LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

If you're not holding out much hope then you need accept reality and to organise something.

For a start:

How long would Red5 need a borrowed carb for? I presume one can be fitted, he does his magic and it's then removed.

If it's a week or two surely wobbler or zel can manage the withdrawal symptoms of not being able to use theirs in the meantime.

I realise that there might be adjustments need to be made etc.etc. but bleating that there are none available sadly doesn't progress anything (LOL).

50 minutes ago, chadders said:

How long would Red5 need a borrowed carb for? I presume one can be fitted, he does his magic and it's then removed.

If it's a week or two surely wobbler or zel can manage the withdrawal symptoms of not being able to use theirs in the meantime.

Whilst this seems a reasonable suggestion, if I happened to own a carburettor, seemingly worth more than the complete vehicle, I wouldn't be letting it out of my sight.

Imagine sending the only* carb in existence on a 2 way  Herpes trip, not knowing  if it would leave you with a non running vehicle forever.

4 minutes ago, Mally said:

Whilst this seems a reasonable suggestion, if I happened to own a carburettor, seemingly worth more than the complete vehicle, I wouldn't be letting it out of my sight.

Imagine sending the only* carb in existence on a 2 way  Herpes trip, not knowing  if it would leave you with a non running vehicle forever.

I certainly wouldn't send it by them either but aren't there some couriers on here?

3 hours ago, High Jetter said:

So, we're looking for a Webber 32ICS3 or 32ICS10? Any other part numbers or applications (apart from Haflinger) to assist?

the later Model 70's used 32ICS10T to be exact :) the 32ICS10T was Model 70 specific and from what I can tell the whole 32ICSxx line was only used on Steyr puch vehicles

the 32ICS10 no suffix was used on the Steyr puch 500 DL, from what I can tell

the 32ICS3, was used on most 493cc Steyr puch vehicles of the 1960s to early 1970's including early Model 70s

im not sure what the exact difference is between the 32ICS3 32ICS10 and 32ICS10T, but im sure any would do the job

there was also the Weber 32ICS1 and, 32ICS-HS, 32ICS9, the later 2 was used on 643cc Steyr puch vehicles, the Haflinger (32ICS-HS) and the Steyr puch 126 (32ICS9) etc

the Solex 40PID is also mentioned in the workshop manual for the Model 70, but I have never seen a Model 70 so equipped, I think it was just mentioned as the Solex was the other option fitted to Steyr puch vehicles of the time

it does look like I have finally sourced a replacement carb from Big Al, but if anyone in the meantime unearths anything im all ears, dont want to say "ok im good I have found something" because then sods law will kick in LOL

35 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Single-cylinder engines only. Not that it couldn't probably be hacked about to work on a twin, but not a 5-minute plug and play solution IMO.

Edit: Same company appears to make an EFI kit for small UAVs, which might be an avenua worth pursuing.

20 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Or just transplant a Hayabusa engine in there and set a new landspeed record on the way home 😬

if I had a pound for every person that said stick a Haybusa lump in an invacar id actually be able to buy and install a.... BMW flat twin is probably what id go with LOL

a Haybusa lump just has all the wrong sort of characteristics for a Model 70, but I think a BMW flat twin would work for the same reasons they work well in 2CV's etc

(or maybe the V Twin from a Morgan 3 wheeler? dunno if thats a bit too gruff)

but really you dont have to worry about that if you really want to go nuts, power wise, than the the stock engine more then capable of producing a good 80-100Hp once ya chuck some tuning bits at it, a 762cc big bore kit etc :) 

hell someone managed to get 67 horse power from a 493cc engine without increasing displacement, so I would not even have to update the V5c in this case LOL

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4502104809833864&id=100001031677787

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

Single-cylinder engines only. Not that it couldn't probably be hacked about to work on a twin, but not a 5-minute plug and play solution IMO.

Edit: Same company appears to make an EFI kit for small UAVs, which might be an avenua worth pursuing.

they do list a 400cc to 800cc version, which was actually brought up in Zel's thread a while back by I think @PhilA but they aint cheap about $400 or so! 

but it would be interesting to see how a standard engine would do so equipped :) 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Just had the dispatch notice from Oxford diecast :-)

same! :) 

2021765553_Screenshot2022-03-28at18_45_05.thumb.png.bb72eabc8ade222d0beca250cd240ab9.png

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

if I had a pound for every person that said stick a Haybusa lump in an invacar id actually be able to buy and install a.... BMW flat twin is probably what id go with LOL

a Haybusa lump just has all the wrong sort of characteristics for a Model 70, but I think a BMW flat twin would work for the same reasons they work well in 2CV's etc

(or maybe the V Twin from a Morgan 3 wheeler? dunno if thats a bit too gruff)

but really you dont have to worry about that if you really want to go nuts, power wise, than the the stock engine more then capable of producing a good 80-100Hp once ya chuck some tuning bits at it, a 762cc big bore kit etc :) 

hell someone managed to get 67 horse power from a 493cc engine without increasing displacement, so I would not even have to update the V5c in this case LOL

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4502104809833864&id=100001031677787

they do list a 400cc to 800cc version, which was actually brought up in Zel's thread a while back by I think @PhilA but they aint cheap about $400 or so! 

but it would be interesting to see how a standard engine would do so equipped :) 

same! :) 

2021765553_Screenshot2022-03-28at18_45_05.thumb.png.bb72eabc8ade222d0beca250cd240ab9.png

Would you not be better off spending the model money on paying to get the real thing fixed?

On 12/31/2021 at 6:59 AM, warren t claim said:

espada1.thumb.PNG.6440f04ab0114dfeaf942eabfa565977.PNG

Although chalk and cheese, when I was 18 and still at school doing my A Levels I got my long awaited inheritance and decided to "invest" it in buying one of these from current YouTuber Ian Tyrell. My family went crazy at the thought of be blowing everything that Claim_Grandad had worked so hard for and after a nasty family argument I backed down.

With the benefit of hindsight, what the fuck was I thinking at the time? A fucking schoolboy trying to daily a 70s supercar???

I'm starting to think that an 18 year old W.T.C buying this would've been slightly more sensible than L.B.F doing his best to try and run his AC. At least I had an expert local mechanic and parts were available. 

2 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Any Ford RS dealer could maintain a Cosworth.

But would it get noticed like his:

people from all walks of life will notice em, and the younger generations who did not grow up with them will still notice and go "WTF is that!" 

where as a Ford RS Cosworth is a fairly mundane vehicle, you can go to any car show and find one probably etc :) 

1 minute ago, chadders said:

But would it get noticed like his:

people from all walks of life will notice em, and the younger generations who did not grow up with them will still notice and go "WTF is that!" 

where as a Ford RS Cosworth is a fairly mundane vehicle, you can go to any car show and find one probably etc :) 

OK, the reality of having an exotic or rare car is similar to when I got my cock pierced. I had it done to impress the ladies but in reality it's usually men who are interested and want to know about the pain of ownership.

Why do you both continue to try and derail the lad's thread? Bit fucking infantile isn't it?

He's had the car transported to red5 for recommissioning. Red5 has asked for a carb. A carb has been sourced and is on the way. 

I genuinely can't see what else he could do at this point. 

What's your issue? I'm genuinely intrigued to know.