LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

4 hours ago, cms206 said:

A number of Scottish Routemasters ended up on both xDS-A and xDS-B suffix plates ISTR.

(Typically I can't find an example of what I had mentioned, but Strathtay's Routemaster SR6 (821 DYE) ended up as YSL 32B.

Aye yeah, being a Routemaster enthusiast since an early age those where some of the first number plate shenanigans I had encountered 

I remember asking people about them and they said those where "mickey mouse" number plates LOL :) (I guess you dont tell a then 8 year old they were plate raped!)

a lot of clydeside scottish RMs ended up with xDS-A registrations, I tried to find a B reg one but could not sadly in my brief search 

the B reg example you give with YSL32B ex 821DYE makes sense since DYE is from 1964, so like 9771KR above would have been given a B reg rather then an A reg, as an age related plate

so still doesn't explain EFD326B sadly

on the Acedes front I did a bit more research and confirmed that Ministry cars where registered in big blocks back then

I knew with the Acedes Mk14 Model 67 they where registered in blocks of 100/200, like Model 70's where, but I was not sure on the Metal Acedes Model 57 front if back in the early 1960's they did this practice as well

however using the knowledge of these 2 cars existence in time (FPD167B and FPD214B) and a bit of DVLA bashing tells me that indeed there where blocks this far back, FPD-B spanning FPD151B-FPD250B, this further makes me think that the above Acedes I found are all private examples as none are part of any block of sorts and just stand alone.

7013548425_cb4ebea54c_h.jpg

Braybrook-Street-murders.jpg

I've just had a quick look through my photos and it seems most of my visits were pre date rape time (1985 to 87 I think) but I did find this which I think you'll also appreciate for the home made plate. 

IMG_20200203_152055.thumb.jpg.349c725f66a02d668eebb65ba8777b9a.jpg

This is RM 1932. It was the August Bank Holiday 1987 at a bus rally at a transport museum somewhere near Dunbar I think, the memory is a bit hazy now. We arrived on RML 903 on the right. It was a four day trip from Finchley Garage to Glasgow and Edinburgh. 

I'm sure one of my books upstairs may have details of the re registrations but I'm not entirely sure. 

1 hour ago, cms206 said:

RM1630 ended up as EDS 537B, Magicbus also had a Routemaster registered EDS 508B.

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

I've just had a quick look through my photos and it seems most of my visits were pre date rape time (1985 to 87 I think) but I did find this which I think you'll also appreciate for the home made plate. 

IMG_20200203_152055.thumb.jpg.349c725f66a02d668eebb65ba8777b9a.jpg

This is RM 1932. It was the August Bank Holiday 1987 at a bus rally at a transport museum somewhere near Dunbar I think, the memory is a bit hazy now. We arrived on RML 903 on the right. It was a four day trip from Finchley Garage to Glasgow and Edinburgh. 

I'm sure one of my books upstairs may have details of the re registrations but I'm not entirely sure. 

very cool stuff :) (its weird its all coming back to me, its been a good few years since I looked at that period of Routemaster history and all the registrations are like "ohh yeah!" :)

nice little trip down memory lane for me, I miss riding on Routemasters...

22 minutes ago, keef said:

We had this one yet? - 4476605408_d5cf2b871f_z.jpg

that one is JNJ135L one of the very few Model 70's sold privately, for some strange reason it wont show up at all on the DVLA checker, (but does show up on the MOT checker) but is confirmed to survive still thankfully

On 2/23/2019 at 12:15 PM, LightBulbFun said:

JNJ135L, AC, Date of first registration 5th of April 1973,  Current status: Unknown, thought to be in Yorkshire, notable for being one of the very few Model 70's sold privately, Tax status Unknown 2 MOTs in 2012

image.png.9918b235fb25bf3e39ead75b05acdf3c.png

or this? :- 

IMG_1955.jpg

ahh the one that started this thread :) the "DNX" car

an-abandoned-ac-invacar-in-hackney-wick-london-BA1XKE.jpg

I really would love to know what happened to that one, see the very start of this thread! :) 

from what I know it from google earth imagery, I think vanished from that spot in 2011, but I still plan to go look for it when REV is on the road

that one is Q202LDV, its in sweden now, sadly I dont currently know its real ID/registration number yet

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 03.26.02.png

"TLX233" is another unknown one sadly (also in sweden, owned by the same guy, for sale for €10K!!)

31 minutes ago, keef said:

@LightBulbFunYou need to post a database or spreadsheet of all these cars with a (url to) picture. ;)

You run through the howmanyleft figures yet?

