LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

54 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

I agree with Mrs6C, and think a Tatoo thread would be good. Think the little Invacar looks great. Not so sure about the Haynes AE86 now that the shortcomings have been pointed out. Any other car tatoos out there? 

I'm not deep enough into car tattoos to educate, give me like 5 years and I'll be back 😅

I have 3 children. 

The oldest child regularly does things to wind up her middle sister. Nothing that could ever *quite* be called out as being overtly horrible or mean, but it is mean.

She knows how to get a reaction. The objective is to wind up her sister enough that she shouts or throws something or whatever and then gets in trouble for her reaction. The big one of course remains calm throughout so she can claim innocence.

The smaller one doesn't do herself any favours as she responds to it every time, she's big enough to know better. 

Anyway I'm sure I am meant to pile in at some point and separate them but what I do is tell the big one to stop winding her sister up and the small one to stop responding. They are both at fault to an extent and it would be really great if they could just leave each other alone and be nice?

24 minutes ago, barrett said:

aaaaaaaaaaaanyway.

3 hours ago, Remspoor said:

glasgow1962.thumb.jpg.9b93d3595f171edd0e27bcad7a2aa55b.jpg

Glasgow.

Oh cool its a Tippen Delta Mk2 :) 

image.thumb.png.2a568cdfe79a24c52d8b835367fa48e0.png

which was the last Tippen Delta Mark to have a singular headlamp (after which the Ministry standard specification demanded dual headlamps so the Tippen Delta Mk3 was brought out)

but the Mk2 was the first Invalid vehicle to have the classic light "Ministry blue" colour scheme :) 

On 28/01/2022 at 17:59, LightBulbFun said:

it seems to be the season for Invalid carriages on ebay, as well as the lot that @OldBlokeInACaravan has been selling

a petrol powered Harding has also popped up :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353877562438

s-l1600-16.thumb.jpg.4e663738ad39cbc3c272eddcd126d8f7.jpg

quite pleased to find this one actually, as I found it many moons ago and noted that it had a Daylight MOT, but ever since then I could not figure out which of the many IC's that was one was (there have been times when I have needed to give an example of a Daylight MOT) glad to have finally found again which one it was!

2119772600_Screenshot2022-01-28at17_52_09.thumb.png.626b2905bffb2d81cb972937b0d92d9e.png

however an Invalid carriage, is a vehicle which is not MOTable/should be MOT'ed

although a number have been MOT'ed (and subsequently robbed of their number plate which should not have been allowed as DVLA rules state you can only rob the number plate off a vehicle which has to go through an MOT, which is why you never see plate robbed milk floats thankfully for example)

im guessing they manage to get MOT'ed because they just get chucked in as a Tricycle and the MOT men not knowing their own rules! 

just idly checking things, and was pleasently surprised to find that LFB209 has had a fresh V5c issued and is now Taxed and insured!

1539358283_Screenshot2022-03-12at19_43_23.thumb.png.8cb7f26e7508bec62f7cd3dd5bbd0e9f.png

835509268_Screenshot2022-03-12at19_44_56.png.0214016580217d2232156ea434aea460.png

I sadly dont know who bought it, but id like to think its now being used on the road, baffling the locals somewhere :) 

speaking of baffling, @JJ0063 you work in the insurance industry right? can you explain this one? LOL

846607256_Screenshot2022-03-12at19_44_23.png.f30e676589bb2a61b13988ae7d65f097.png

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

just idly checking things, and was pleasently surprised to find that LFB209 has had a fresh V5c issued and is now Taxed and insured!

1539358283_Screenshot2022-03-12at19_43_23.thumb.png.8cb7f26e7508bec62f7cd3dd5bbd0e9f.png

835509268_Screenshot2022-03-12at19_44_56.png.0214016580217d2232156ea434aea460.png

I sadly dont know who bought it, but id like to think its now being used on the road, baffling the locals somewhere :) 

speaking of baffling, @JJ0063 you work in the insurance industry right? can you explain this one? LOL

846607256_Screenshot2022-03-12at19_44_23.png.f30e676589bb2a61b13988ae7d65f097.png

I did phone my insurance company about why it was saying OK Supreme, apparently it's what they put if a vehicle isn't listed on their system, which I found a bit odd as an OK Supreme is a vehicle already. Either way the insurance documents all say Invacar, it's just the MID website that says different.

1 hour ago, crad said:

random question lbf- in a race between the many invacar variants, which would win?

depends on what sort of race it is!

but Probably Model 70 Prototype number 8 since that supposedly had a large 650cc engine for wear testing of the drive line :) (and was literally ragged around a race track by AC until something broke)

and the Model 70 in general was the fastest and best handling of the lot

49 minutes ago, Harriytait said:

I did phone my insurance company about why it was saying OK Supreme, apparently it's what they put if a vehicle isn't listed on their system, which I found a bit odd as an OK Supreme is a vehicle already. Either way the insurance documents all say Invacar, it's just the MID website that says different.

thats a bit random yeah! I find it baffling, because its not even an understandable computer error like dump code modified cars or Other British other

their system should have an option to manually enter the info if its not on their system

(I know Bikesure/Adrian flux can, because when I insured REV with them for the first time I made sure it came back as Invacar Model 70 properly LOL)

I wonder if these details are what comes up when a police man does an insurance check, could lead to some very baffled police men LOL

(to be fair I dont think most police men these days would know what their looking at even if it did correctly say "invacar" LOL)

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

but Probably Model 70 Prototype number 8 since that supposedly had a large 650cc engine for wear testing of the drive line :) (and was literally ragged around a race track by AC until something broke)

thats a bit random yeah! I find it baffling, because its not even an understandable computer error like dump code modified cars or Other British other

their system should have an option to manually enter the info if its not on their system

(I know Bikesure/Adrian flux can, because when I insured REV with them for the first time I made sure it came back as Invacar Model 70 properly LOL)

I wonder if these details are what comes up when a police man does an insurance check, could lead to some very baffled police men LOL

(to be fair I dont think most police men these days would know what their looking at even if it did correctly say "invacar" LOL)

reckon an invacar race series would work?

2 hours ago, crad said:

reckon an invacar race series would work?

erm guess it depends on the racing said race series is about! 

at least 2 Invacars have been around goodwood for what thats worth! @dollywobbler in TWC and JBY503J (LVX250J) the one (for now :) ) road worthy Invacar Mk12

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

It's definitely a bit odd, I'm not going to worry about it for now as she'll be coming off the road again soon for a major mechanical overhaul and I'll be insuring her with hagaty as they quoted me cheaper than my current insurance anyway.

15 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I suppose they could always google it - which would quite possibly lead them to this thread!