LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

44 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Have you seen this spotting photo on FB today?

272834825_10158463207341500_7044973046582563827_n.jpg

indeed I have :)  its @Harriytait's Mk12 going off to its new home (where im told it will be getting a full nut and bolt restoration! but ill belive that when I see it! most people tend to under estimate Mk12's!)

we where amused how it managed to get papped despite only going an hour away, but VJN never got papped despite being on the road for over 7 hours!

(nor has REV been papped either despite having spending fair a bit of time on the back of/behind a van! although someone did manage to spot Dolly when she was recovered to the FoD :) )

On 13/05/2020 at 21:15, barrett said:

Have you seen this before?

scan0001.thumb.jpg.5c21b17df55f40ae92bf4e2f7fdc2bdb.jpg

scan0002.thumb.jpg.b9b2da40c216e74e6c2c283e9ef38130.jpg

Will send you something else by PM shortly...

On 13/05/2020 at 21:41, LightBulbFun said:

oh thats very cool and no not something I have seen before! it made for a very interesting read,

and answered several questions I had about the harper machines :) (like it explains why 61HPA is not blue! that was something I was wondering about)

its very interesting to read of how it drove and what the control layout was exactly :) (I still very much want to have a drive of a Villers powered machine!)

(its a shame its been scanned in only 2 bit black and white rather then proper greyscale or colour, cant quite make out the reg of the harper pictured sadly!)

its also very interesting how they note the applications for the electric versions and worth noting that one of the big things about the Invacar at the time was it was a petrol machine that could be specced for 1 hand operation :) 

do you know when it dates from? I assume 1957 or thereabouts? as that's when the Harper Mk6 was introduced IIRC

thank you very much for sharing it!

On 13/05/2020 at 21:45, barrett said:

yeah it's annoying that the quality is so bad. It's from an old Rumcar News (back when it was basically a photocopy) and sadly no credit whatsoever to the original source... which is an annoying trait of that magazine. Without looking very carefully I can't tell which magazine it's even from originally, but shouldn't be impossible to work it out. Have you clocked the max speed of the electric version!?

I had no idea about the 20mph speed limit for invalid carriages. I assume this was lifted at some point - do you know when?

I was just looking for something else and found a reference in this thread ages ago about Stuart doing a book. Can you give some more information on that?

Woo found on eBay which Magazine it was from :) 

image.thumb.png.2e85f26bc9cb7fc1e3eb1daf912f59ca.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203799307724

image.thumb.png.e14846806a47b6c1c344bdce40e0d73e.png

if anyone owns this copy where they can get a decent scan of the harper section done that would be much appreciated :) 

58 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Woo found on eBay which Magazine it was from :) 

image.thumb.png.2e85f26bc9cb7fc1e3eb1daf912f59ca.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203799307724

image.thumb.png.e14846806a47b6c1c344bdce40e0d73e.png

if anyone owns this copy where they can get a decent scan of the harper section done that would be much appreciated :) 

How about making the vendor an offer and buying the magazine? Then you have the original text and pictures and can scan it etc.

1 hour ago, Mrs6C said:

How about making the vendor an offer and buying the magazine? Then you have the original text and pictures and can scan it etc.

the thought crossed my mind but it strikes me as one of those magazines that someone on here probably has the entire run of in their library, so figured id ask first just incase! :) 

(its for the same reasons I have not purchased that Invacar Mk3 Brochure thats been on ebay for a while because, Stuart informed me he already has a copy he is happy to scan in for me if I need it)

and then thats 9 more quid I have towards to fixing REV up which is easily enough to get a brake cylinder or 2 :)

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Reg could be 149 LPF? I am signed up to the Autocar digital archive, but because it's a massive steaming pile of shit that issue isn't actually accessible.

yeah I am hoping if I can get a good scan I can make out the reg properly, but to me the reg looks like 48CPF (but could well be a 49 as you say), which was Issued from Feb 1957 onwards

it wont be xxxLPF as that was only issued from August 1959 onwards :) 

10 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

if this looks straight to you

It looks to me as if bay no. 20 is wedge-shaped rather than having a nice set of parallel lines. The Model 70 seems to be parked parallel with one of those lines, just not with the other because the shape of the bay doesn't support this!

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as a car is parked within its bay and isn't obstructing anyone or preventing people from getting in and out of their cars in the adjacent bays, it doesn't really matter if a car is parked 'wonky'.

4 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

It looks to me as if bay no. 20 is wedge-shaped rather than having a nice set of parallel lines. The Model 70 seems to be parked parallel with one of those lines, just not with the other because the shape of the bay doesn't support this!

