXĀ any idea as to what these might be? :)Ā 

https://www.superstock.com/asset/chair-cripple-crippled-pensioner-buy-motorised-wheelchair-given-sunday-sun/5513-17626911

5513-17626911.thumb.jpg.1780d5c3b0428f64a963121a21ad9956.jpg

its a really strange contraption, its giving me French/European vibes but thats just vibes, I have never seen a Motorised machine with a hand propulsion crank like that, its like its one half of the mechanism from aĀ Harding Rideinease!Ā 

Ā 

theres also a couple here as wellĀ https://www.superstock.com/asset/wheelchairs-hospitals-february/5513-17626908

5513-17626908.thumb.jpg.963c62faa13a4765a579d80f2e79b2d3.jpg

its also quite interesting in general to see Invalid carriages like this in Australia, I know New Zealand had a few, but I had never seen much like this in Oz so its very cool to see that they did indeed exist over there and that they where even road registered!

Ā 

also bonus really old school Invalid vehicles and buses shot :)Ā 

https://www.superstock.com/asset/miles-invalid-chair-years-old-william-curran-ipswhich-who-despite/5513-16347931

5513-16347931.thumb.jpg.79af34df4fc960591a4e366346e0d096.jpg

Ā 

Just had a chance to look at that catalogue.Ā  Lot 95A does look to contain quite a lot of useful stuff...definitely seems worth us keeping our collective eyes on and seeing if we're wanting to chuck a bid in.Ā  Reckon this lot is likely to go one of two ways.Ā  It'll go cheap because the Steyr engine followers who want those bits don't want to have to deal with a bunch of bits of Invacar, or it'll go for a ludicrous sum.

Doubt it will be less than a few hundred quid given that I doubt many Invacar folks will have missed the fuel tank, which is a couple of hundred quid worth of fabrication.

I see that the chap who owned FFB550 and RDE346, is having to sell them due to ill health

quite sad to see as he did a smashing job getting the not just restored but also up and running!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265901582816

s-l1600-21.thumb.jpg.92722c0bcf5c7a013f73fb326d88d969.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265901559415

s-l1600-29.thumb.jpg.3a0630583742a71d934b97dda3c5f9f7.jpg

should anyone be interested in them, although none are DVLA registered, the Harding has its original buff logbook and the Argson was first registered in Pembrokeshire who's pre DVLA local office records still exist

Ā so both of these should be able to be re-registered again keeping their original marks :)Ā (although that relies on the ICR getting its arse into gear!)

Ā 

and when I say a smashing job, keep in mind this is what the Harding looked like before hand!

On 06/04/2021 at 14:26, LightBulbFun said:

Whoa! check it out another full bodied Harding Consort! it will be very interesting to hear stuart has to say about it! :)Ā 

especiallyĀ if it really is from 1955 since his small book mentions them only being introduced in 1956!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164798448899

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.93daffdbd0bac0ee671b4968b06903d3.jpg

Ā 

s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.ca0baa90fda17a7c31134055fafd6957.jpg

Ā 

Hey LBF, the Hammond Collection have added the P50 to the sale now - Ā£85-Ā£100k!

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/6c179d8b2c362c02d0fd3009ad30820c/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/the-hammond-microcar-museum-kent-auction-online-only-lot-135/?iFrameView=1

'One trapped Jeremy Clarkson in a lift but sadly he escaped'

23 minutes ago, egg said:

Hey LBF, the Hammond Collection have added the P50 to the sale now - Ā£85-Ā£100k!

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/6c179d8b2c362c02d0fd3009ad30820c/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/the-hammond-microcar-museum-kent-auction-online-only-lot-135/?iFrameView=1

'One trapped Jeremy Clarkson in a lift but sadly he escaped'

indeed I was surprised to see that as I thought the 2 peels where being retainedĀ (the laugh reaction is towards the Jeremy Clarkson Comment!) I think the Peel Trident is still being retained

1 minute ago, Mr Pastry said:

I don't suppose lot 95A includes a big bag of wheel studs, by any chance?

I dont see anything like that sadly, but there is an entire trailing arm and hub, just the 1 mind, makes you wonder what happened to the rest of the car!

On 23/09/2022 at 18:00, JJ0063 said:

Whatā€™s the latest on yours @LightBulbFun? I canā€™t keep up with this threadĀ 

Ā 

On 23/09/2022 at 19:15, LightBulbFun said:

Good Question I wish I knew myself LOL

im not sure how far behind you are, but things are still as they where in this postĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

so sadly I still have no real progress update from the last on August the 3rd when I was informed the throttle and choke cables where being fettled

after that post was made, @red5Ā PM'ed to inform me that on the 14th a whole day would be dedicated to her and that id get a decent update then,Ā but I have not heard anything since sadly, so I dont know if she got her day or not!

