LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

Yay! someone kindly ran RRE20L through a proper comercial HPI check thingy for me and managed to grab its chassis number finally :) 

RRE20L had been bugging me for a while since, since I had been informed it was a private Model 70 and indeed the fact it was not registered in surrey lent credence to that

I sadly was never able to confirm it, because it was last taxed in 1981! which means im not able to pull the chassis number with my normal tools

however a full proper HPI check type thing can pull the Chassis number of vehicles that have not been taxed for many years :)

and indeed RRE20L is a Model 70 that was sold new privately, its right consecutively behind JNJ135L which is pretty cool, although obviously there where a bunch of DHSS Model 70's in between those 2 private ones

I believe I now have all known surviving privately sold Model 70's documented, just 5 survivors 3 ACs and 2 Invacars, I wonder if any these was that one private one @Datsuncog talked about? (I suspect Invacar and AC each made about 25 private Model 70's for a total of about 50 between the 2)

RRE20L

JNJ135L

NPN924P

JHJ548N

REV451R

1 hour ago, lanciamatt said:

Your enthusiasm is an inspiration, fancy finding all lancia themas that have been registered in UK lol. Only kidding any news on the one you might be buying 

Thanks its good to know its good for something at least :D 

plans are afoot, a deposit may have been put down :) #veryexcited

On 6/26/2019 at 2:05 PM, LightBulbFun said:

on the spares car  can anyone ID this one? its not of a type I have seen on a Model 70 before, and is that a giant AC badge in the middle? it looks quite sporty LOL

image.thumb.png.447353d457202d6f11e53305e8dcc3a8.png]

That looks like a mountney one to me. They are an aftermarket supplier and sold wheels and bosses for all kinds of cars. 

e.g. http://www.leacyclassics.com/msw43fblb.html

Edit to add, having caught up I guess the make of the wheel is kind of redundant now. Hope your luck improves. 

Edited by djim

1 minute ago, djim said:

That looks like a mountney one to me. They are an aftermarket supplier and sold wheels and bosses for all kinds of cars. 

e.g. http://www.leacyclassics.com/msw43fblb.html

interesting, especially as that Model 70 has not been touched AFAIK since it left DHSS service in 2003

I was wondering if AC just grabbed the steering wheel off the AC Cobra production line or something :mrgreen:

sadly I dont know much about this Model 70's history, it may not even have started out in life as a steering wheel model!

(Most other steering wheel Model 70's I have seen have a big Bus like steering wheel :) )

49 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

That (gear?) lever looks like something Dr Frankenstein would pull to bring electricty to his creation! :-)

thats a floor mounted hand brake I think :) (TJN352R has something very similar) I think the smaller lever next to it release said hand brake :)

and then the red knob poking into shot (ooh err) is the floor mounted gear change :)

turns out when you point out to the ICR that a Model 70 they are using for official showings has a dodgy plate, they dont like that! im sadden to see this is how they chose to respond

I agree my initial comment could of been worded a bit better but I never accused them of ringing OYP595, (I was/am just slightly* frustrated at the ICR for how they have handled things very poorly from Dollywobblers early days with TWC to Egg with his Mk12, Fraser with VES108S, and now this response)

although funnily enough OYP595 was rung by the person who started the ICR before Stuart took over, sadly that person did not know how to handle the registration of invacars properly which resulted in a few ringers (Q202LDV and OYP595 for example) so in that aspect the ICR DID ring OYP595, but I left that bit out as that would just lead to more unnecessary tension

image.thumb.png.736e7b1e0945d74279c04a1fdad1f57d.png

edit: I think what bugs/saddens me the most out of their response is how they say "even fewer seem to care"

its not about the people who dont care, its about providing accurate and proper information to the few that do care, they as an Official registire should know this more than anyone...