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as a car is parked within its bay and isn't obstructing anyone or preventing people from getting in and out of their cars in the adjacent bays, it doesn't really matter if a car is parked 'wonky'.

All of this.

@LightBulbFunwill come to be aware of such things, as his driving career progresses.

FYI, LBF I park great. Not a kerbed wheel on any of my motors. 👌🏻

1 hour ago, Mrs6C said:

I think by the time of the 2nd picture VJN been straightened with respect to the bay lines when the wheel with the flat tyre was changed for one that held air :)

its just that Outrun/overrunn seems to like jumping on me any chance he has a chance too (note that he only resumed posting in this thread when things did not go to plan with REV) I presume its because I never did share the details of certain tools I use to conduct my research and he is still annoyed by that fact as evidenced by this recent post 

On 13/01/2022 at 13:10, Out Run said:

Nice one, @Hawkeyethenoo 👍🏻

#specialtool #invacar #myballyoucantplaywithit

I dont mind a ribbing comment in good nature which some of his posts on their own could be said to be (and im sure some may well could be)

but its clear OutRun/Overrun is not posting most of them for good natured reasons but instead it feels like they are being posted out of subtle malice, because I never did share the details of aforementioned tool

and I just dont quite know what to do about it! hence this post!

sometimes I try and just go along with, but other times it can be quite annoying (Which is probably the intention!) its the sort of malice where you can tell the person is doing it, but in a subtle way that generally goes unnoticed by others and you cant really show anyone at one given moment!

but he has done it enough times that I think I can put together a fair selection to show what I am talking about! 

On 11/02/2021 at 00:16, overrun said:

Just don't hit a carrier bag when driving. I fear you may get a lap dance from the petrol tank. :-)

On 20/01/2020 at 17:36, overrun said:

There’s some nice dateless plates in this thread that I would happily ‘steal’. ?

On 29/10/2020 at 00:57, Out Run said:

Wonder what the reg is... 😅

On 09/04/2020 at 22:59, Out Run said:

Look at that reg. ;-)

On 24/04/2020 at 00:39, Out Run said:

Should have done a Model 67 IMO. The original design, without the afterthought arch extensions.

Maybe that Photoshop was imagined as having a big running gear upgrade and subsequent wider track. Like that from a Big Red quad. :lol:

On 24/04/2020 at 01:03, LightBulbFun said:

I wouldn't call the rear wheel arches an afterthought I think they were/are integrated quite well into the overall body shape :) 

IMG_0502.thumb.JPG.ed988d1d4c56b3914667c88340f848d9.JPG

certainly I prefer the look of the overall body shape of the Model 70 over that of the Model 67 but that shouldn't come as a surprise as anyone really!

you say "Model 67. the original design" however  the first Model 70 prototypes predate the first Model 67's, so one could potentially argue the Model 67 was just a stop gap until the Model 70 chassis was ready for its body!

much like the SRT in someways :)  http://www.countrybus.org/STL/SRT.htm

keeping in mind a Model 67 (especially the Mk14 and Mk14A) is just a Model 57 design with a fibreglass body lumped on top 

but sadly there is very little info out there on the production/development of the Model 67

(one thing id like to find out is how the wheelbase of the 57 and 67 compare so I can figure out just how identical the 2 are LOL)

On 26/04/2020 at 12:52, Out Run said:

I’m not really arsed, mate. :lol:

this last exchange to do with the Model 67 is why I never responded to the roman numeral comments on the Mk12 chassis plates

On 23/01/2022 at 00:40, Out Run said:

When Stuart publishes his big book, I do hope that he will be using Roman numerals, to denote invalid carriage models where appropriate.

Note the use of them on the above MARK XII, showing that this is how the manufacturer named the vehicle, along with not abbreviating MARK to 'mk'.

It is nice when things are done correctly. 🙂

because this is where it becomes clear in my opinion that outrun/overrun is not trying to genuinely help with my research, but is just try and pick holes in my posts and wind me up (which to his credit he does succeed somewhat!)

and I can dig out some more if required like where outrun tried to suggest REV was bent and that I could get my "FoD Minions" to sort it!

and as above I just dont know what to do about it, but I do wish it would stop as I dont find it pleasant one bit

15 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I think by the time of the 2nd picture VJN been straightened with respect to the bay lines when the wheel with the flat tyre was changed for one that held air :)

its just that Outrun/overrunn seems to like jumping on me any chance he has a chance too (note that he only resumed posting in this thread when things did not go to plan with REV) I presume its because I never did share the details of certain tools I use to conduct my research and he is still annoyed by that fact as evidenced by this recent post 