Page 24 Post 12 on that page :) 

https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-phase-2-finding-a-suitable-driving-schoolinstructor-getting-lessons-and-a-licence-25th-lesson-had-an-epic-trailer/?do=findComment&comment=1753903

(for future reference if you see a quoted post and want to jump to where that quoted post is from, click on this little arrow image.png.9dae57f629832eafeb4bd4043993b422.png thats in the top right of the quote box :) and it will take you to the original post)

I have checked out howmanyleft, however I dont think theres any way to get registration numbers from it, so its not much good for me sadly

(especially on the AC side of things, as AC (ELECTRIC) was used for all AC vehicles not just their invalid vehicle)

a Blue AC (ELECTRIC) could either be an AC Model 70 or an AC Cobra no way of knowing, without further details LOL

but the numbers are interesting to see

20 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Page 24 Post 12 on that page :) 

Cool.

I still haven't managed to read the whole thread yet! ;)

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ac_(electric)_missing 209 licenced and 74 SORN looking at year manufactured might help a bit. ;) https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ac_(electric)_missing#!manufacture

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ac_missing 190 licenced and 86 SORN again https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ac_missing#!manufacture

2 minutes ago, keef said:

Cool.

I still haven't managed to read the whole thread yet! ;)

haha, there is a thread index on page 1 post 1 if you want to see notable discoveries etc made in this thread :) 

indeed I do wonder about the Invacar numbers there is a Jump of 20 between 2014 Q2 and 2014 Q4

there is a company called invacare that make mobility scooters and other disability equipment and I wonder if the jump is to to with that with some good old DVLA shenanigans added to the mix (someone missing the E etc when registering their mobility scooter)

I know (sadly) that of all the known surviving Invacars there are not 50 taxed Invacars sadly, so I do wonder what its all about!

(I do notice that for year of mfg HML reports several from 2005+ which would definitely not be actual invacars)

You are far too quick at answering, as I usually have to edit my posts a couple of times after checking facts. ;)

Yes, I have referred to the index, but the thread is just too big. It really needs to be seperated so that other cars are in another as are buses and yet another for DVLA screen shots etc. ;)

Increase in numbers is obviously down to this thread. LOL

The 2005 manufactured invacars are obviously those made in India. ;)

18 minutes ago, keef said:

You are far too quick at answering, as I usually have to edit my posts a couple of times after checking facts. ;)

Yes, I have referred to the index, but the thread is just too big. It really needs to be seperated so that other cars are in another as are buses and yet another for DVLA screen shots etc. ;)

Increase in numbers is obviously down to this thread. LOL

haha yeah I have been known for catching people out like that!

almost everything in this thread is to do with or links back to Invalid vehicles in one or another, so splitting it up would not do much good! for example all the DVLA stuff is to do with helping me track down and help known surviving invalid vehicles

knowing how the DVLA works, comes in very handy for finding registration numbers, sending for V5s, knowing what will and wont show up etc, plus I find it quite fascinating on its own :) 

see the Q231PVL/MPH759P part of this thread for a good example of how I figured out how the chassis numbers of the Model 70 worked, and then through that figured out Q231PVLs real registration number :) 

(and this is still my general ramble thread, so it may divert to other vehicular interests and other hobbies of mine from to time :) or for example in the earlier pages of this thread, I documented my fight with the government over some disability benefits I was/am entitled to)

37 minutes ago, keef said:

sadly the year of Mfg is only of partial help

remember AC Produced Invalid vehicles from 1950 to 1978, and I still have all the AC Aces Cobras 3000ME's etc messing up the numbers

(The AC All weather Tricycle between 1950-1952 the Metal AC Acedes from 1957 to 1972, the AC Model 64 between 1958 and 1972, the AC Acedes Mk14/14A/15 Model 67 between 1967-1971 and the Model 70  from 1970/1971 to 1978)

and then on top of all of this I have no idea how the not taxed for on road use vehicles come into play here

if you want a fun one check out the Tippen Delta page!

