Interesting...

brammy777

Saw some interesting things today.First of all whilst on the train from basingstoke-farehamSaw Behind the former Eastleigh rail works, a row of about 12 double deckers, all Olympians with various bodywork, Leylands and Volvos. From what i can see a few of them had SOUTHERN VECTIS written on the sides, and the others were dark red with a blue band about 4/5 of the way down.Maybe for scrap but i dont know, there were no tools near, the buses themselves were quite far away from any buildings and none had been ravaged at all. all complete. Usually bus companies pillage scrappers.Secondly, On the train from Fareham-Brighton, i saw SO many old vehicles in fields. Gypsys perhaps? Notable ones include mk 2 transit, amongst other 80s tat, and a yard of old coaches, notably (the name eludes me but ill describe) Those double headlighted Fords, which looked like Bedfords, and were a staple of school trips even when i was in school, and mixing in them were ye olde plaxton paramounts. Some were okay, some were fucked, and two coaches were doing a ungodly act to each other.That yard hasnt changed since errrrr October 2007, its right by a level crossing.Another thing, i saw a massive plastic greenhouse FULL of 70s/80s Autoshite. At least 30 cars in there. From what i could make out, i saw a pea green marina with loads of dust, and an estate vauxhall (astra mk1) but by heck, my heart jumped! Other greenhouses were full of caravans so i really have no clue as to what is going on. The location is south of ford/barnham.Also someone in brighton is using a Rover 800 hearse as a window wash vanThat made my dayall doneanyone know anything?

Secondly, On the train from Fareham-Brighton, i saw SO many old vehicles in fields. Gypsys perhaps? Notable ones include mk 2 transit, amongst other 80s tat, and a yard of old coaches, notably (the name eludes me but ill describe) Those double headlighted Fords, which looked like Bedfords, and were a staple of school trips even when i was in school, and mixing in them were ye olde plaxton paramounts. Some were okay, some were fucked, and two coaches were doing a ungodly act to each other.That yard hasnt changed since errrrr October 2007, its right by a level crossing.Another thing, i saw a massive plastic greenhouse FULL of 70s/80s Autoshite. At least 30 cars in there. From what i could make out, i saw a pea green marina with loads of dust, and an estate vauxhall (astra mk1) but by heck, my heart jumped! Other greenhouses were full of caravans so i really have no clue as to what is going on. The location is south of ford/barnham.Also someone in brighton is using a Rover 800 hearse as a window wash vanThat made my dayall doneanyone know anything?

One of Nigel's stashes? :lol: I love what you can see from the train, I too have probably witnessed what you have many times along that stretch, it's so hard to pinpoint where exactly these things are though or how to get to them! Have to do a bit of orienteering to uncover them! :D

Interestingly, one of my first thoughts was someone off of heres stashes. The warehouse was something i always used to see when i went to brighton all the time in 2007, always full of shite.Yes train journeys are great for it actually, sadly never enough time to photo it. Ive seen a dilapidated Austin Gypsy just begging for a picture every time i go to andover. Fields full of cars are the best though!The bus journey is also producing many spots now, so miffed that UMM i saw wasnt when it was parked!

Did you notice Harris' scrap yard at Nutbourne on the way towards Chichester? On the right hand side before you pass though Southbourne, Bosham, Fishbourne & finally Chichester?The train ride towards Victoria through Surrey & all the south London suburbs used to throw up all kinds of interesting things! 8)

i dont think i did no:(But yes youre right with the london suburbs throwing up alot of interesting things.On the way to waterloo theres a tempo warehouse lying abandoned.remember that chime for tempo?dont sign on the dotted line til youve talked to tempo!theyve been gone since 2001.

If you follow the railtrack from Barnham to Chichister on google-earth, you can see a couple of yards stuffed with old coaches etc, could these be the ones? Not high res though, so difficult to make out exactly whats there.

Brammy, you say you were heading from Fareham to Brighton, i.e. west to east along the coast, were you sat on the right hand side of the train & all the things you saw were looking out of the right hand side? i.e. to the southJust to get a better idea of where you were looking

i was sat on the left looking back, as in the side of the train where the doors open upon it stopping at a station. Yeh that coach yard is right by the railway, and also right by a level crossing. The rear of the coaches are facing the tracks.

Saw some interesting things today. First of all whilst on the train from basingstoke-fareham Saw Behind the former Eastleigh rail works, a row of about 12 double deckers, all Olympians with various bodywork, Leylands and Volvos. From what i can see a few of them had SOUTHERN VECTIS written on the sides, and the others were dark red with a blue band about 4/5 of the way down.Maybe for scrap but i dont know, there were no tools near, the buses themselves were quite far away from any buildings and none had been ravaged at all. all complete. Usually bus companies pillage scrappers.

Sounds to me like the Bluestar garage (Bluestar used to be called "Solent Blue Line") and they are part of the Go-Ahead South Coast operation which also includes Southern Vectis and Wilts & Dorset (red and blue buses). There has been a big transfer around of buses recently and many have been used without being repainted into the correct livery. I was driving on shuttle services at Glastonbury Festival recently and a large number of Go South Coast deckers were in use.