I know Red5 has not had much luck this year so maybe all that is still wrecking havoc on his end

Ā 

thankfully at least my insurance renewal came out to be much cheaper this year then I was expecting :)Ā so I have just gone ahead and renewed everything, even tho I dont know whats happening at all!Ā  I figured it was cheap enough now thats its not worth the hassleĀ of not just renewing it when and as needed if that makes sense!Ā 

Ā 

I did get a small update the other day after posting this :)Ā 

apparently the carburettor leak has been solved at long last which I am quite pleased to hear! as I know thats been giving Red5 the run around on theĀ "new" carb for a while now

and battle continues with the choke and throttle cables

Ā 

also REV's tax is showing as renewed on the DVLA, first time continuously taxing her rather then SORNing her :)Ā 

540537417_Screenshot2022-09-25at11_12_38.thumb.png.7160314c93b400859dc64e745c767c9a.png

did it a couple days ago with the long number from the V11Z reminder without issue :)Ā 

Its a nightmare when Facebook reminds me of LBF!

Rachel BezdekĀ Ā Ā·Ā Ā Ā Ā·Ā 
Ā 
Our warehouse has relocated and we kept behind anything that had 20 or less in stock .
So looking to sell as one whole job lot, great potential to make some cash in selling on.
Everything pictured, worth over Ā£4,000
Also included is lots of PLL, PLC, PLS and PLT lamps which are being phased out in March, so if youā€™re lucky enough to have stock of these you could make some good money.
Welcome to come and have a look.
Located at
The lightbulb company
41 Murdock Road
Bicester
OX26 4PP

Bulbs 01.jpg

Bulbs 02.jpg

Bulbs 03.jpg

Bulbs 04.jpg

Bulbs 05.jpg

Bulbs 06.jpg

Bulbs 07.jpg

Bulbs 08.jpg

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Its a nightmare when Facebook reminds me of LBF!

Rachel BezdekĀ Ā Ā·Ā Ā Ā Ā·Ā 
Ā 
Our warehouse has relocated and we kept behind anything that had 20 or less in stock .
So looking to sell as one whole job lot, great potential to make some cash in selling on.
Everything pictured, worth over Ā£4,000
Also included is lots of PLL, PLC, PLS and PLT lamps which are being phased out in March, so if youā€™re lucky enough to have stock of these you could make some good money.
Welcome to come and have a look.
Located at
The lightbulb company
41 Murdock Road
Bicester
OX26 4PP

Bulbs 01.jpg

Bulbs 02.jpg

Bulbs 03.jpg

Bulbs 04.jpg

Bulbs 05.jpg

Bulbs 06.jpg

Bulbs 07.jpg

Bulbs 08.jpg

Ā 

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Ha I scrolled past that post earlier šŸ˜‚ all looked a bit modern though I think

You want to ask him if he's got any old racking shelves going to waste if he's moving...Ā 

indeed most of it looks to modern Chinese toshĀ 

but there are some older lamps in there I do spot some tungsten filament lamps hiding in there and those GE Infrared heat lamps bring back many memories for me, would not mind adding those to my collection! I had a few of them from Ryness back in the day :)Ā 

and I do see some good quality GE, Sylvania and Osram fluorescent tubes and lamps in there

I know @Six-cylinderĀ you mentioned wanting some spare tubes for the garage at some point!

(although the T8 tubes wont work properly in the currently tube-less 1970's Semi-resonant start 6ft Thorn Popular Pack you have installed top left of your garage nearest toĀ the garage door! but thats not a problem I want that fixture for my collection anyways :)Ā )

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I think the world has moved on and for our garage lighting we want low power consumption lights now

A small battery storage solution and solar panels with led lights sounds the sensible solution for just some lights/big phone power bank. There's probably DIY kits nowadaysĀ 

4 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I'd imagine so, but have we had mention ofĀ  this recently restored example yet?

FB_IMG_1664398114374.thumb.jpg.f7884b55ce74f452e47031a5ec04e197.jpg

indeed, its a pretty well known one for it has a Kubota 3 cylinder diesel engine fitted! more restomodĀ than restored! (and not recently AFAIK? its been the way it has since 2017 if not earlier)Ā 

45285060.b1baf1f1.800.jpg

42915055270_4bbf902be5.jpg

VAV1L is aĀ private registration mark applied by the current keeper, its actual AC given mark is MPD553P :)Ā 

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

indeed, its a pretty well known one for it has a Kubota 3 cylinder diesel engine fitted! more restomodĀ than restored! (and not recently AFAIK? its been the way it has since 2017 if not earlier)Ā 

45285060.b1baf1f1.800.jpg

42915055270_4bbf902be5.jpg

VAV1L is aĀ private registration mark applied by the current keeper, its actual AC given mark is MPD553P :)Ā 

The install looks pretty neat to be fair. It looked a clean one when auctioned a decade ago:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1976-ac-model-70-invacar-original-307733194