On 1/8/2020 at 8:51 PM, LightBulbFun said:

heres a interesting one I had last night, I was idley checking the Tippen Delta out on how many left and I noticed it was showing as 2 licenced from 1974

image.thumb.png.dba8d3fc784034bc340ec422339f2821.png

now I only know of 1 surviving 1974 Tippen Delta YTB768N, which is showing not taxed for on road use (I dont actually know of any Tippen Delta that is Taxed and insured sadly)

and also I have at some point or another checked every 1970+ Tippen delta that shows up on the DVLA documented and none where showing as taxed

so I was about to go double check things, when I suddenly realised,

does being "Not taxed for on road use" count as being licenced or SORN or unlicensed?

further mysterfied by the fact (before the DVLA checker changed) some not taxed for on road use vehicles would come up as "Tax not due" where as others would say "not taxed" and I even caught a good number at one point all showing "taxed and due" for a while 

as documented here https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-phase-2-finding-a-suitable-driving-schoolinstructor-getting-lessons-and-a-licence-18th-lesson-had-mum-wants-a-car/?do=findComment&comment=1894639

sadly with the most recent DVLA checker update, it no longer reports the actual tax status and just has the same "not taxed for on road use" text from the green box

(I will double check the 1974 portion of my Tippen Delta chassis list to be safe!)

another one is the fact that, Stanley is completely missing from how many left!

as mentioned now a couple days ago! I ran all the ministry Model 44 Stanley argson electric chassis numbers through my tool

(by all I mean from number 1 to where i suspect the production ended at around 1900-2000, after which I stopped getting results)

and here is a list of all the ones I managed to dig up :) 

the interesting this is just how relatively, many survived into the 1980s and still show up on the DVLA as a result, all the machines here are from the 1950's and most ended their days in the 1980s some even making it into the 1990s! which is impressive given the 7 year life spans the MoH gave machines back then! (the longest surviving machines would of been 40 years old by their end)

compared to any other 1950's invalid vehicle this amount showing up still is unheard of!, to give some context, I dont actually know of any other 1950's MoH invalid vehicle that still shows up on the DVLA be it an AC, an Invacar, Harper, Barret, etc sadly (I know of a few private examples that do mainly survivors, but nothing from the ministry still shows up even those that survive)

good proof that the Argson users really did not want to give up their machines! (or at least not without a suitable replacement)

as I documented before, the MoH's intended replacement for the Argson was the Model 64, but the Model 64 was a full bodied machine and to make matters worse very slow

electric Machines where used a lot by their users in the same way today someone might use a Mobility scooter, compared to the user of a petrol machine that would be used much like someone uses a normal car, but the Model 64 being a full bodied machine limited their ability to act like a mobility scooter of sorts

and to make matters worse, the Model 64 was very slow, and while previous electric machines may not have been the fastest either, they where still faster (on account of not being so relatively bulky), and they where small so could stay out the way of traffic etc (much like a mobility scooter) but you could not do that in a Model 64, so a lot of Argson users bitterly held onto their machines for as long as possible 

and with a lot of complaining to the MoH, this is how the Electric tippen delta was born (the Tippen Delta being a narrow machine so once more being able to stay out of the way of traffic, sadly I don't know the performance metrics for an electric tippen!)

I have to say it must of been something to see a 1950's Argson hurtle down the road among all the 1980s cars back then!, still Hope I can someday find such a 1980s picture of an argson or other open body invalid carriage mingling among (then) modern traffic :) 

PPC38 

PPG64 

PPK205 

PPL431 

PPL787 

RPD207 

RPF166 

RPJ348 

SPA723 

SPB556 

SPD104 

SPD109 

SPD977 

SPF563 

SPJ336 

SPK563 

SPK692 

SPK694 

TPA107 

TPB964 

TPH997 

TPK353 

TPK355 

TPK357 

TPK467 

UPD103 

UPD104

UPE657 

UPE661 

UPG269 

VPA434 

VPF329 

VPF393 

VPH141 

VPH204 

VPJ549 

VPL702 

WPB308 

WPE81 

WPE27 

XPD805 

(its worth noting there could still be a few more lurking on the system with miss typed chassis numbers etc or random periods in the middle of the chassis numbers!)

30 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

No my suggestion was you get the train to Reading, get in my car, I drop you to fod en route to brum. I do my shiz up in brum, pick you up on way back and drop you back at station. You can use my tools etc so you dont have to lug anything on the tube with you....

ah cool my apologies for not quite getting it the first couple times!

good to know :) once more I very much appreciate the offer and ill keep it in mind! always good to know I have multiple ways of getting to the FoD!

