LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

I think the DVLA mostly made Invacar records up ;-).

I can see why you'd worry about Q plate man thinking you are messing him about - but seriously, he didn't have a clue about the original plate until you got involved, so cut yourself some slack! You've also been straight enough to tell him the mistake (and it was a very honest mistake) too. All good.

it bloody well looks like it! LOL

and yeah looks your right :)

post-25614-0-32081300-1553800317_thumb.png

*big sigh of relief*

I can run another hpi for you, what reg do you want checking, and what info are you wanting from it

Oh that would be epic, can you tell me what VIN, MPH759P turns up? :)

(oh and any other info you think may interest me :) )

(many thanks for running these various VIN/Number plates for me! I hope they dont cost you anything?)

found another site that will spit out vin numbers!  :mrgreen:

and this one i found myself so I think i can share it without any issues :)

https://my.dvlasearch.co.uk/users/sign_in

from reading here https://dvlasearch.co.uk/ it looks like it uses official DVLA data, its normally a paid for service, but if you sign up you get 100 free "credits" which basically means 100 "successful" look ups

sadly it seems to suffer from a similar issue that the privately shared site I have, 

in that while I can for example look up MPH759P or GPG721K and they will show up, the VIN number section is blank sadly

(but looking up something taxed after Y2K will return a VIN number)

the fact that iv come across 2 sites that suffer from this "Y2K" issue, makes me doubly curious what lanciamatt's HPI check turns up, because I think HPI get their info from the same source...

on that note he said he was made aware of another one on an M plate somewhere in Sheffield, Shiregreen, and that once he gets his going he will go have a look at it for me :) , (he did not say what it was, but if its an M plate, then its either a Model 70 or a Tippen Delta)

One of my drinking budies works in Shiregreen, anothers from there and his parents still live there. Must be well hidden given the reputation that area has.

Simon of the ICR driving a Tippen Delta this morning

https://www.facebook.com/invalidcarriageregister/videos/639906223148302/

thats cool!

very cool to see a tippen delta that runs still :)

(hell its cool to see any villers invalid tricycle that runs and drives, so few exist, and those that do very few of them run or are road worthy, I dont think theres a single Model 67 on the road for example)

Right, mph759p has a chassis number D249. Year manifacture 1976.last change of keeper 01/04/1988.engine number 5264941.

Oh very cool! thank you very much, thats exactly what i was hoping for :) iv passed the info onto the owner, interesting to see the Engine number was recorded (on TPA621Ms V5 I dont think it was until Zel put it there)

also very cool to see that my number plate-chassis number triangulation thingy was correct  :mrgreen:

In case you haven't seen this  - may be of interest (I don't know how to copy and paste Youtube video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2ErPAoYMk

aye yeah iv seen it before but I appreciate you sharing just incase I had not :)

its always nice to look at some invacars in period time :)

its interesting that theres a Mk12 there, being collage age people, they prolly would of only fairly recently been issued an invalid tricycle, so I imagine they would of all gotten Model 70s as that was the current Model in 1974-1975

(its also interesting to see, and you can see the same in the football photograph, that the Last ones with white on black number plates where the L plate ones, I wonder if DW will get a correct set of plates made up for TWC at some point? :) )

(its also interesting to see, and you can see the same in the football photograph, that the Last ones with white on black number plates where the L plate ones, I wonder if DW will get a correct set of plates made up for TWC at some point? :) )

Not a chance. I hate black/white plates on anything built after about 1968. I reckon TWC might even be on her original plates. Entirely possible.

Not a chance. I hate black/white plates on anything built after about 1968. I reckon TWC might even be on her original plates. Entirely possible.

TWCs plates look like fairly modern laminated affairs? (especially going by the bleeding of the front plate)

I thought early black on white/yellow plates looked like so, whats on WHK372L?

post-25614-0-53830200-1550516372_thumb.jpeg

im sure a number plate aficionado could get us up to speed :)

Weirdly my Favorit has raised letter on aluminium reflective plates well into the perspex era.

post-20743-0-51539600-1554032165_thumb.jpg

Not seen another car this new with them (I've been looking since I got it). They have no dealers/makers markings either but they weren't a legal necessity until much later I think. I don't know if they had to be perspex from a certain date, though obviously they'd be cheaper than these. I like them and definitely won't be changing them.

I do wonder how the Model 67 was to drive, seeing as it had the same 197cc engine as even the early open frame Invacars, but it had a relatively big fibre glass body lumped on top, I cant imagine it was particularly fast...

That's a good point. About 8bhp rather than 20 is quite a difference! I wonder if the model 67 was lighter than model 70?

BTW, such a shame that no MK10 invacars remain of the 1000 built. Incredible that there doesn't even seem to be a picture of one (Stuart used an artist's impression in his book). You've not found anything on those have you LBF?

In case you haven't seen this - may be of interest (I don't know how to copy and paste Youtube video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2ErPAoYMk

I wondered what other youtubers would make of something like this but found that 'Comments are disabled for this video' which is kind of funny.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's a good point. About 8bhp rather than 20 is quite a difference! I wonder if the model 67 was lighter than model 70?

BTW, such a shame that no MK10 invacars remain of the 1000 built. Incredible that there doesn't even seem to be a picture of one (Stuart used an artist's impression in his book). You've not found anything on those have you LBF?

id imagine the Model 67 is somewhat lighter, as it has a much smaller engine, with a much less substantial chassis, but I dont know by how much.

iv come across a couple pictures of Mk10 Invacars

iv been wondering about the artist impressions thing, im not sure if it was done out of choice or if he really does not have any pictures...

let me dig up the pictures and ill post them here :)

(Iv updated the thread index with the recent updates the whole Q plate story)

Thanks. The Mk10 really is the forgotten 'modern' invacar.

im wondering what did the Mk11 look like?! :)

post-25614-0-28931900-1554048156_thumb.jpg

heres one photo of a Mk10, I know theres another better quality in colour photo of a Mk10 somewhere else too but i frustratingly cant find it atm...

what I want to know is where was this taken and are they still there?  :mrgreen:

post-25614-0-54955900-1554048195_thumb.jpg

they even have a front end for KPL :)

post-25614-0-98746900-1554048253_thumb.jpg

http://www.collectionspicturelibrary.co.uk/select.php?kwrd=Invacars&ptag=1

no idea where or when the pictures where taken sadly

MVW501P was the last taxed, with tax expiring in Feb 1995...

And HPJ since 1990. Sadly this place will be long gone

aye I figured as much sadly, (you can tell the photos are from a good while back/taken on film, going by their, tone? whatever the word is, they have that look about them)

wonder what the place even is, Invacar service centre or some scrap yard?

but imagine if there all still there, that would be an amazing find :)