LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

2 hours ago, barrett said:

Great stuff LBF, well done for pursuing it.

I'd love to see some of these Magic Carpet magazines, I bet there's some great stuff in there

Thanks :) even aside from my Invalid vehicle obsessions its always quite fascinating to hear just of all the things AC was involved with

most people just think Cobra, but they did everything from Rail buses to Golf club bags/buggies  :) 

indeed theres some great stuff in those magazines id love see some as well :) (the Magic Carpet for those unaware was the Invalid Tricycle Associations quarterly publication)

speaking of while I was sadly not able to find any copies online I did find this neat invitation to the ITA :) 

https://radar.brookes.ac.uk/radar/file/8b4d2442-33b9-404e-8ae2-d25d67578afe/1/DH-5-2-10.pdf 

some lovely photos there :)

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

@LightBulbFunare you on Twitter? Pm if you prefer. Got a link for you. 

indeed I do @LIGHTBULBFUN is the twitter handle or whatever they call it these days

speaking of social things

I wonder if any of the Autoshite Invacar massive will be making it to the NMCR? :) https://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/

(to be fair I did not realise it was on this year!)

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

speaking of social things

I wonder if any of the Autoshite Invacar massive will be making it to the NMCR? :) https://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/

MHJ 22P will be there with me in attendance. 

It’s a great event which is normally open to the public on the Sunday. Would be great to see some other Invacars and hopefully the next one to receive the trophy MHJ won (ahead of TWC 😱) in 2019…

Trophy kindly donated by Big Al. 

54E03BBA-5CC9-4F44-B433-B522B5F7C32C.jpeg

4152C4D6-0AD9-4392-89A1-84C013E5E504.jpeg

who wants to rescue a Model 70 from Sweden? :) 

spotted this advert just now

image.png.41c13f2b7be30fcc7a3c79f30cf693a7.png

https://www.villhadet.se/ac-acedes-invacar-1975-mc-bil/a1806

tbh im not 100% sure how genuine it is

I dont know anything about the website/what the Swedish equivalent of ebay is so I dont know if thats really a real website or one of those websites that just takes adverts from other websites etc,

but I do know the chap who has these 2 Model 70's has been trying to flog one of his them for a good couple years while now

at one point asking €11K for one! but the above one seems to be listed for a slightly more sane price of £4245, still pretty strong money mind

On 13/08/2020 at 23:33, LightBulbFun said:

we also talked a bit about the Invacar Mk6's built under licence by Vernon industries, turns out they are quite the mystery  in their own right

in that a nice bit of info is known about them as to how they came to be etc , but no actual pictures are known to exist of them sadly, and its unknown if they where badged Vernon at all or or if they where still badged as Invacar 

Stuart did mention that it seems like some of the Later ones where fitted 125cc BSA Bantam engines rather then the usual villiers engine as he has a handbook that curiously says vernon-invacar "For Invacar fitted with 123cc BSA Bantam Engine" (not sure if 123cc is a typo or if thats what it actually says)

so gives us at least one thing to look out for :) 

and its sadly not known how/where they where registered (however Stuart says he has not seen any Cheshire registered Invacar Mk6's so he thinks they where still registered by Invacar just built by vernon)

well Looky what I just found last Night :) (well this Morning technically as it was 1AM but I digress)

what looks like an Invacar Mk6 with weather protection

17861885_1769541546694216_8398444416996787555_n.thumb.jpeg.ba4bbc0bbb0f9e9eaf226db73c0c28f8.jpeg

is actually the first known Photograph of a Vernon industries ltd Licence built Invacar Mk6 :) 

and this one is even complete with the Vernon only BSA Bantam engine (which is how we where able to tell its Vernon and not an Invacar)

its very useful to our research as it does show that it looks like Vernon built Invacars where registered in Cheshire by Vernon themselves

so now we know this, we know what to look out for to spot a Vernon invacar from a regular Invacar in old photos and British Pathe videos etc :) 

last question I wonder is, where they badged Invacar still or not?

oh and I also came across this

https://www.facebook.com/kentfotoarchivecom/photos/a.739164506437335/739167153103737/

a nice period photo of an Electric Stanley Argson Model 44, but made extra neat in that PPF291 is one of the Stanley Argsons I found a good while ago now via my DVLA bashing

with no known knowledge of their being a photo of it out there :) so its neat to have come across a photo of it!