(my current method is to public transport my way to MKC as there is a nice quick direct train from London Euston to Milton keynes central, and hope someone can pick me up from the station and drop me back off again, obviously checking that before I set out so im not left stranded at MKC LOL)

I look forward to when REV and I are on the road so Im not burdened by the (literial) pain of public transport and dont have to be a bother to others to ferry me around

had my 26th driving lesson yesterday :) 

sadly did not go as good as my 25th, was hoping I could keep it up, hopefully ill do better for my 27th! (it is like that sometimes 2 steps forward 1 step back, id like to be a bit more consistent by now!)

had an amusing one, cant quite recall if this was at the start of last lesson or yesterday's lesson 

but one of the things you do during a test these days is follow a satnav for part of it, so obviously you practice that during lessons etc

so he set the sat nav and told me to follow it for thats what we are doing for the lesson, but theres been quite a lot of road works going on here,

so I start driving, and sat nav tells me to go one direction but i get told to ignore that and go another way, and this went on for a few turns before he decided to write off the satnav idea, and I found it amusing :)

(even when we did it before the roadworks it was not the best at navigating and he had to "override" it for a couple turns LOL)

next lesson is on Friday :)

I see @quicksilver has updated his blog with an entry on the model Model 70's :) (borrowing my title too :mrgreen: ) 

https://rustyoldrubbish.blogspot.com/2020/02/a-model-model-70.html

I have asked simon if he knows anything about it, I doubt it, but figured it would be worth checking! not heard back from him yet on that tho

and on that note im wondering @dollywobbler did you know of this beforehand? :) I know you measured TWC up for the guy who makes the 1/43rd scale Model 70's,  so im wondering if you where contacted by oxford for those details? :)

(I wonder would anyone know who you might contact at oxford to ask them about such details? of like where did they get the measurements from etc it might fun to shoot them an email or something :) )

im also curious as to the legal side of things, just who owns the rights to the Model 70 design these days?

• LightBulbFun changed the title to Invacar Model 70 Acquired! and general ramble thread, index on page 1, Phase 2: finding a suitable driving school/instructor getting lessons and a licence! 26th lesson had! an epic* trailer

you know I was looking at the picture, and you can see they have modeled correctly, orange front indicators so unless they knew to correct it, I dont think this was modeled from TWC, since she has non standard 2CV clear indicator lenses

76INV001_3552389_Qty1_cat1.jpg.d0ac1e038b7d82c44f3de5bfd51e412b.jpg

(another thing is the silver wheels would indicate it was modeled from a 10 inch car, since 12 inch cars always had black wheels, although I dont know if oxford just puts silver wheels on everything or not!)

also another interesting or more amusing thing, the whole not taxed for on road use thing, seems to mess up the ULEZ checker LOL

take HPK975K for example an AC Model 64, an electric vehicle, that shows up as not taxed for on road use, is coming up as £100 daily charge for ULEZ, which in itself is weird because ULEZ is £12.50 daily, let alone the fact the vehicle is electric LOL

image.thumb.png.a984d9a93f9aa8fe13eaa373cf39c485.png

What’s your personal plans for spannering on REV then, LightBulb?

I recall reading a post of yours where you said you hope to - with help - have it on the road by May or something. 
You planning to take up Wingz offer of a lift to the FoD and get stuck in? If I was you, I’d be making solo trips to get the simple, but still sometimes time consuming jobs ticked off the list (that is to say that they may not be very involved but may take longer than expected), then save the more complicated tasks for when folk are willing and able to assist. This would be a good use of all of the spare time you have at present, and gets you familiar with the vehicle.

I assume you have started acquiring tools now, too? (You will need tools to work on the vehicle, undoing and doing any fasteners etc)

The fine weather of late has me thinking of dusting my classic off shortly (hibernating since Oct).

May will soon be upon you, so get cracking!

25 minutes ago, overrun said:

What’s your personal plans for spannering on REV then, LightBulb?

I recall reading a post of yours where you said you hope to - with help - have it on the road by May or something. 
You planning to take up Wingz offer of a lift to the FoD and get stuck in? If I was you, I’d be making solo trips to get the simple, but still sometimes time consuming jobs ticked off the list (that is to say that they may not be very involved but may take longer than expected), then save the more complicated tasks for when folk are willing and able to assist. This would be a good use of all of the spare time you have at present, and gets you familiar with the vehicle.

I assume you have started acquiring tools now, too? (You will need tools to work on the vehicle, undoing and doing any fasteners etc)

The fine weather of late has me thinking of dusting my classic off shortly (hibernating since Oct).

May will soon be upon you, so get cracking!

thats a good question, indeed I really want to have REV ready by may because may 1-3rd is when shitefest is taking place and I really want to make it there in REV :) 

I have thought about solo trips, but I have 2 main concerns with that,

one, while I know things in theory, I have very little practical experience actually spannering on cars, so I would want someone with more experience with me to safeguard against any mistakes etc

and the other thing is, I feel a bit vulnerable working on REV at the FoD on my own, if something was to happen Im not sure what id do! (especially with my own disability at play here)

tools is another thing,  that I still need to sort out, a while back halfords had a good offer/deal going on a 200 piece socket/ratchet/spanner set thingy, but sadly it was pick up only in store, so I was not able to grab one but I am thinking something along those lines, if anyone has any good recommendations on tool sets im all ears :) 

but yeah im a bit worried about things, im not sure what to do about it!

2 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

Ok, what does REV need? Fuel take was an issue, do you know if more or does that need to be looked at.

Are you happy to use it MOT exempt or do you want to get it tested?

the list is

Fuel tank as you know, needs either repairing or replacing (ie have a new one made up)

Fuel lines I want to replace as I know they are crusty

Brakes need at a minimum a fluid change but probably more, you don't want to take risks with brakes! (as the brake fluid thats in there looks like Maple syrup, and its not supposed to look like maple syrup, and, if you push down hard on the handlebars she will stop but pull to one side quite a bit!)

some Electrical work, get all the lights working, im pretty sure just the inevitable bad grounds because fibreglass car, and a set of new headlamps because her current ones are pretty sad (cracked lenses and rusted reflectors)

and new tyres, a new wiper blade and a full service obviously (engine oil and filter change at a minimum I have already changed the air filter, but id also like to change the gearbox and diff oil as well as do all the grease points if possible)

those are the main issues im aware of preventing REV from being road worthy

nothing overly difficult, I dont think? and I believe i have most if not all the spare parts already to enact those repairs, 

for example even if all the brake hardware on REV needs changing, im pretty sure I have all the parts, new shoes, new wheel cylinders, master cylinder etc,  I think the only major thing I lack I think is the main brake lines themselves but that's not hard to make up if needed, I do have spare flexies and assorted smaller brake lines)

(im happy to use her MOT exempt, just want to make sure she is roadworthy, an MOT would be nice at some point in time but im not going to worry about that currently)

it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on these issues etc :) 

I would think a couple of decent dry weekends of work with REV on hardstanding would see her sorted. REV needs to be self-mobile to come out of the paddock when the ground dries out sufficiently to get her out of there. I know Model 70s don't weigh much, but it's still sufficient to get her stuck in the soft ground (and many of us have experienced that at the FoD!).

In addition to the list above, I'd advocate getting everything cleaned up and greased around the moving parts such as steering, hubs and any pivot points; checking, re-greasing and tightening up as required the wheelbearings; removing, cleaning, refitting and greasing the grease nipples and generally cleaning and lubricating anything that moves.

Sadly this time of year isn't conducive to any of the above, but if we get a dry weekend and I have the time, I'll have a go at getting the fuel tank out and see what it needs. With luck it can be resolved with Petropatch or similar. As we head into March/April, the ground and weather conditions should get better and make it easier to do more meaningful work up there.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, Mrs6C said:

I would think a couple of decent dry weekends of work with REV on hardstanding would see her sorted. REV needs to be self-mobile to come out of the paddock when the ground dries out sufficiently to get her out of there. I know Model 70s don't weigh much, but it's still sufficient to get her stuck in the soft ground (and many of us have experienced that at the FoD!).

In addition to the list above, I'd advocate getting everything cleaned up and greased around the moving parts such as steering, hubs and any pivot points; checking, re-greasing and tightening up as required the wheelbearings; removing, cleaning, refitting and greasing the grease nipples and generally cleaning and lubricating anything that moves.

Sadly this time of year isn't conducive to any of the above, but if we get a dry weekend and I have the time, I'll have a go at getting the fuel tank out and see what it needs. With luck it can be resolved with Petropatch or similar. As we head into March/April, the ground and weather conditions should get better and make it easier to do more meaningful work up there.

ah cool, thats good to know that you think something similar :) sounds like a good plan!

indeed I would like to get things greased and lubed up if possible! (I hear modern grease guns ain't much cop sadly, hopefully someone has something decent!)

yeah, the fuel tank was not leaking profusely I dont think so I am hoping its just a small patchable  hole as you say, I appreciate the offer to try and get it it out for me :) 

(I also hope it would  not be horribly bad, because this fuel tank was fitted to REV just before I got her, I imagine if the fuel tank was seriously holed, then than John the previous owner would have noticed it)

had my 27th lesson yesterday :)

went better then the previous lesson im pleased to report, 

we did finally do more sat nav following, decided to just roll with the satnav and let it take us the long way round (once we got past the roadworks round here of course)

and we got a few maneuvers done too, so must have still made good time!

