Let’s see the bodges that work

pauldoubleyou

Bodged this yesterday. Seeing as co2 extinguishers are two thirds liquid it’s got to be upside down as there’s a hose to the ‘bottom’ to avoid sucking up liquid.

Stupid extinguishers are Whitworth 21.8mm connections but I found a nut, made it work to what is actually a really nice argon regulator, flowmeter to a bodged 3/8” nipple to a hose to a converter to the 4mm weld hose.

Works great, extinguishers only have 59bar in them so it’s not even close to struggling.

It’s not a bodge if it works? Need to weld a stand now.

8c6e9a442296266356ebe5db91289640.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volvo 850 driver's door pillars are prone to cracking and breaking the spot welds around the check.

I wasn't keen on welding it because I don't know what wiring runs up the pillar, welding of stress failures never seems to work well, and I'd have to pay somebody to do the work.

I convinced myself that what I really needed to do was drill into the mounting plate and bolt it on with big washers. 

NcLKIUi.jpg

Since then I've refined the process by buying some really big washers, which I trim down so they can cover the maximum area and tapping the mounting plate so I don't have to try to get a spanner behind it.

Once the rubber boot is on you would never know, and the Mk1 repair is still fine after 4 1/2 years and over 40k.

C9Xev0k.jpg