LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

On 08/09/2022 at 17:39, Dick Longbridge said:

LBF - is @red5 still waiting on parts for yours? Must be almost ready, surely? 

I dont really know what the general status of things is currently sadly!

theres a few good things I know Red5 has sorted :), but theres  lso a fair amount things I know she could do with doing and have asked about, or Red5 said would be done, but which I have yet to get any confirmation if they had been done, or where still waiting in the queue, or  in need of something or another, which has above left me quite in the dark

but I know also Red5 has had to deal with a few things on his own end, so thats obviously taken priority and pushed REV back, 

I will admit I am starting to get a bit fidgety as her everything expires on the 1st of October so I really do need to know if she will be staying a few more months at university and thus I should declare her SORN (and save on the insurance/parking permits in the time being), or if she will be ready soon and thus renew everything as required (or such if Red5 still needs me to keep her Taxed and insured) and im still waiting to hear back on that 

but again due to the fact I know Red5 has been busy with other things im not sure he knows himself sadly

but as you say @red5 has still done a fair bit! so hopefully theres not too much more to go :) 

I know he was able to get the brakes working good, which is the primary reason she went up there (although im still waiting to hear what state the actual hardware is in, being single circuit brakes I want to make sure nothing is about to burst on me!)

and he has been sorting the whole carburettor woes which I know have been a major PITA for him! 

and he got the mechanical fuel pump working :) which you can read about here https://autoshite.com/topic/48690-fun-in-the-bath/

and last I heard he has been sorting out the choke and throttle cable, so things are happening :) 

(and there where a few other things he mentioned he would be doing, but as above I dont know what the status is on those)

so yeah thats why theres not been any posts on REV as I have not had much to report and I so I have just been keeping quiet and trusting in Red5 :) 

15 minutes ago, reb said:

Have we had this one?

IMG_20220908_193816.thumb.jpg.6164dc9da278324f885863121613a722.jpg

indeed we have, its MPH758P I believe, owned by the motability scheme 

heres also the queen next to RPF19R (owned by the Lakeland motor museum)

image.png

and finally here she with an unknown electric Stanley Argson Deluxe

GAW089.jpg

May she Rest in peace! she was an awesome women :) 

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I see a catalog of sorts is up for the Hammond collection

https://charterhouse-cars.com/the-hammond-microcar-collection

including the Acedes, but no mention any price estimates it seems

https://charterhouse-cars.com/product/ac-acedes-mark-ii

IMG_1976.thumb.jpg.103973f17bfc8149cb304e8aa054b034.jpg

Oh flippin heck I forgot they had the Astra chassis there. Damnit.

Anyway, here's another for you

1597412589_20220905_175454copy.thumb.jpg.5bd33eee4cf15e62e53abf5e6537c56a.jpg

28 minutes ago, barrett said:

Oh flippin heck I forgot they had the Astra chassis there. Damnit.

Anyway, here's another for you

1597412589_20220905_175454copy.thumb.jpg.5bd33eee4cf15e62e53abf5e6537c56a.jpg

oh cool! dont think i have seen that pic before, I wonder whats going on there with all the cars labeled up like that, some sort of show?

and yeah I was thinking of you when I saw the Astra Van chassis and had wondered if that was one of the things you might be bidding on :) 

which reminds me that Tippen Delta Mk2 rolling chassis I posted about a while back might be coming up for grabs if anyone is up for an interesting challenge? :) 

6 minutes ago, egg said:

That's a Steyr-Puch on the right, right? Or not....

IMG_1913.jpg

indeed I was wondering if anyone would notice that :) 

its right  out of an Invacar Model 70 Mark B complete with Exhaust and bits of chassis still attached! (its the same one I photographed in the Hammond thread)

it seems like they completely missed the Model 70 exhaust hanging from the roof tho! (to be fair the lady giving us the tour at the time had no idea what it was until I said so LOL)

Noticed on Flicker a couple more Buses and Invalid vehicle pictures have been uploaded :) 

first up this nice clear and high res picture of AC Model 70 KPA403K https://flic.kr/p/2nJeT74

52330185875_9a07dd257e_o.thumb.jpg.120ddd62c3f2b714ec182b3768d00be6.jpg

and for @Inspector Morose a nice colour photo of a Leyland National with TPJ946F a Model 67, AC Acedes Mk14 :) (sadly not of the 6 Fibreglass Acedes blocks I am missing)

https://flic.kr/p/2nJgjzB

52330466685_30b4c1e850_h.thumb.jpg.758f7bf78b3152d747fac9cc03e9d89f.jpg

Hmm...will keep an eye on that engine.  Hopefully not something I need, but superficially it looks to have been *reasonably* well stored compared to many, so could yeild a decent number of useful spares without touching the core.  Exhaust is worthy of note itself as they very much don't grow on trees any more, dynastart and of course the carb are also worth looking at.  If the engine bay tinwork is still present and in good shape that's got to be worth a few quid - or at the very least using to make templates to make new ones.  That's something which is quite well buggered on TPA and I really should look at sorting one day.

Sadly I suspect as it's bundled with a bunch of other things which are likely to be significantly more valuable it'll probably go for more than I can justify on some "it would be nice peace of mind" spares.

21 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Hmm...will keep an eye on that engine.  Hopefully not something I need, but superficially it looks to have been *reasonably* well stored compared to many, so could yeild a decent number of useful spares without touching the core.  Exhaust is worthy of note itself as they very much don't grow on trees any more, dynastart and of course the carb are also worth looking at.  If the engine bay tinwork is still present and in good shape that's got to be worth a few quid - or at the very least using to make templates to make new ones.  That's something which is quite well buggered on TPA and I really should look at sorting one day.

