LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

22 minutes ago, barrett said:

I'm sure it's popped up on one of your saved searches already, but this needs to be bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1954-Edn-ARGSON-INVALID-TRICYCLES-MANUAL/203275295749

oh very cool no I had not seen that one :) (have setup a new saved search tho!)

deciding how I should go about grabbing it as I know @OldBlokeInACaravan has a number of Argsons where im sure such a manual will come in quite handy

so wondering if I should just grab it myself and grab some photos of it as not to be a PITA or such

or see @Zelandeth would be up for another round of scanning in old Invalid vehicle ephemera? :) 

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Bloody hell another one @LightBulbFunhasn't seen! 

as also a bus enthusiast it tickles me how they are almost always papped next to a bus

but I suspect thats just because of all the vehicles on the road back then buses where the one most photographed, so had the most chance for incidental invacar :)

even our own @busmansholiday has papped at least one Invacar by accident 

On 11/12/2019 at 21:52, LightBulbFun said:
On 09/01/2018 at 16:36, busmansholiday said:

Here's something to cheer you up, not the Marshalls bodied Panther Cub, the Invacar sneaking into this picture I took around 1970 in Portsmouth.

171.JPG

Woop found the picture again at last! 

full reg will either be YPK899H or APK899H :) (and its a Model 67 as you know but a Model 67 Mk15 to be specific :) )

On 11/02/2021 at 12:12, barrett said:

I'm sure it's popped up on one of your saved searches already, but this needs to be bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1954-Edn-ARGSON-INVALID-TRICYCLES-MANUAL/203275295749

23 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

deciding how I should go about grabbing it as I know @OldBlokeInACaravan has a number of Argsons where im sure such a manual will come in quite handy

so wondering if I should just grab it myself and grab some photos of it as not to be a PITA or such

or see @Zelandeth would be up for another round of scanning in old Invalid vehicle ephemera? :) 

I noticed someone's lobbed a bid on it, is that anyone here?

On 2/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, LightBulbFun said:

Going to see how the bidding goes!! 

2 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

How about this one? A friend found it yesterday...

Note the red one!

Invacars at football match - MotherSoccerNL Twitter page.jpg

Yeah I have come across that one a couple times :) indeed the red/brown one is quite interesting and has Both me and Stuart a bit baffled, our current best guess is its a Tippen Delta, but something about the front does not look quite right (but the rear end screams Delta at us)

(for one theres no obvious front registration plate like there is on a normal Delta and there is a 3rd light a spot light? between the 2 head lights, like a tatra although the User could have made a smaller then normal front number plate like the ones seen on Invacar Mk10's and Harper Mk1's/Mk4's to make space for the spot light)

On 26/05/2019 at 10:44, LightBulbFun said:

I wonder what the reddish brown invalid carriage is here? im thinking some sort of Harper but im not 100% sure...

image.thumb.png.623319c461bd81cbf9788b808999f68d.png

on the note of football, I wonder when was the last football match featuring invacars on the pitch side? :)

(or when did they stop allowing people with invacars onto the pitch, if you where still using one in 2003, could you still drive onto the pitch?)

I'm pretty sure it is a Delta, and I think the number plate is under the bumper, but only four or five digits long. Does the red paint suggest a private car rather than a Ministry supplied vehicle, and therefore could it have a 'private' reg (ie, older than the vehicle)? I'm not even certain that's a third lamp on the front - looks like it's got AA, RAC and other badges pinned above the bumper. Could it be a large club badge - disabled motorists club or some such?

Screenshot_20210213-001000_Chrome.thumb.jpg.74c1d20ad73eff810758e16ae0fa4023.jpg

51 minutes ago, barrett said:

I'm pretty sure it is a Delta, and I think the number plate is under the bumper, but only four or five digits long. Does the red paint suggest a private car rather than a Ministry supplied vehicle, and therefore could it have a 'private' reg (ie, older than the vehicle)? I'm not even certain that's a third lamp on the front - looks like it's got AA, RAC and other badges pinned above the bumper. Could it be a large club badge - disabled motorists club or some such?

Screenshot_20210213-001000_Chrome.thumb.jpg.74c1d20ad73eff810758e16ae0fa4023.jpg

Yeah Red paint (or er gel coat) defo indicates its a private vehicle, yeah I noticed the AA and RAC badges too (although plenty of ministry vehicles had those stuck on)

heres a good photo of a Delta of a similar age and looking at it and comparing I think yeah looking at the front indicator placement it is indeed a Tippen Delta

s-l1600 (13) copy 5.jpg

and I think if I look at the photo just right I can make out plate mounted bellow the front bumper infront of the front wheel

Late Routemaster style

image.thumb.png.cf061c66d9a969194e6cf3266f0393db.png

23 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

are you the one bidding or just watching? :) 

I think ill take a pop at it, but I dont want to end up bidding against a fellow shitter

Forgot to say, if I manage to get the Argson book, I will scan it and put it on here if it's any use to anyone?? 

16 minutes ago, OldBlokeInACaravan said:

Forgot to say, if I manage to get the Argson book, I will scan it and put it on here if it's any use to anyone?? 

ah if your planning on bidding then ill hold off of course :)

and yes that would be most appreciated if you could scan it in for us if you get it! :) 

check this out Poor Model 70 added to the IMBD recently, quite pleased to have found it tho as its one Stuart has been looking for for a while now! http://rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=1024.msg3987#msg3987

image.png.9d47e393e2ebf1ebf921d9deda871db8.png

amusing Q407HCP is an actual "Invacar" on the DVLA 

316822182_Screenshot2021-02-14at17_10_53.thumb.png.14bdf4e8d7d5166f8cd00c63caf1d674.png

looks like it died for its TV roll sadly (although if im reading IMDB correctly its in Season 3 Episode 3, so maybe the scene is from a bit after 1989, and they simply found it already scrapped/stripped and used it as a prop?)