28 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Thanks for the explanation. That is an impressively robust handbrake mechanism for such a small vehicle! :-)

indeed! the Model 70 was a very robust and overbuilt machine, certainly much better then most comparable Microcars of the day :) 

you can see TJN352R setup here :) https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-roller-coaster-ride/?do=findComment&comment=1819712

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

thats a floor mounted hand brake I think :) (TJN352R has something very similar) I think the smaller lever next to it release said hand brake :)

and then the red knob poking into shot (ooh err) is the floor mounted gear change :)

turns out when you point out to the ICR that a Model 70 they are using for official showings has a dodgy plate, they dont like that! im sadden to see this is how they chose to respond

I agree my initial comment could of been worded a bit better but I never accused them of ringing OYP595, (I was/am just slightly* frustrated at the ICR for how they have handled things very poorly from Dollywobblers early days with TWC to Egg with his Mk12, Fraser with VES108S, and now this response)

although funnily enough OYP595 was rung by the person who started the ICR before Stuart took over, sadly that person did not know how to handle the registration of invacars properly which resulted in a few ringers (Q202LDV and OYP595 for example) so in that aspect the ICR DID ring OYP595, but I left that bit out as that would just lead to more unnecessary tension

image.thumb.png.736e7b1e0945d74279c04a1fdad1f57d.png

edit: I think what bugs/saddens me the most out of their response is how they say "even fewer seem to care"

its not about the people who dont care, its about providing accurate and proper information to the few that do care, they as an Official registire should know this more than anyone...

I know I've had my toys out the pram and haven't seen eye to eye all the time on your thread,but this really riles me up,and really confirms everything I thought about this current incumbent of the ICR.im assuming they have  removed public posting now as I can't see it on their page,unless this was a private message?

Thanks for the response :) I do very much do appreciate it

I think you hit the nail bang on the head with your response

it will be interesting to see how/if they respond!, they have not deleted it, Yet!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/invalidcarriageregister/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2412051739112329

in better news im pleased to say that Scott milne responded to my inquiry about 1 Leg :) 

he said he will grab the chassis numbers of the 3 Model 70's he has without any registrations for me to decipher :) 

he also told me that he is the owner of LNO970P RPU821R and TTW991R, I knew he owned TTW991R, but did not know he owned LNO and RPU, (I was not sure who owned those 2 actually, so im happy to find out as I can now update my records accordingly :) )

he also has 2 Invacar Mk12's an AC Acedes Mk15 (im quite curious about that one) 2 Metal body AC Acedes, a Tippen Delta and even an Elswick Envoy :)

2 minutes ago, egg said:

I wonder what state his MK12's are in?

I won't comment on the ICR.

placing a Deposit is the big news though!

I was thinking about those Mk12's too, ill ask him when he gives me the Model 70 chassis numbers :) 

indeed :) the deposit was paid a few days ago actually but I have been keeping my cards relatively close to my chest for now, as I dont want any further interface or shiniagans LOL

unbelievable,ive been blocked by the invalid carriage register on arsebook!

heres what i wrote anyway!

This attitude has just confirmed to me that the ICR is nothing more now than a means to further the career and public persona of the current management rather than any actual interest in assisting owners and enthusiasts with the preservation,restoration and documentation of surviving vehicles.Dez has done more in the last year of becoming interested in these cars in documenting to the minutest detail anything he could find on these vehicles,and,as with a growing handful of new enthusiasts who are trying to restore their cars,received zero assistance or information from the register supposedly there for them,a quick look at the now removed visitor post section was evidence of that. I'm sure you all have some lovely power point presentations and events,but where were you all 20 years ago when no one gave a toss wether these things were saved or not?Had it not been for a tiny number of people of the same enthusiasm as Mr Roth,the DHSS would have continued their total destruction policy unhindered,and nothing would have escaped,and you wouldn't have anything to exhibit.
Please think for a moment what you want the ICR to represent,because at the moment it seems like another organisation is needed to take off where Julian and Stuart left off.

Aye looks like I have been blocked as well, and I kept my response fairly clean, just asking for information on OYP595 for my own records at least (I should of saved it like you did)

image.png.8b1ea41c074e597a823264b034224771.png

im curious if mine and Dans posts are still there, I have never been blocked from something on Facebook before so im not sure how it works LOL

ah well their loss!

6 minutes ago, plasticvandan said:

not as if they were any use to us or anyone else on here with a car!

Sadly :( im also saddened that this how they chose to respond, you would think an official register would be better than that :( 

I just had a friend of mine who was not banned from the group see if my comments where still there, and it looks like the entire facebook page/group is gone?

(so maybe we aint been banned, they just had a flounce and nuked everything?)

There have been issues with Facebook over the last few days, a couple of the groups I am following disappeared for a few hours yesterday; they came back this morning with no pictures etc and some of my friend's profiles no longer have photos.

I'm hoping it's a glitch, but if they have that sort of attitude to someone documenting these (or indeed any) vehicles then TBH screw them.

21 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

There have been issues with Facebook over the last few days, a couple of the groups I am following disappeared for a few hours yesterday; they came back this morning with no pictures etc and some of my friend's profiles no longer have photos.

I'm hoping it's a glitch, but if they have that sort of attitude to someone documenting these (or indeed any) vehicles then TBH screw them.

yeah I had seen the Picture issues facebook had yesterday, haven't heard of entire groups vanishing, but talk about timing if that's the case LOL

I wish I had saved the last couple responses that they and I posted, as I could see how someone might get pissed off at dans response and end up banning him (even if dans response does hit the nail on the head)

but I kept my responses mostly focused on OYP595, and never mentioned the fact that, to most people I have spoken to, the ICR  have been as much use as a chocolate teapot, so they would have to be particularly sore to have also banned me id think

(at one point they mentioned how OYP595s false plate was part of its history so it should stay, so I suggested they should fit the original registration to the Model 70, given the importance the original registration is to government invalid vehicles, but mention the vehicle's history in a little plinth, and put the plate "OYP595" on display somewhere for those that are interested in that aspect of that Model 70's history) 

as a side note I see the DVLA have updated the ICRs details, up until recently the DVLA still had Stuarts details as the ICR man, so I was hoping maybe stuart could sign off on Eggs V765, but sadly that wont be possible now

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/804458/v765x1-list-of-vehicle-owners-clubs.pdf

On 4/16/2019 at 9:14 PM, Jon said:

I've no idea about the history of invalid carriages in NZ but I did note that both of the above got their new plates and registration only 3 months apart and both are clad in a quite lurid coat of 2 pack red, so perhaps they were owned by the same person? It could well have been the guy I mentioned on here back in 2017 but I've no idea where he is now, so wouldn't be able to verify that!

just did a bit of sleuthing just now, and it looks like some Tippen Deltas may have made it to NZ when they where new, I wonder if they were privately sold examples, or if the NZ government had its own invalid vehicle scheme?

its also very interesting to see a Tippen Delta with a hard top, I dont think I have seen that before :)

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/70788-1960s-car-for-handicapped-driver

62534659_carforhandicappeddriver_zps1ymtpy9r.thumb.jpg.490eff8afb23e3c79477f59dfd8aa763.jpg

I'm afraid it does look like the ICR page is deleted. I've been keeping my nose clean on this, but I will say I do know that about a month ago they stopped people sending PMs to them on Facebook (I had this confirmed by management) - and this is the next step.

What a shame.

Quite frankly, I see no reason why a new car club for either just model 70s (or other Invacars as well) wouldn't now be the best way forward (getting DVLA accreditation). Dez and PVD have the contacts...

Aye I have had quite a few people recommend/suggest that I should do that :)

im currently thinking with things, there's a couple people I want to talk to about this in person who I will hopefully be meeting with soon :)

and while I do focus primarily on the Model 70 I would plan to include all invalid vehicles, as I find them all very interesting, just that Model 70's are my main focus/interest :)

4 hours ago, plasticvandan said:

unbelievable,ive been blocked by the invalid carriage register on arsebook!

heres what i wrote anyway!

This attitude has just confirmed to me that the ICR is nothing more now than a means to further the career and public persona of the current management rather than any actual interest in assisting owners and enthusiasts with the preservation,restoration and documentation of surviving vehicles.Dez has done more in the last year of becoming interested in these cars in documenting to the minutest detail anything he could find on these vehicles,and,as with a growing handful of new enthusiasts who are trying to restore their cars,received zero assistance or information from the register supposedly there for them,a quick look at the now removed visitor post section was evidence of that. I'm sure you all have some lovely power point presentations and events,but where were you all 20 years ago when no one gave a toss wether these things were saved or not?Had it not been for a tiny number of people of the same enthusiasm as Mr Roth,the DHSS would have continued their total destruction policy unhindered,and nothing would have escaped,and you wouldn't have anything to exhibit.
Please think for a moment what you want the ICR to represent,because at the moment it seems like another organisation is needed to take off where Julian and Stuart left off.

Fair play to you for stepping up and making your feelings known.