44300735_739167156437070_1222269708720406528_n.thumb.jpeg.54bc8d7e357701e0c71e01d44d3873f1.jpeg

12 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

well Looky what I just found last Night :) (well this Morning technically as it was 1AM but I digress)

what looks like an Invacar Mk6 with weather protection

17861885_1769541546694216_8398444416996787555_n.thumb.jpeg.ba4bbc0bbb0f9e9eaf226db73c0c28f8.jpeg

is actually the first known Photograph of a Vernon industries ltd Licence built Invacar Mk6 :) 

and this one is even complete with the Vernon only BSA Bantam engine (which is how we where able to tell its Vernon and not an Invacar)

its very useful to our research as it does show that it looks like Vernon built Invacars where registered in Cheshire by Vernon themselves

so now we know this, we know what to look out for to spot a Vernon invacar from a regular Invacar in old photos and British Pathe videos etc :) 

last question I wonder is, where they badged Invacar still or not?

well continuing the the theme of Licence built Invacars

I was talking with Stuart about the Vernon to which he closed out saying  "one needs to find a Samuel Elliot-produced one for full bonus points "

to which he further went to say "Samuel Elliot of Reading Berkshire" which then upon seeing they where based in Reading Berkshire

I went Ooooh hang on a tick and pulled these 2 screen grabs I have :) 

image.thumb.png.ede358dae5256fca8bbd62f1dbaa213b.png

image.thumb.png.de68d2fb223402fa7d923bf89e1ed595.png

which was a Curious Invacar I had spotted in one of the British pathe Invalid tricycle Association videos a good while ago

It caught my eye because it was of non Essex registration and did not have the winged Invacar badge on the back, back in the day I wondered if it Was a Vernon but the registration mark did not line up Vernon Industries location

so at the time I had just chalked it up to perhaps a Private machine

but is a Reading mark which does lineup with where Samuel Elliot Ltd where based, so this combined with the lack of an Invacar Badge strongly points to this being a Samuel Elliot Licence built Invacar Mk6 :) 

It was very fascinating to learn about, I knew of Samuel Elliot Ltd from the Padwin Prototype of 1951

ic106.jpeg.14a52fa858b798317d40be8e1a3b2456.jpeg

but I had no idea that they had also built Invacars under licence like Vernon did :) 

and Stuart was very happy with my finds as like the Vernon no previous pictures where known (and even less is known of the Samuel Invacars than the Vernon Invacars)

have to admit to feeling very pleased with myself over these 2 recent Major Invacar finds :)  

would love to know if anyone else out there might be able to shed some more light on these licence built Invacars?

and also for @barrett 

you mentioned your Invacar Mk10 Photo was quite badly damaged, so I figured you would appreciate this :) (which I understand to be a scan of the original negative that your print is from)

235612137_377619817209475_8463457256940159708_n.thumb.jpg.2afd0cc68944e7a29faaffcfddcbec77.jpg

and also the 3 photos of RVW840 that clearly are supposed to go with your photos (which would still be very good to have scanned in for comparison purposes etc :) there taken at a much better angle for use in my survivors list then these 3!) 

233389651_440989503615436_5186853577749068582_n.thumb.jpg.bc8ceccefe505ed7d37e56e84dda7c0c.jpg

232191734_1949059278592488_2365310987423227401_n.thumb.jpg.f8098f42756cf3bbacd2993af6fe1e00.jpg

232118957_425119472126875_4238398548469182671_n.thumb.jpg.29d36b393ba3f94312f87fa1df75655e.jpg

Its all very interesting how you seem to have the missing Jigsaw puzzle pieces almost to a jigsaw puzzle that someone else is currently holding :)  if that makes sense!

I am very curious to see what else is found in that file! I really wonder what the history of your file is, it must of come from someone or somewhere with close connection to Invacar or the Greeves association etc

39 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

How did they arrange starting and reversing with the Bantam engine? 

im guessing by some variation/form of the Invastarter? but I dont know for sure, never actually thought about it because I assumed it was just the same as the Villiers machines but I dont know much about BSA engines/have not researched them in the depth that I have Villiers

various-shutterstock-editorial-4053809a.jpg

(which from what I understand is what the big cast item on the side of the engine in the picture of the Samuel made Invacar which is Villiers powered im pretty sure)

early Invacars did also have a provision to manually start them via a hand operated lever or such

30 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

early Invacars did also have a provision to manually start them via a hand operated lever or such

I love the way they call it a semi-self starter - did it only work half the time?

