Barry'd from the factory

FakeConcern

Didn't the HA Brabham even come with matt black bonnet?

Planes at the time had a matt black bit to counter reflections in sunny weather.

HA Brabhams were quite under-stated, think they only got a sporty steering wheel and a couple of badges....HB ones had the bonnet stripes that went along the leading edge before dropping down along the wing.   The original GT HB had the matt black bonnet but it got deleted soon afterwards as apparently "too brash". 

Vauxhall did the opposite with the Firenza 2300SL which picked up lairier stripes than it started with.  (The pre-droop snoot Firenza before it became a Magnum)

HA Brabhams were quite under-stated, think they only got a sporty steering wheel and a couple of badges....HB ones had the bonnet stripes that went along the leading edge before dropping down along the wing.   The original GT HB had the matt black bonnet but it got deleted soon afterwards as apparently "too brash". 

Vauxhall did the opposite with the Firenza 2300SL which picked up lairier stripes than it started with.  (The pre-droop snoot Firenza before it became a Magnum)

Of course !

I was getting my HA and HB Vivas mixed up.

Is the current Viva HD? :)

The Holden Commodore had its fair share of bodykits over its lifetime

hdt-brock-vc-no-1-joshua-dowling-4.jpg

holden-hdt-vk-commodore-3.jpg

87hdtdirector.jpg?w=547&h=327

2560px-1992-1993_HSV_VP_Senator_sedan_01

1920px-HSV_Senator_%28Y_Series%29.jpg

Similar to the mk2 Cavalier Calibre which basically used up all the European stock from Imschiter. I had one it was as cross between Sri130 Cdi and a max power readers wet dream. I suspect that they were better when people put in the XE and 150 bhp.

Volvo did the same at the time with a touring car liveried S40 - a 2.0N/A I think, rather than a T4. As above, available with stickers, or a solid colour (again, white from memory). Both versions had tasty aftermarket wheels and side body skirts with aftermarket supplier 'shopping list' stickers, which looked particularly bizarre on the non-sticker one. Only ever saw one (without the stickers, natch.)

This never happened, I know because I haven't A. Creamed my pants and B. Bought one.