(he did mention the emergency stop, but only wants to do that just before the actual test, as its not very kind to the car! im curious as to just where they are going to do that! I cant think of many places in London where you can get up to a good speed then slam on the brakes without getting punted up the arse from behind LOL)

next lesson is on tuesday :) 

• LightBulbFun changed the title to Invacar Model 70 Acquired! and general ramble thread, index on page 1, Phase 2: finding a suitable driving school/instructor getting lessons and a licence! 27th lesson had! an epic* trailer
13 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

on the Model 64 front, Cheque has finally arrived yay!

so ill get the V62 and Cheque filled out later today (when someone with good handwriting is in the house!) and hopefully sent off ASAP :) 

If you aren't sure of the legibility of your handwriting, you could try completing the form/cheque in pencil first (lightly) using capital letters only for the words (a slightly bigger capital letter as the capital one in each case) then when you're happy with the legibility, spacing etc. copy over the pencil in a black ink pen that flows well, so that it's easy to trace the letters. A clunky biro that stops the ink rolling every half letter isn't good! When the ink is perfectly dry, rub out the pencilwork. This is what I do when I'm filling in forms and it works well for me.

That way you can draft the words as you want them to appear and correct them if needed before committing them to ink.

a few more Invalid carriages all the way over in NZ at about 8:45 in :) 

@dollywobbler you didn't happen to grabbed any info on the Nelco solocar or the (what im pretty sure is a) Stanley Argson behind it did you?  

they are not ones on anyone's list I dont THINK (I have checked with stuart but still waiting for a response) so it would be good to know details, especially as the Argson looks to possibly have a British plate on it still :) 

speaking Stanley Argsons, when I was running the chassis numbers and came across PPL787 I couldent help but feel like I had seen that registration before

On 1/31/2020 at 12:35 AM, LightBulbFun said:

this is interesting, came across PPL787 a Stanley Argson Model 44, when running Model 44 chassis numbers through my tool

the interesting thing about it, is it "acts" exactly like JNJ135L does

it shows up in 3rd party tools, shows up in the MOT checker, but WONT show up in the main DVLA/tax checker 

image.thumb.png.9894b472665ae4df3d24807238f59424.png

and like JNJ135L it does not have a CoD, that would normally cause such a situation...

image.thumb.png.8a65881683d376e6789f75d821c4b2d7.png

I really do wonder why these 2 vehicles wont show up on the DVLA checker themselves, and what would you do as an owner of one! (I guess call the DVLA about it?)

its interesting to note that when I try and check the Tax status of both with my 3rd party I get a null result, I wonder if somehow the taxation status for these 2 vehicles has been corrupted or went missing

and as such the DVLA checker for some reason cant handle this and refuses to show the vehicle?  it is worth noting that for CoD issued vehicles the taxation info also returns null on 3rd party tools

(little bit frustrating too, as PPL787 has a some slight oddities about its info, that make me curious for its tax due date)

and I wasn't wrong! http://rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=5537.0

image_123923953_kindlephoto-76859435.thumb.jpg.a207b53b12e78cc250290b9372970279.jpg

Looks like its a survivor :) (and possible one that was in service for a long time going by the 12 inch wheel fitted at the front)

I find it a bit amusing he, doesn't know the chassis number of it, meanwhile I came across it (again) via its chassis number!

and one for @Datsuncog another NI registried Runnymede, JZ5605 sadly this one does not show up in any of my tools

ODM0M2Y3MjRhNjhjZWQyM2QzN2M5YjE5OGE3ZWY2YzEznc3lpj099mmfjdEcC7B5aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThh-S5qcGd8fHx8fHw2MTN4NDYwfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0.jpg.7a11c08ed1f7f19f525d024ad165bd02.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage-classic/1939-argson-runnymede/5416829 (long since sold before anyone gets their hopes up sadly!)

I gave REV and Dolly a pat on the nose today and also your trailer, as @TheDoctor was visiting the FoD and we went over to have a look at them.  It was very wet getting there, though fortunately a bit drier where they were parked. Both Dolly's rear tyres have lost their air again, so I must pop her up on some blocks at the back, to keep her undercarriage out of the grass.

I took a photo of all three invalid vehicles together, though two are very smoll in the distance...

08-Feb-20 - all invalid cars together.JPG