You can see on the Bantam engine that there is a hand gearchange connection and the kick starter has been removed.  It would have to have either a reversible Dynastart, or a separate starter motor and a remote reverse gearbox.  I don't know enough about Bantam engines (thankfully) to know whether a Dynastart could be fitted but it would have to be on the nearside.

I would expect a hand starting lever would only start the engine in one direction, so that is another puzzle.    Some of these things must have been a bit of a handful even for an able-bodied driver, and needed quite a lot of technical knowledge to operate them.

21 hours ago, Mr Pastry said:

I would expect a hand starting lever would only start the engine in one direction, so that is another puzzle.    Some of these things must have been a bit of a handful even for an able-bodied driver, and needed quite a lot of technical knowledge to operate them.

The Bantam engine is based on the DKW RT125 engine (due to war reparations). Many other companies also used this engine, my Neval (Minsk) 125 included.

Now, occasionally, the Neval engine would run backwards when started, there was no way of knowing it had done this until you put it in gear and let out the clutch... I understand the running backwards phenomena depends on where the piston is in relation to TDC and something to do with the spark advance (although the Neval had a strange form of electronic ignition so the spark angle should have been consistent).

I wonder if it was/is possible to purposefully start one to run backwards if you can set the piston at the correct point of it's stroke? This would remove complications with gearboxes and Dynastarts.

Of course another consideration is the ability for the Vernon invacar to turn in it's own footprint as per a Bond Minicar; it certainly looks like the handle bars could position the front wheel at 90 degrees to the back wheels allowing it to spin around.

3 hours ago, martc said:

The Bantam engine is based on the DKW RT125 engine (due to war reparations). Many other companies also used this engine, my Neval (Minsk) 125 included.

Now, occasionally, the Neval engine would run backwards when started, there was no way of knowing it had done this until you put it in gear and let out the clutch... I understand the running backwards phenomena depends on where the piston is in relation to TDC and something to do with the spark advance (although the Neval had a strange form of electronic ignition so the spark angle should have been consistent).

I wonder if it was/is possible to purposefully start one to run backwards if you can set the piston at the correct point of it's stroke? This would remove complications with gearboxes and Dynastarts.

Of course another consideration is the ability for the Vernon invacar to turn in it's own footprint as per a Bond Minicar; it certainly looks like the handle bars could position the front wheel at 90 degrees to the back wheels allowing it to spin around.

Yup.  Normally the ignition is set a bit before TDC, so if you set it it after TDC and spin the engine the other way it will start in reverse.  This is what the reversing Dynastart does, with a separate set of points for each direction and suitable switches, relays etc.  It is possible that a Dynastart could be fitted to a Bantam engine in place of the normal flywheel/magneto, I don't know.  I do feel for all these disabled folks having to cope with such things, when surely a better solution could have been devised. 

Am I creating a false memory, or did a decent image of a Padwin turn up recently?

My archive is not Invacar-specific, it's a from a friend of mine who has been a motoring historian since the 1950s who recently died. It's 22 filing cabinets of 'stuff' - clippings, brochures, handbooks, photographs, correspondence - on just about every single make of car ever built (though there isn't loads of pre-Edwardian stuff). It arrived in hundreds of boxes, so we're currently going through and filing everything in order again. I haven't really looked at 99% of it properly but I'm hoping there will be a few other files of invalid carriage stuff. There's definitely a Larmar file, and one just called 'invalid carriages' but that one is almost all hand-propelled stuff, Victorian bath chairs etc

On 21/08/2021 at 22:21, Mr Pastry said:

I do feel for all these disabled folks having to cope with such things, when surely a better solution could have been devised. 

keep in mind this was the late 1940's early 1950's and there really was not much better out there

the Invacar became so popular because compared to other invalid carriages of the time it was massive advancement, for example the Invacar was the first Petrol machine that could be operated entirely with only one arm etc

(all previous petrol invalid carriages required 2 hands to operate so if you only had use of 1 hand then you where forced to a slow electric machine)

and also the Invacar was one of the first to specifically be designed for being adaptable to each persons individual needs/disabilities if necessary, and you even had things like the Invacar New era, which apart from one specially adapted Austin Metro and maybe a couple other much more modern cars

was the only vehicle one could get in and drive without ever having to leaving your wheel chair