I dont mind a ribbing comment in good nature which some of his posts on their own could be said to be (and im sure some may well could be)

but its clear OutRun/Overrun is not posting most of them for good natured reasons but instead it feels like they are being posted out of subtle malice, because I never did share the details of aforementioned tool

sometimes I try and just go along with, but other times it can be quite annoying (Which is probably the intention!) its the sort of malice where you can tell the person is doing it, but in a subtle way that generally goes unnoticed by others and you cant really show anyone at one given moment!

but he has done it enough times that I think I can put together a fair selection to show what I am talking about! 

this last exchange to do with the Model 67 is why I never responded to the roman numeral comments on the Mk12 chassis plates

because this is where it becomes clear in my opinion that outrun/overrun is not trying to genuinely help with my research, but is just try and pick holes in my post and wind me up (which to his credit he does succeed somewhat!)

and I can dig out some more if required like where outrun tried to suggest REV was bent and that I could get my "FoD Minions" to sort it!

and as above I just dont know what to do about it, but I do wish it would stop as I dont find it pleasant one bit

Give over, man. It's just a bit of craic.

Stop being so easily offended and lighten [LOLZ] up a bit! Most people on here enjoy a bit of a laugh and reply in kind.

Seeing as you brought it up, not sharing the details of the reg checking tool is a dick move, yes. Given when you first joined here you were asking all and sundry which sites and apps they used, yet when someone shared that one with you, you had to keep it your own little secret, to the detriment of myself - and others who have expressed interest - under the guise of having to add money to it, in order for it to work.

50p a check isn't a lot of money to most adults, mate.

What do you want btw, do you want me banned? 😂 Believe me, I have said very little.

If you think this reads as a big deal, I suggest you visit and optometrist. 🙃

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

because this is where it becomes clear in my opinion that outrun/overrun is not trying to genuinely help with my research, but is just try and pick holes in my posts and wind me up (which to his credit he does succeed somewhat!)

I particularly enjoyed the last paragraph for being written in exactly the same tone, timbre and meter of an Enid Blyton story. It’s like something from a previously unpublished Famous Five book. 

Don’t take it personally, dude. The whole “Special Tool” thing irritated quite a few people. We’re a community here, and it felt like you were willing to take but not to give. But whatever. It’s all a learning game eh? 

Let’s get back on thread. Are you any closer to getting REVmundo back on the road safely and responsibly? I have a little trolley Jack here that I’d gladly donate to you. It’d fit in the car so you don’t have to lug it. I’m sure someone will have some collapsible stands somewhere (if you don’t have any) then you’re off and running!

55 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I particularly enjoyed the last paragraph for being written in exactly the same tone, timbre and meter of an Enid Blyton story. It’s like something from a previously unpublished Famous Five book. 

Don’t take it personally, dude. The whole “Special Tool” thing irritated quite a few people. We’re a community here, and it felt like you were willing to take but not to give. But whatever. It’s all a learning game eh? 

I do try and give back where I can, the Carbaba tool that everyone here used for a while before it the owners nuked it sadly

was found and shared to this forum by yours truly :) (if your search for Carbaba and sort by date, you will see my post is the oldest)

On 15/06/2020 at 16:22, LightBulbFun said:

heres a good car info website I just ran across https://www.carbaba.co.uk/

use the "value my car" thing  give it the reg and just a made up milage and it will happily disgorge a good bit info about whatever your vehicle your looking up :)  (seems to use the same back end my special tool uses)

does not give VIN numbers or plate history etc tho sadly

and I have also otherwise tried to share other sites I come across and any tips and tricks I know on getting extra info out of them

On 25/10/2020 at 20:06, LightBulbFun said:

there is already a thread for this FYI :)

https://autoshite.com/topic/27069-information-sites/

really should be be part of the stickies, not sure why its not LOL

(edit: ah I see you noted that :) )  

but while im at it here is all the ones I use or have used, some of them like "CarDataChecks" will give you previous plate history if you go digging in the website source code for it (note I have noticed that sometimes plates from other vehicles can bleed over, usually if they share a common VIN number)

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

https://www.cardatachecks.co.uk/carcheck/lookup.php

https://www.carlogbook.co.uk/

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/

https://cazana.com/uk

https://www.vehiclecheck.co.uk/

https://www.motorcheck.ie/

https://www.carbaba.co.uk/

https://isitnicked.com/

https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

that reminds me tho I need to post https://www.freecarcheck.co.uk/ into the info websites, it uses the same back end as the tool that I use, so as such can be used to look up registration marks on retention and vehicles with otherwise void registration marks :) 

55 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Let’s get back on thread. Are you any closer to getting REVmundo back on the road safely and responsibly? I have a little trolley Jack here that I’d gladly donate to you. It’d fit in the car so you don’t have to lug it. I’m sure someone will have some collapsible stands somewhere (if you don’t have any) then you’re off and running!

Hopefully so :) if all goes according to plan @worldofceri will be picking her up tomorrow and taking her to @red5 to get sorted :) 

thank you very much for the offer on the trolley jack! however I recently purchased one myself, so I think im good on that front :) 

unless it weighs a lot less the 9Kg mine does? but sadly from what I have seen they dont seem to make light weight trolley Jacks, I did look at bottle jacks which are quite a bit lighter, but I dont think they would fit under REV sadly (a Model 70 on 12 inch wheels has 8 inches of ground clearance, but REV is on 10 inch wheels so im not going to have the same off roading prowess clearance)

The planets aligned! this random jack i got with my marina had a steel rule close enough to it that I checked and seems to be a fairly sizeable ✔ if you want that posting down haha, only weights about 1.5kg so could in theory lift 1000 of itself 16436691015643926930701966628477.thumb.jpg.3caa3599bc5010bc77d982ad72d0c624.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jikovron said:

The planets aligned! this random jack i got with my marina had a steel rule close enough to it that I checked and seems to be a fairly sizeable ✔ if you want that posting down haha, only weights about 1.5kg so could in theory lift 1000 of itself 16436691015643926930701966628477.thumb.jpg.3caa3599bc5010bc77d982ad72d0c624.jpg

ah cool! although I think that might be cutting it a bit fine still due to the 10 inch wheels! but that bottle jack looks to be a common style, so im sure i can at some point get someone to try theres and see if it fits under REV and if it does indeed then I may chase you up on it :) (I obviously dont want to trouble you only to find it does not fit!)

and thats REV with @worldofceri on her way to @red5 to hopefully have her remaining issues sorted :) 

704145741_IMG_01532.thumb.JPG.64b8cf6be7323b570845579e6f2465a8.JPG

1553910385_IMG_01522.thumb.JPG.645fb71ff230015d8212e3f4560a6355.JPG

in true Autoshite fashion, after getting her started, she developed a new fault where she lost all electricity, at first I thought it was the ignition switch but quickly realised even the battery direct electrics where dead also, so Mr Ceri gave the battery a wiggle, and turned out the battery positive terminal/wire is what decided to play up, thankfully after the wiggle, things played ball and Mr Ceri was able to drive her up onto the trailer!

after I gave him a quick run down of the controls of course its always amusing when someone drives a Model 70 for the first time, although a bit more nerve wrecking when its in a tight dead end up a trailer, rather then a nice open FoD! but Mr Ceri managed to get her up onto the trailer without issue :) 

I was also quite impressed with REVs ability to drag herself up what was quite a steep incline despite the binding brakes! (ill just try and not think about how much fun that would of been for the clutch LOL)

I do apologies in that I failed entirely to grab some pics of her actually on the trailer! (but I think Mr Ceri might have some)

many thanks to @worldofceri for transporting her for me, and also putting up with my ramblings while he got her strapped down!

and many thanks to @red5 for being willing to take her own! heres hoping things will go smoothly from here on out, rather than! "Oh gosh why did I have to say something" as you find yourself 6 hours into a engine change or something such!

I will of course update when she lands at Red5 :) 

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Great to see progress is being made, hope it's back with you and useable before too long.

2 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Huzzah!!!

That is great news and I look forward to the updates.

Indeed hopefully if things can go smoothly then that mean things can also go relatively quickly!, as I would of course like to have her back as quickly as possible of course :) (so hopefully she does not put up too much of a fight when Red5 starts work)

and speaking of quickly I have been informed that REV has already arrived at Red5! which was a very pleasent surprise I was expecting it to take much longer! :) (it normally takes at least an entire day just to get out of London LOL)

IMG_1273.thumb.jpeg.8799f36416ce10e8820ec0167425a558.jpeg

looks like she is a hit with the students! :) 

24 minutes ago, CaptainBoom said:

Or, how many people can you fit into an Invacar and it still drive?

Depends if unbolting the roof is allowed! :) 

post-25614-0-43095900-1549149923.jpg

otherwise a Model 70 has a max payload rating of 190Kg *mumbles something about last Tuesdays zoom call, a stationary engine and being the first person to be pulled by VOSA for an overloaded Invacar* :mrgreen: