Pointless collection thread

pandamonium

So, you may remember my uncle had a Renault Scenic with a duff turbo...

Well, as he is off on holiday for 3 weeks and the MOT expires before he returns, I'm off to collect the car for him an dispose of it....

I've been offered 160 quid by a local scrap man in Southend, I just have to get it here - from LONDON! Cricklewood to be precise.

PRACE BETS NOWWW!

Will it make it back ok?

Will it even start?

Will it shit its turbo on the way home?

The things we do for family eh?

On a side point, turbos aren't expensive and I'm sure I can fit it..... do I try to save it? 1..5dci

Updates to follow. I leave Southend at 4.25pm

My brother in law has one of these with a knackered turbo. They have just come back from holiday in it.  He told me that it belched out clouds of soot under load and at one point climbing a hill they had to resort to first gear.

Added to that, the tailgate seals are shot and it was drawing fumes back into the cabin.  I'm surprised they weren't all suffocated from carbon monoxide.

Can't you just take it to a local scrappie? Surely not worth the hassle or possible danger of that long journey?

Also Google to see if it has an anti judder valve. On VAGs you just hold a plunger and it starves the intake of air so the engines doesn't run on - but it also works to stop it running in a runaway situation

Intake will just be off the back of the air filter

That was the most bum clenching drive I've ever had. Took a wrong turn and ended up on the North Circular. Bad move. It wouldn't go above 1800 rpm in gear, and felt like it cut out randomly. Intermittent smoking and rattly noises. Managed to get onto a motorway and sat at 50, but slowed to 40 for hills. 0 - 30 was tedious at best so tried to keep speed constant.

Made it back, and scrap man comes tomorrow. 

post-1804-0-98738000-1534274830_thumb.jpg