On 22/08/2021 at 12:44, barrett said:

Am I creating a false memory, or did a decent image of a Padwin turn up recently?

im not aware of anything being posted sadly,

but a probably decent picture can likely be found in the A Brief Pictorial History of the Invalid Tricycle from 1976

which is where the poor quality picture was copied/originated from, I have a copy of that book, but it is just that a 1 bit black and white copy (like the harper extract you kindly posted a while back), so the pictures are not much better sadly

although im glad to have any sort of copy in the first place :) 

image.png

but Id love to find an original  copy of the book some day :) (bonus points to anyone outside of me or stuart who can name all the IC's on the front cover :) )

but perhaps there was a decent picture in your recent archive find that briefly flashed passed as you flicked through the photos? :) 

10 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Have you seen this, any help finding out the deeds from the engine no?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/833719430614567/

Screenshot_20210825-004146_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-003613_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-003527_Facebook.jpg

ohh thats interesting

not a Model 70 I immediately recognise! although it does look familiar

I wonder who it sold to, I just checked with @adam1db and it was not him, but he said he will contact the seller and see if any more info can be got

its a shame the chassis plate picture is so low rez or id be able to ID the car!

240120705_10159273881036013_5515884889979251428_n.thumb.jpeg.f89f7f091003c88ca30f85fca56c4999.jpeg  

239279063_10159273880876013_6664384543531459519_n.thumb.jpeg.9c8366591d69ba64447b88d1707e46dd.jpeg

the bodge to replace the interior light is hilarious I dont think iv seen that done before

240458859_10159273881141013_2519962794375069059_n.thumb.jpeg.d5fc403333890e72d782d1f79b645f40.jpeg

it also has some curious roof damage, I wonder how it happened, did he reverse into a low hanging bar or very low bridge? LOL

240124499_10159273880736013_6660117493155952599_n.thumb.jpeg.3742652b8f53ad2066f798057ee89bd6.jpeg

if he just reversed into a wall it would of just clouted the rear end first

Thank you very much for the heads up :)

4 hours ago, bobdisk said:

@LightBulbFun Seen this? Is it the same person we were talking about last Saturday ?

no this is a new one! the one being talked about at the FoD was this one

On 01/06/2021 at 22:43, quicksilver said:

@LightBulbFun This is the one I mentioned at the weekend. My friend found it in a garden somewhere along with several early AC saloons, a 3000ME and possibly others so that suggests it's an AC rather than an Invacar. He says it has no numberplates and there's too much stuff inside to see the chassis plate. Is it one you know about?

model70.thumb.jpg.ec3e598b3a5002c83c18f701d4aa5111.jpg

another I sadly know few details about

4 minutes ago, AdgeCutler said:

Well, it seems it sold very quickly. I did start to make enquiries or at least a friend of mine did, I had a message sent to me this morning that a deposit had been taken. Model 70s continue to elude me.

I was wondering how long it had been up for I was wondering was it one that had been for sale for a few days and flown under my radar or did it pop up and get sold very quickly

so thats good to know at least! but im sorry to hear you missed out on it, hopefully something will show up eventually :) 

Hey LBF, I have that small stack of lamps and fittings for you we rescued out of my friend's old garage. They're safe in my garage, just wondering how to get them to you.

I'm in S Wales, and it's unlikely I'm heading east soon as we have a newborn. I suspect shitely or courier may be easiest?

1 hour ago, Coprolalia said:

Hey LBF, I have that small stack of lamps and fittings for you we rescued out of my friend's old garage. They're safe in my garage, just wondering how to get them to you.

Oh Awesome Thank you very much for saving those, there where some especially rare fixtures and tubes there so im pleased to hear they have been saved :) 

(especially that 8ft super slim with Crompton tube)

do you know if any of the missing covers where able to be found? just so I know what to keep track of when getting them down here and what Ill need to source/fabricate replacements for :) 

1 hour ago, Coprolalia said:

I'm in S Wales, and it's unlikely I'm heading east soon as we have a newborn. I suspect shitely or courier may be easiest?

congrats on the baby :) 

good question on how to get them dow!,

although I do plan to visit wales  once Im on the road with my car, to finally pickup the rare fluorescent tubes I have waiting for me that @Skizzer has very kindly been storing for me

I dont think the fixtures and tubes you have will fit in my car (certainly not the 8ft ones!)

I think some form of shitely would be the best bet as you say

the tubes I have waiting for me with Skizzer are 4fters which im pretty confident will fit diagonally into my car but I dont think much else longer will, mind I have yet to actually try

On 19/01/2020 at 18:20, LightBulbFun said:

Happy to say with many thanks to @Skizzer for collecting them for me

the 2 vintage Philips ultraviolet Black light blue tubes have been secured :) 

4BEAE77B-CE3E-4D8D-A44A-4A3394EEC3BB.jpeg

these tubes predate the now commonplace alphanumeric date code of LetterNumber or NumberLetter that Philips lamps have used since January 1964

if im reading the date code correctly (my first time dating such an old Philips tube so I might be wrong!) it looks like March 1963 :) 

only thing left is to get them down to my place, but im not to worried about that, im sure something will work itself out in time, even if I have to drive up and collect them in person :) 

the main thing is they are secured and and in a safe location

as mentioned previously im quite excited by these, they are a combination of a bunch of rare features all rolled up into one very rare tube!

(I really should look at getting my green netaline working again so I can light them up together at the same time :)

im still not entirely sure just how many fluorescent tubes can one cram into a Model 70, but im sure me or @Zelandeth will end up finding out eventually :) 

13 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Oh Awesome Thank you very much for saving those, there where some especially rare fixtures and tubes there so im pleased to hear they have been saved :) 

(especially that 8ft super slim with Crompton tube)

do you know if any of the missing covers where able to be found? just so I know what to keep track of when getting them down here and what Ill need to source/fabricate replacements for :) 

No missing bits found I'm afraid. It was just what was there.

13 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

although I do plan to visit wales  once Im on the road with my car, to finally pickup the rare fluorescent tubes I have waiting for me that @Skizzer has very kindly been storing for me

I dont think the fixtures and tubes you have will fit in my car (certainly not the 8ft ones!)

I think some form of shitely would be the best bet as you say

the tubes I have waiting for me with Skizzer are 4fters which im pretty confident will fit diagonally into my car but I dont think much else longer will, mind I have yet to actually try

There's no chance these will fit in an invacar or similar. The 8ft one only just fit in my Octavia estate.

They're ok where they are for now, but probably good to get a plan together to move them as I'm going to need the storage space back. I might be able to get them to the FoD at some point between now and winter, otherwise I would put a request in the shitely thread? 

while going back for something I came across again this excerpt I posted here a while ago

On 22/11/2019 at 22:35, LightBulbFun said:

so have this neat little excerpt from the 1985 edition of a brief pictorial history of the invalid tricycle

image.thumb.png.629fc5fc205b7c57725e37f287dcea3a.png

and its a slightly clearer picture of the Prototype Model 70 :) 

the script on the right is not thought to be totally accurate, its thought that its actually P5 thats pictured and not P6 (P6 is thought to be the first fitted with a steyr puch engine and was the first to have a widened track)

and it got me thinking I really should finally track down the original Photograph if possible and hope I can make out any more details for my research, it would be awesome to a nice clear picture of Prototype 5 :) 

research shows it was taken by Syndicate international Ltd and posted to a copy of the Sunday times before being picked up by Magic Carpet

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00850258

so I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about the Company if they held any archives that may contain the original picture/negative :) 

I did find this website which seems to hold a daily mirror picture archive of some kind but I have not been able to find any pictures of P5 in it

https://www.mirrorpix.com/

I did however find a couple other amusing/interesting Invacar/Model 70 related pics on it tho :) 

329852961_Screenshot2021-08-26at16_00_27.thumb.png.47290f2f4547716dc309c8fa78fa7353.png

419781623_Screenshot2021-08-26at16_07_49.thumb.png.bf7839a4d14bc2ed4d25da6fecc90e46.png

Syndication International were well-known back in the day and their archive will probably survive with another photo library, or it may have been split up, as some libraries specialise in particular subjects, so it is a question of trawling through.   Old-school, but you could start with the Writers and Artists Year Book which IIRC has a good listing of photo libraries and what they have.  

On 25/08/2021 at 00:43, Floatylight said:

Have you seen this, any help finding out the deeds from the engine no?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/833719430614567/

Screenshot_20210825-004146_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-003613_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-003527_Facebook.jpg

On 25/08/2021 at 10:55, LightBulbFun said:

ohh thats interesting

not a Model 70 I immediately recognise! although it does look familiar

I wonder who it sold to, I just checked with @adam1db and it was not him, but he said he will contact the seller and see if any more info can be got

its a shame the chassis plate picture is so low rez or id be able to ID the car!

240120705_10159273881036013_5515884889979251428_n.thumb.jpeg.f89f7f091003c88ca30f85fca56c4999.jpeg  

239279063_10159273880876013_6664384543531459519_n.thumb.jpeg.9c8366591d69ba64447b88d1707e46dd.jpeg

the bodge to replace the interior light is hilarious I dont think iv seen that done before

240458859_10159273881141013_2519962794375069059_n.thumb.jpeg.d5fc403333890e72d782d1f79b645f40.jpeg

it also has some curious roof damage, I wonder how it happened, did he reverse into a low hanging bar or very low bridge? LOL

240124499_10159273880736013_6660117493155952599_n.thumb.jpeg.3742652b8f53ad2066f798057ee89bd6.jpeg

if he just reversed into a wall it would of just clouted the rear end first

On 25/08/2021 at 17:55, AdgeCutler said:

Well, it seems it sold very quickly. I did start to make enquiries or at least a friend of mine did, I had a message sent to me this morning that a deposit had been taken. Model 70s continue to elude me.

On 25/08/2021 at 18:14, LightBulbFun said:

I was wondering how long it had been up for I was wondering was it one that had been for sale for a few days and flown under my radar or did it pop up and get sold very quickly

so thats good to know at least! but im sorry to hear you missed out on it, hopefully something will show up eventually :) 

just did some chasing up on this one :)

turns out it was been flogged on behalf of someone who found it 7 years ago in a scrap yard so I wonder if its one of the Model 70's iv been told about but do not have any pictures of...

not yet got a good picture of its chassis plate but hopefully I will soon then I can ID it and see which it is exactly :) 

its sadly been sold to the Walker family who run the Microcard World, so expect it to show up for sale again soon at an inflated price since that is what they do!

still might be worth for those here who want a Model 70 to keep an eye on, all hope might not yet be lost :) 

hopefully I can at least get its details and ID which it is etc and I hope stays in the UK at least!

just shame it fell to a reseller and not a genuine enthusiast first!

31 minutes ago, Coprolalia said:

Follow up with photos...

PXL_20210827_172633360.thumb.jpg.7387a49850fbeb09155cc25808c85c7c.jpg

PXL_20210827_172627690.thumb.jpg.61e11b48a948aa42a385d235f8e163be.jpg

PXL_20210827_172620647.thumb.jpg.cec72198b1eef91be18269ab833c4d02.jpg

PXL_20210827_172613381.thumb.jpg.d09090123659af53a40b1557900a2785.jpg

PXL_20210827_172604093.thumb.jpg.a62e8ad1963d2b19a68dfccded2c3d94.jpg

oh awesome! thanks for the additional pictures :)

theres a nice unintentional line up of Popular packs throughout history

starting with the 1960's Atlas 8ft Twin Super slim, then leading into the late 1960s with the Grey side Pop pack at the back, then to the early 1970's White sided 6ft popular pack next to the super slim

then into to the early 1980's with the Twin 5ft Pop pack with Universal T8/T12 egg shaped lamp holders and then finally a 6ft 1990's Thorn Pop pack with twist lock lamp holders complete with original  British made GE tube

The rare Atlas SuperFive tube is From 1971 and the very rare Crompton 8ft tube was made April 1970 :) (and made by British Lighting Industries aka Thorn, Atlas Mazda Ekco etc, for Crompton)

the other tubes are nice to see like the vintage Thorn and Sylvania T12s from the 1980s and 1990s

I very much am looking forward to getting ahold of the Atlas super slim Thorn popular packs especially  and their accompanying tubes :) 

if I can figure out how to get them down here!

On 8/26/2021 at 12:47 AM, LightBulbFun said:

Sorry, just saw this as I’m hardly ever on here any more. I drove basically past the Cylinders’ den the other day but stupidly didn’t have the foresight to put your tubes in the car when I left home.

I’ll probably be driving to London at some point in September so we could maybe arrange something. They’re still safe and well!

Edit: If/when this happens it should hopefully be straightforward for me to pick up @Coprolalia’s  stuff on the way as well, depending on timings etc.