LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, Model 70 survivors list on page 24, pre Model 70 AC and Invacar survivors lists on page 134 :)

LightBulbFun

On 7/15/2021 at 10:46 AM, LightBulbFun said:

I think what you spotted twas an early Reliant Regal rather than any sort of invalid vehicle (unless im missing something?)

but I appreciate the thought/sharing of the video regardless :) 

image.thumb.png.876db30ed17406215b1d49bdd4e34895.png

Mk2 Regal van, just like the one I had. A very rare beast...

1962 Harding electric force ale, 1500 BINs, Sunderland

216872021_624195188971589_39006766749396

1962 Harding electric body tricycle full v5 Mot exempt In mint condition for age could do with a clean and bit tlc but it's very rare and a chance to own a real head Turner and piece of history From what a can see part from tlc and a few bits she's good but she is what she is 100% electric cool classic tricycle 😉 view and collection from Sunderland area

8 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

1962 Harding electric force ale, 1500 BINs, Sunderland

216872021_624195188971589_39006766749396

1962 Harding electric body tricycle full v5 Mot exempt In mint condition for age could do with a clean and bit tlc but it's very rare and a chance to own a real head Turner and piece of history From what a can see part from tlc and a few bits she's good but she is what she is 100% electric cool classic tricycle 😉 view and collection from Sunderland area

ah cool! had not seen that particular for sale listing, thanks for the heads up :)  its been a while I have seen that one it first popped up for sale by the same people who are selling the 2 Harding Electrics that are on ebay currently

On 22/03/2019 at 20:36, LightBulbFun said:

another Electric invalid carriage has cropped up for sale https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1092322

must be the season for them or something!

I do wonder why its been given an age related plate when in the photos it seems to be wearing something else if not the orignial? (maybe its been plate raped and stuck on retention as the original? plate does not show up on the DVLA)

heres a link to the first one that popped up for sale  https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1083987

what are the chances of that 2 harding electric ICs for sale at the same time LOL :)

your link is sadly broken but if it really is only £1500 then the guy is making one hell of a loss on it, IIRC it was flogged for about £5K last time! (if it really sold for that mind, that was just what it was listed for)

https://www.motorcyclesunlimited.co.uk/1948-harding-mobility-scooter-for-sale/

it was originally JJK671, but has been re-registered under the age related plate 869XVE (and incorrectly registered as a Tricycle, it should be registered as an invalid vehicle) as I guess they did not have enough evidence to V765 for the original plate (which since my post in 2019 I can tell is not on retention or such)

so I do wonder how they where even able to register it in the first place as you still need a proof of age for that and there are not many people who can provide that for invalid carriages

4 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Do you want me to copy the pics onto the thread?

chair.thumb.jpg.f56d857a91103a4b9b181fd69b614f45.jpg

ah thanks for the screenshot thats allowed to me to find a working link :) 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/471470399538452/posts/4560379843980800

(or at least a link that works on my end!)

I appreciate the offer on dumping the photos, but I should be able to dump them directly from facebook into my invalid vehicle photo archive now :) 

just realised I had this neat photo of both @AdgeCutler's Brian (KPU147J) and @adam1db's  (ex @Zelandeth, @OliD-E) KPL (KPL139P) on a trailer together being rescued from Oddingly where they had sat previously for many years, since 1991 in for KPL and since 1979 for KPU!

200277559_153412303510941_6998888125423116400_n.thumb.jpg.7d26f51cebc7d13e41a678eac4e374cc.jpg

its fitting how they where rescued together who would of thought a few years later they would have both ended up on the same forum together and be under going extensive restorations at the same time :) 

it would be nice/fun to reunite the pair someday once their restorations are complete :) (although you may have a hard time convincing people they where the same cars!)

Absolutely fantastic, thanks for sharing it Dez and would I be allowed to do so?

Still plodding along with bits and bobs for Brian, made up a few new brackets etc., the originals having nearly corroded away but thankfully enough left to get a pattern. The front panel has had a good rub down, been primered and rubbed down again ready for another coat of primer, most pock marks and crazing have been eliminated.  There are two gaiters, one for the steering rod to pass through to the front wheel and one for the gear linkage to pass through to the rear. One of these gaiters was mouse eaten and both very stiff and just basically knackered. These were handed to a friend who a day later handed me two new items. 

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

27 minutes ago, AdgeCutler said:

Absolutely fantastic, thanks for sharing it Dez and would I be allowed to do so?

No problem! and yeah you can use/share it no problem :) 

27 minutes ago, AdgeCutler said:

Still plodding along with bits and bobs for Brian, made up a few new brackets etc., the originals having nearly corroded away but thankfully enough left to get a pattern. The front panel has had a good rub down, been primered and rubbed down again ready for another coat of primer, most pock marks and crazing have been eliminated.  There are two gaiters, one for the steering rod to pass through to the front wheel and one for the gear linkage to pass through to the rear. One of these gaiters was mouse eaten and both very stiff and just basically knackered. These were handed to a friend who a day later handed me two new items. 

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

pleased to see work on Brian is continuing to go well :) 

those gaiters look very fancy! and its interesting to see as I  never realised the Invacar Mk12 used any sort of gaiter like that!

6 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I know you had been asking for some photos of this, so while rain stops play at the miniature railway I've taken a couple. 

IMG_20210725_172001.thumb.jpg.9e9a271244df2e7f60b52bf2aa9ed9bd.jpg

IMG_20210725_172008.thumb.jpg.f397e2a4321faf8df46724c601fb01cc.jpg

IMG_20210725_172012.thumb.jpg.06313fbd524e86ca0f8f54bce45b08d3.jpg

very cool! (its a shame you dont have the rest of it!) thanks for the grabbing the photos, that is indeed an Electric Stanley Argson or Solocar speed control head

I wonder which it came off of they both used the same control scheme invented by Leonard Murphy :)