New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all, thanks for accepting my registration 🙂

I've been a big fan of classic and semi-modern oddities for as long as I can remember. I'm really enjoying browsing around here, and find the "ebay tat" section especially pleasing.

Below are a couple pics of my shite;

The Toyota Alphard makes for an extremely useful family wagon, and the Cortina just puts a huge smile on my face every time I sit in it 😎

a.jpg

i.jpg

1c.jpg

1s.jpg

22 hours ago, Wibble said:

Wow! A red Cortina Mk5 estate is something I’ve been  wanting for a long time. Please tell us more.

Well believe it or not this is second red mk5 estate that's been in the family 🙂

My dad bought a 2.0gl way back in 94' for carrying all his bricklaying tools, and taking us on holiday. The car was a beast, and despite being stolen and recovered, then hit by front loader at work, and then rear ended by an astra at traffic  lights, it just kept going and it was still running when it was sold on with 160k on the clock

I purchased aln938y in 2013; it was used as a company car until 1984, then sold and kept by same person until 2012, it was then sold to their neighbour who I then purchased it from soon after. The car has spent most of the last 10 years in storage, but has now had its brakes overhauled and is very close to being back on the road 😎

8 minutes ago, RustHoarder2000 said:

Well believe it or not this is second red mk5 estate that's been in the family 🙂

My dad bought a 2.0gl way back in 94' for carrying all his bricklaying tools, and taking us on holiday. The car was a beast, and despite being stolen and recovered, then hit by front loader at work, and then rear ended by an astra at traffic  lights, it just kept going and it was still running when it was sold on with 160k on the clock

I purchased aln938y in 2013; it was used as a company car until 1984, then sold and kept by same person until 2012, it was then sold to their neighbour who I then purchased it from soon after. The car has spent most of the last 10 years in storage, but has now had its brakes overhauled and is very close to being back on the road 😎

That’s fantastic, thank you. My late dad had a red Mk5 estate company car, GYN428W and I’d love to have one, as it has so many memories attached.

10 hours ago, Wibble said:

That’s fantastic, thank you. My late dad had a red Mk5 estate company car, GYN428W and I’d love to have one, as it has so many memories attached.

Yeah brilliant cars, so many people have stories to tell 🙂

They do come up for sale from time to time, but are quite thin on the ground. Odd really as they were once one the most common estate cars in the country 

On 14/03/2024 at 22:50, RustHoarder2000 said:

I've been a big fan of classic and semi-modern oddities for as long as I can remember. I'm really enjoying browsing around here, and find the "ebay tat" section especially pleasing.

The Toyota Alphard makes for an extremely useful family wagon, and the Cortina just puts a huge smile on my face every time I sit in it 😎

a.jpg

i.jpg

1c.jpg

1s.jpg

lovely motors, where are you based?

Morning all,

Another newbie here.   Another one who followed Grizz from Retro Rides (having previously got to know him via the old Volkszone forum) and found Autoshite.

I've owned a lot of cars, mostly rubbish but with a few gems along the way.

Current motor is a  restored 1972 BMW 1602, but this week I've been offered a dodgy old BMW Z3 by a mate which I think I'll buy.    Been standing 7 tears with the roof not quite shut so the interior smells like a rotting swamp, starship mileage, no service history, starts most of the time - basically an absolute shed of a money pit - why wouldn't I buy it!

fcc754b9-f0eb-42f3-b5e1-d3f7693232c1.webp

5568ae9d-9a8c-4641-adf7-5a6d1b2171ac.webp

20240216_120813-EDIT-EDIT.jpg

12 hours ago, disasterbus said:

Morning all,

Another newbie here.   Another one who followed Grizz from Retro Rides (having previously got to know him via the old Volkszone forum) and found Autoshite.

I've owned a lot of cars, mostly rubbish but with a few gems along the way.

Current motor is a  restored 1972 BMW 1602, but this week I've been offered a dodgy old BMW Z3 by a mate which I think I'll buy.    Been standing 7 tears with the roof not quite shut so the interior smells like a rotting swamp, starship mileage, no service history, starts most of the time - basically an absolute shed of a money pit - why wouldn't I buy it!

fcc754b9-f0eb-42f3-b5e1-d3f7693232c1.webp

5568ae9d-9a8c-4641-adf7-5a6d1b2171ac.webp

20240216_120813-EDIT-EDIT.jpg

welcome aboard

On 14/03/2024 at 22:50, RustHoarder2000 said:

a.jpg

i.jpg

1c.jpg

1s.jpg

Welcome, one chodtastic Cortina there