smoll diesel

davehedgehog31

A lupo feels like it has brake fade all the time, typical of that generation of volkswagens. Mk4 Golf and Polo 9N have much improved bite and pedal feel, maybe they started putting the servo at the same side of the car as the brake pedal.

Interesting comments about the lupo SDI being shit on the motorway, I’ve always thought mine was pretty well suited to it, and pretty refined and quiet at speed. The tickover vibration is shocking though, I keep meaning to look into increasing the revs a bit to alleviate the issue

I keep meaning to look into increasing the revs a bit to alleviate the issue

It's achievable via VAG.com, I'd always planned to do ours but never got round to it TBH.

RE motorway use, don't get me wrong they're tolerable but certainly not the car I'd pick for that kind of stuff. You're the first person I've ever heard using the words 'refined' or 'quiet' to describe an SDI, let alone the Lupo version :ph34r:

Too late

EDIT: I mean, well done, another K11C in the fold

ANOTHER EDIT: And that one looks fugging horrible.

Same year and spec as Lord_Stirling's Roffle Micra, only more welding, twice.  So probably worth a little less than £90, going by previous roffle history :)

Congrats on not winning!

MOT history on that Micra shows corrosion on the sump causing oil loss, although I suppose it would have given you a chance to have replaced or welded the front subframe which are invariably fucked on these.

Oh yeah, it looked grim, it would have been a ridiculous thing to buy and a total roll of the dice which would probably have ended up weighed in before it's last MOT. 

Well, after all that I've paid the deposit on something small, not diesel and a bit more than I actually wanted to spend.

I'm ever disciplined.

It is a mental colour. Short haul collection caper to ensue tomorrow afternoon.

So, smoll but not diesel and barely shite.

It is however full BASE and almost avocado bathroom suite coloured.

Kollekshun caper was only 8 miles down the road but has involved three cars and two trains. a611e8df4183433b6ff92709e552bb5c.jpg1e457a8818ae807e78d61b42a2033753.jpg18b149eb484c3e76b3e086a8490dbf42.jpg

I had one of these when it was a few years old, it was a great little beastie. Fast approaching banger money but this was one is clean, original and feels tight as a drum. Should hopefully provide good service.

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

Re my comments about non/un Turboed engines. Having driven a Mk2 Astra Mert-it and some old 1980s Merc (no idea of model number) both without turbo they were both dire. The Astra would sit at legal limit all day. But years it took me to get there was not to my liking. Especially as I had just handed back a Pug 307 Turbo Coke Estate.

Now I am having a few more problems with my 307SW turbo system. after it was repaired just a few months ago with the same fault. I am very much against the complicated anti-smog devises coke powered cars have these days.

Plus travelling a round mainland Europe is getting a bit more difficult with more and more cities making clear air zones and older cars (mine included and it is a 2003) are getting banned from entering.

Just hope the UK does not erect too many smog zones.

Follow this for a guide on removing the DPF. 

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/307-sw-110-hdi-multiple-faults-302673/index4.html