LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

maybe its worth looking at their other items on the website and see if their priced reasonably?

£350 PT Cruiser? http://www.wafrost.co.uk/product/2004-chrysler-pt-cruiser-2-0-petrol/

might give you some idea if they if they are any good or not

just tell me what to send and try and not make me look like more than the complete tit I already am  :mrgreen:

(never really done anything like this before, the most iv done is haggle with various lightbulb stores for cheaper lightbulbs...)

Excellent idea. MOT'd cars there for £300-400 so can't be more than 50% of that for a project, Shirley.

That said, I won't fall off my chair if they come back at £500.

I guess a figure on how much you would want to pay Max would be good

and then I can start low and feel my way up from there?

(say if your max is £200, i could start at £100 and feel my way up from there?)

I do know invacars (Model 70s) in similar conditions changed hands for £100-150

I can't see any breaker letting something go which is rare, gets the punters talking, and owes them sweet fanny adams, for sub £500.

On a good day.

Then there's the hassle involved for the yard owner in trying to extract the remains from an awkward resting place, without it breaking into a million pieces.

I hope I'm proved wrong!

Also, I'd like to add that I wholeheartedly approve of your plan, Egg. Do it!

There's quite a lot of jeopardy here

- seller won't name a price (I hate it when people do that) - which either means they are unmotivated or cunning as suggested above

- none of us have seen it in person

- plasticvandan knows of other Mark 12's that are probably in a better state anyway

- I don't have the skills anyway to restore it

- My garage isn't free until 1st March

- When they move it it might disintegrate into pieces

I think what I'll do, is ring them myself on Monday (let them sweat) and offer £150 - thanks for your help LBF - and if they want something silly for it, just leave it on the table.

There's quite a lot of jeopardy here

- seller won't name a price (I hate it when people do that) - which either means they are unmotivated or cunning as suggested above

- none of us have seen it in person

- plasticvandan knows of other Mark 12's that are probably in a better state anyway

- I don't have the skills anyway to restore it

- My garage isn't free until 1st March

- When they move it it might disintegrate into pieces

I think what I'll do, is ring them myself on Monday (let them sweat) and offer £150 - thanks for your help LBF - and if they want something silly for it, just leave it on the table.

sounds like a (very autoshite) plan  :mrgreen:  , is it alright if I just let em know that my friend will be calling in on monday? (just so i dont leave em hanging)

(I also know of another potential Mk12E for sale too, which already has a dating letter from ICR :) but i dont know what sort of shape its in twas just mentioned in passing so to speak when I enquired about a Model 70)

here we go this is what I sent :)

post-25614-0-91471300-1549625023_thumb.png

figured its a good opportunity to show them what a Model 70 actually looks like incase they happen to uncover one when trimming back the hedge or something  :mrgreen: (probably should of put "he is thinking about it and may ring in on monday" to make em sweat it slightly as you say, damn hindsight LOL)

getting back to the "regularly scheduled" programming

came across a much more recent picture of WOO848S :) (I have been wondering what became of this one so happy to come across a recent picture)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmrOHMlHsbc/

post-25614-0-65012100-1549627863_thumb.jpg

Im guessing it gets trailered everywhere sadly, as that would explain why she aint been Taxed since 2013, but spotted at a recent event (well the instagram post says drive, imagine being a bored police officer on ANPR duty and watching an untaxed invacar fly past and set off your camera  :mrgreen: )

(interesting to note the rear wheel arch, almost looks like someones stuck in a complete replacement repair section still in primer, but I dont think they ever made repair sections for these? and also the non standard "wing" mirrors)

could not wait until monday ay?  :mrgreen:

£300 is better then £500 at least! (dick longbridge and  captain_70s where pretty spot on then, sadly?)

still slightly pricey but I have seen worse (worse come to worse what are its parts worth, I guess the main thing of value would be its villiers engine? and thats assuming its not knackered)

I wonder if the 23 he got intially where also Mk12s or Model 70s

did ya explain that your the the guy I mentioned who would be calling on Monday?

(otherwise he might think theres more people enquiring then there is and that might cause him  drive the price up)

buy it...clean it up and better describe and sell for more moneys to pay for a cleaner one 

I guess it depends if egg actually wants a Mk12 Invacar or is wants one for the project/fun of it :)

does Egg have a SO? if so I can imagine him needing an invacar after what his SO would do to him after he shows up with this Mk12  :mrgreen:

I wouldn't piss about, Egg, just ring the place, agree to pay by bank transfer or whatever and then worry about getting it collected. As long as they don't mind keepint it say two weeks, that should buy you plenty of time.

I've been following this with a lot of interest and a lot of internal conflict.

When I was LBF's age I also had dreams of running about in entirely unsuitable motor cars, and managed to own some of them - usually with high ideas of learning to fix them up and eventually doing so.  Those ideas never came about and I don't have the excuse of a knackered back.

I don't regret anything: I had enormous fun behind the wheel of a Rover P6 that was older than me and broke down about every 50 miles, but I have to concede that the grim reality was not pretty.  I spent too much of my early 20s sitting on hard shoulders.  I really winced at some of the earlier posts from Cap'n 70s and others describing how looking after knackered old cars when you're young and don't have much money can really bring you to your knees.  I've been there and it wasn't fun.

But I've held back from discouraging LBF because your enthusiasm is so obvious and because there's so much of this community behind you.  I'm really touched by the way Zelandeth has taken you under his wing and I hope I would do the same if a member in my local area popped up.

Of course, they might be put off  by the Rover P6 that's been sat dead in my mum's garage for the last 15 years...

I don't want you to get into a difficult situation, but I've also seen disabled people do some really amazing things so with everything weighed up I can only say: GO FOR IT.

Egg, on the other hand, is a grownup and I can feel free to cheerlead him into buying a totally stupid lump of fibreglass - go for it buddy!

Well that proves me wrong! I’m impressed that the yard owner seems to be a lesser spotted sound bloke, and that he’s happy to talk sensible numbers.

As CC said, get the payment over, so it's yours. I’d insist that they don’t do ANY moving around with it until you arrive in person. It’d be a real shame to get this far, only for some meathead with a forklift to bugger it up because they’re rushing.

I honestly wouldn't pay £300 for it in that condition, maybe if more of the floor was saveable or even if the door was there, but need to work on the assumption that you're basically working with a fibreglass tub, the bare bones of an engine + transmission in unspecified workable order and little to nothing useable suspension + steering wise.

That said rarity v how much you want it, i'd say if you're ok with the price yourself, get the deal done.