Sadly I suspect as it's bundled with a bunch of other things which are likely to be significantly more valuable it'll probably go for more than I can justify on some "it would be nice peace of mind" spares.

I have been chatting to someone who knows a guy involved with the collection to figure out if anything can be done to ensure LPD806D goes to a good home

ill also mention the Model 70 engine to them and see if anything can be done regarding that as well :) 

I believe the engine has all the tinwork still, it was literally cut out of a Model 70! heres a picture I snapped of it when I was visiting, although I dont think anyone knows the story of it, at least the lady giving us the tour had no idea until I pointed it all out 

image.png

(I wonder if it still has the Model 70 flywheel and clutch shoes on the rear?) it is worth noting I do recall seeing a hole in the exhaust, it didn't look rusty tho, just holed if that makes sense so I wonder if it could be patched

and heres a picture of the other exhaust hanging from the roof, I was not kidding when I mentioned that above LOL

image.png

2 hours ago, egg said:

Yes, unclear at the mo whether we are looking at individual items or just a bunch of job lots for automobilia, diecast, signage etc.

Yeah, hopefully the listings get a bit more info in closer to the date.  Pretty sure one of the photographed engines was from a 2CV which I imagine would be worth more than the Steyr-Puch one...Plus I really don't have room for many random engines sitting around!

On 06/02/2021 at 18:22, LightBulbFun said:

for @barrett a pitch-side Vernon invalid car :)

image.thumb.png.580a7a720182f0984dec562d9e097e33.png

(which is clearly a colourised Black and white photo because Vernon's are not blue!)

and for @quicksilver 

a Battleship grey Tippen Delta!

image.thumb.png.e8982c9851e097d44425acf0803494d2.png

also someone needs to check the alignment of the printer at the DVLA LOL

image.thumb.png.0018cac8dad1218152c04d4862ac0c97.png

this time it seems like the DVLA heeded my words and got the printer aligned LOL

image.thumb.png.a0a2b2b0ec5893ad0b699670248b3a3e.png

also amusingly, another (with reference to my last V11Z post) odd coloured Tippen Delta popped up today LOL

https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshharlequin/52292865142/

52292865142_79beff06fc_o.thumb.jpg.89a11e0f4aad39228fe263e487120dfe.jpg

really curious what the details on this one is, not one I knew about before now, although the reg mark seems oddly familiar, maybe thats just the already known reg block familiarity showing through

with the slightly knobbly tyres and the 2 tone dark green matt paint job it looks a lot like some sort of Military vehicle like an Autoshite version of those Opel Senators the Army used to go behind east german lines (I wonder does it have a lighting kit to imitate a Simson Duo in the dark? :mrgreen: ) 

sadly its not DVLA live so I cant pull any details on it which is a shame, because if its genuinely not blue, that means its a private example! and private Tippen Delta chassis numbers are one of the few left I have yet to fully figure out sadly

(have been looking at the paint chips to see if I can figure out what it is underneath the paint job but its hard to say)

1 hour ago, egg said:

Picture taken on 17th August - wonder if you can work out which car show it was at that day? Implies Flickr user lives in Wales.

I think the colour combo looks pretty smart.

His Flickr name is a breed of duck, it seems...

@LightBulbFun - as he is on Flickr, why not join it yourself and message him to ask where he took the photo and if by any chance he found out any more information about it?

https://www.flickr.com/people/welshharlequin/

57 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

The lighting looks more like a greyhound or speedway  track but I can't think of any with that size grandstand apart from possibly the old Wembley 🤔🤔

Yes, the lighting bothered me too. Does look like Greyhounds.

6 hours ago, AdgeCutler said:

Just to prove Brian has not been forgotten but rather put on hold due to life becoming too hectic, I finally managed another very small step. The tailpipe expansion chamber is now made and ready for brazing.

D1D9ED01-3BE0-42BA-AC0E-8785E46B4706.jpeg

Awesome to see little bits of brian still progressing! 

speaking of Mk12E's this photo popped up on facebook today 

306824092_10158618097202337_1667529310897456222_n.thumb.jpeg.cfbe136e3b2ebc048ac5bfe43b2a239b.jpeg

which as well as being quite a nice photo in itself, is also quite fun in that, not only is it a picture of a K suffix Mk12E of which only about 320 where made

but I know that examples from both blocks, both a CPC-H Model 67 and PEV-K Mk12E are known to still survive amazingly! so this photo could be recreated with a surprising amount of accuracy :) which would be quite fun to do!

and also amazingly thats not the first time CPC443H has been pictured! (its "just" a Model 67 not one known to survive or anything sadly, so the statical chances of it randomly being pictured twice is quite something!)

image.thumb.png.e082115236214c617b1b58e0fddd8ec9.png

oh and as a Side note @Datsuncog I was speaking to the chap who has UOI and clarified, it was 15 cars not 50 which fits better into how many Model 70s I know roughly where issued to NI and the general survival curves of Model 70's in ministry service

I've been dropping in and out of this thread for a few years.
The one thing I have observed, is that, invalid carriages should be confined to museums or displays in private collections.
Why any sane person would want to take one of those death traps on the highway, is beyond reason. Something that is so unstable, that a couple of guys could grab and tip on its side is downright dangerous.
LBF, abandon your dream of getting wiped out in it. Spend a few quid on an moted car, then you can get out, get a job, and hence by more light bulbs.
Job jobbed.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk