Audi A3 1.8 petrol 1999 12 months MOT roffle £7; 2 tickets for £12

doubleyeller

As per title really, this had a shagged bush which is now fixed. 137k on the clock, fairly good condition except drivers rear arch which is bubbly but paint unbroken. A few nifty Audi features like the windows that wind back up from the outside on the key. It's pretty presentable, Adrian Flux do cheaper Audi insurance. For the moon on a stick types, no warranty given or implied!
Happy to listen to offers. Located in Shipley West Yorkshire

post-20279-0-31602300-1533727636_thumb.jpg

post-20279-0-11873100-1533727723_thumb.jpg

post-20279-0-72921200-1533727767_thumb.jpg

post-20279-0-94473000-1533727831_thumb.jpg

post-20279-0-69346900-1533727967_thumb.jpg

The nifty audi features like the one you mentioned can be programmed on/off with anyone with the vagcom cable too. Theres usually a few relating to dial sweep upon startup, antihijack locking and the like. Good solid cars bu the 1.8 can be abit thirsty, but great build quality for that money.

where is this?

The nifty audi features like the one you mentioned can be programmed on/off with anyone with the vagcom cable too. Theres usually a few relating to dial sweep upon startup, antihijack locking and the like. Good solid cars bu the 1.8 can be abit thirsty, but great build quality for that money.

where is this?

Shipley, (Bradford area) West Yorks

ETA, train from Glasgow to Bradford is just over £50 so not bad at all

Alright you 'orrible lot, lets have a roffle instead! Where else can you win a car with 12 months ticket and a set of olympic rings on the front for just £7 a try or £12 for 2 tries?

ETA that is to say that if anyone turns up with £360 cash for this car, you can drive off into the sunset never to be seen again

This isn't eBay. If you are selling a car on here then there is an implied warranty that goes with it - that's the AS way.

I presume you're not being more than semi serious?

Nice idea, but that's rather kafkaesque to be fair - where do these rules exist and when did the membership vote them into being? 

It's a public forum and I stated my terms of sale. Surely that is all that matters?

And who would offer any sort of guarantee on a 20 year old car going for £360 - seems to me that if you do try and enforce this unwritten rule, nobody will sell or roffle anything on here?

I wasn't being flippant.

It's not a public forum - you have to sign up to become a member. As part of that club, there is a convention that we treat each other fairly including when selling cars - listing faults clearly and being honest about state of the car.

Most of us are buying cars blind and at a distance, which works on AS because of this convention.

It costs zero to sell on here instead the cost is complying with the convention. If you are selling a car on AS there is an implicit understanding that you agree to this.

If it is a struggle to follow this then there are always other ways to sell cars that don't include this site.

I have sold a couple of cars on here, the Morris Minor went to 17Coffees and after he agreed to purchase it I kept if for two weeks to sort out some issues that came about after the advert went up.

I treat selling a car on here the same as selling to family (I like my family) and am gutted when I find out something has gone wrong with them.

This is the reason the Alfa 156 of many went to the bridge.

It's not a public forum - you have to sign up to become a member. As part of that club, there is a convention that we treat each other fairly including when selling cars - listing faults clearly and being honest about state of the car.

Most of us are buying cars blind and at a distance, which works on AS because of this convention.

It costs zero to sell on here instead the cost is complying with the convention. If you are selling a car on AS there is an implicit understanding that you agree to this.

I don't have any quarrel with that. I have stated very clearly what any of the known problems with cars I have sold on here are to the buyer. All I am saying is that I do not guarantee no faults will then develop because old car. 

You obtain a car for £7 or some multiple by roffle or you buy for £360 outright, you have to keep your expectations in check. Shirley all the AS family understands that?

Agree expectations are of a car of that cost.

But there is a basic implicit AS warranty that applies which means all faults should be disclosed (and of course I am not talking about stuff into the future, unless mystic meg) and car described honestly.So saying there isn't one is a bit disingenuous - which is my only point.

Anyway will leave this to a Roffle now.