(going by the 1985 Date of first registration, I can say tho that I dont think it was Q plated for the movie roll, I think it was a case of, nabbed from a scrap yard by someone and Q plated to stop the ministry taking it back, much like Q231PVL/MPH759P)

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_1465718-AC-Invacar-Model-70-1985.html

going by the chassis numbers I  can pull etc and date of tax due on the original record  and date of first registration on the Q plate record it looks like it was originally AHK649L 

360393853_Screenshot2021-02-14at17_16_58.thumb.png.149a5dcd0f40101e85b81c71b519a0b2.png

heres an interesting one

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168594439983721/permalink/1900816503428164

image.thumb.png.5016e4e7d05448a2db1ed979fc5a8ed7.png

I have to wonder if its off an Old Invacar Mk8 as Most where Essex registered, and had a fairly unique small front plate to fit between the Unique Invacar front fork construction, which the above seems to match

Invacar-1953-Thundersley-4328-03.jpg

Ill have to remember YEV349 for when I visit the Essex archives :) 

• LightBulbFun changed the title to Invacar Model 70 Acquired! & general ramble thread, index on page 1, Model 70 survivors list on page 24, pre Model 70 AC and Invacar survivors lists added on page 134 :)

Its finally arrived!  After being let down by one courier, and helped by another, the Invacar arrived as it was going dusk this afternoon along with 'some' of the Argson spares, the rest is on its way!  So far so good, bearing in mind it's dusk, the Invacar looks good but it's damn heavy, but of course having three massive Argson batteries inside it doesn't help!  Photos have been lightened up...... Proper daylight ones to follow asap!   It's a late one..... The chassis plate says 10/77 !

IMG-2880.jpg

IMG-2883.jpg

IMG-2886.jpg

6 minutes ago, OldBlokeInACaravan said:

Its finally arrived!  After being let down by one courier, and helped by another, the Invacar arrived as it was going dusk this afternoon along with 'some' of the Argson spares, the rest is on its way!  So far so good, bearing in mind it's dusk, the Invacar looks good but it's damn heavy, but of course having three massive Argson batteries inside it doesn't help!  Photos have been lightened up...... Proper daylight ones to follow asap!   It's a late one..... The chassis plate says 10/77 !

IMG-2880.jpg

IMG-2883.jpg

IMG-2886.jpg

Awesome! glad to see its finally arrived along with some of the Argson's end trails!

I look forward to seeing more pictures of it tomorrow, always interesting to see what control scheme a Model 70 has and how everything is laid out, no 2 Model 70's are the same 

once I get its Chassis stamped Chassis number to verify its ID I will be able to tell you what its registration No is, and then we can V62 for that no problem :) 

I is very excited :) 

8 minutes ago, OldBlokeInACaravan said:

IMG-2880.jpg

What's the plan for the electric axles?

12 minutes ago, OldBlokeInACaravan said:

I've got three electric Argsons, so one for spares, and if anybody needs one?

have you got the 3 Argsons from the seller yet? if not, then those 3 Motors/axles may be for the 3 machines, I understand they where in bits, so best to make sure you have everything to complete those 3 before letting bits go :) 

I do hope those 3 can be assembled into complete machines again :) esp given they are Ex Heywood machines and on that note im curious do you know any other history of these 3 Argsons and Model 70 otherwise? (ie im curious to know where the Previous chap got em from etc, I wonder if the Model 70 is also Ex Heywood or not...)

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

have you got the 3 Argsons from the seller yet? if not, then those 3 Motors/axles may be for the 3 machines, I understand they where in bits, so best to make sure you have everything to complete those 3 before letting bits go :) 

I do hope those 3 can be assembled into complete machines again :) esp given they are Ex Heywood machines and on that note im curious do you know any other history of these 3 Argsons and Model 70 otherwise? (ie im curious to know where the Previous chap got em from etc, I wonder if the Model 70 is also Ex Heywood or not...)

No not yet unfortunately, due to the courier problems, the Invacar is full of Argson stuff (!) But small bits, I know one of the Argson 's coming is more or less complete and rolling but at best the other two will make probably one as the chassis have been cut !!

5 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I meant to say, I had the seller check, there's no damn chassis numbers on any of the Argsons! or history, the guy is a breaker who has a heart and won't break anything that's a bit 'unusual' .........

9 minutes ago, OldBlokeInACaravan said:

I meant to say, I had the seller check, there's no damn chassis numbers on any of the Argsons! or history, the guy is a breaker who has a heart and won't break anything that's a bit 'unusual' .........

ah thats a shame, one shoes up on the DVLA at least still, so that one should be sortable I think (or the one to rebuild from all the bits)

but im glad he saved them and the Model 70, did the breaker say where he got them from etc?

I have seen pictures (that I dont think I can share sadly) of 2 of those Argsons in the Heywood stores in the Mid 1990's

so it would be neat if we could figure out what happened between then and now :) 

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

ah thats a shame, one shoes up on the DVLA at least still, so that one should be sortable I think

but im glad he saved them and the Model 70, did the breaker say where he got them from etc?

I have seen pictures (that I dont think I can share sadly) of 2 of those Argsons in the Heywood stores in the Mid 1990's

so it would be neat if we could figure out what happened between then and now :) 

He can't remember, I did ask, he did say, he popped a battery on the Invacar and turned it over occasionally to stop it seizing, as it had been there years!