Coolest-looking car engine ever

Sam Glover

The car is called the dawb6. A machine shop owner in Ireland fancied making his own car so he did. Apart from the glass, gauges and other small sundries, he made it all himself or by his machine shop. This includes that engine - a flat six air cooled motor mounted transversely fuelled by triple twin choke side drought Webbers. The drive to the (he built that too, naturally) gearbox was via a chain at the centre of the crank.

When it was finally completed, he drove it for a year or so then parked it up and moved onto his next project - a yacht.

It’s still in Ireland, now on display at the ulster folk and transport museum. I’ve been to see it and to this day, it is the most awe inspiring car I’ve ever seen.

The car is called the dawb6. A machine shop owner in Ireland fancied making his own car so he did. Apart from the glass, gauges and other small sundries, he made it all himself or by his machine shop. This includes that engine - a flat six air cooled motor mounted transversely fuelled by triple twin choke side drought Webbers. The drive to the (he built that too, naturally) gearbox was via a chain at the centre of the crank.

When it was finally completed, he drove it for a year or so then parked it up and moved onto his next project - a yacht.

It’s still in Ireland, now on display at the ulster folk and transport museum. I’ve been to see it and to this day, it is the most awe inspiring car I’ve ever seen.

Well knock me down with a feather! I have seen that car - but had no idea about the engine.