New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

4 hours ago, J R Hartley said:

Hello all, another long time lurker here. I discovered this site from a mention on ARonline.

I'm particularly interested in BL/Rover and Japanese stuff, anything with an engine really!

welcome aboard, did you manage to locate fly fishing? and where u located at?

10 hours ago, stuboy said:

welcome aboard, did you manage to locate fly fishing? and where u located at?

Thanks and yes I did!

I'm in Dumfries and Galloway in South West Volvoland (although there seems to be a Saab preference locally).  I hope to make some worthwhile contributions to the site. 

20220309_090247.jpg

7 hours ago, J R Hartley said:

I'm in Dumfries and Galloway in South West Volvoland (although there seems to be a Saab preference locally)

Not too far away from me then. I'm in Ayrshire, right at the bottom about 20 miles from where D&G starts. Same Saab preference here. :)

4 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Because? Trying to tease?

Under orders to have less junk in office so decided hiding in loft was better than getting organised and throwing anything away. 
And I’m utterly useless and organising photos. 
I’ll dig them out and get them up as I really regret getting rid of that car. 

On 3/8/2022 at 5:39 AM, 62 Austin said:

I dare say you should paint the Reliant Robin "Pogweasel Purple"...maybe the Citroen AX, too. The Volvo doesn't look knackered enough.

Is the Robin the one they launched into space?

Finished painting the Robin recently, I've gone for a matt blue *wall and ceeling paint*. Lots of lacquer and it seems to be holding, so far 😂.

The Volvo's not doing too bad. Mechanically it is like new - no issues with anything, no rust, doesn't even leak oil! It has dents on every panel and scratches over the windscreen though. The interior is lovely and supprisingly not worn. 

20220307_164901.jpg

On 3/7/2022 at 10:31 PM, High Jetter said:

Welcome. Viva estate pics?

Viva pics scanned. Bonus glimpse of the roof of the Black Skoda Rapide and White Cavalier estate.

Looking frosty when the Head gasket went 

And if you look at the interior the rev counter was fitted in the air vent and the air vent repositioned just below.

Shame as a move made me get rid of 3 cars I'd quite happily own now.

Viva 1.jpeg

Viva 2.jpeg

Viva 3.jpeg

Viva 4.jpeg

Viva Dash.jpeg

21 hours ago, Chuck Buckles said:

Viva pics scanned. Bonus glimpse of the roof of the Black Skoda Rapide and White Cavalier estate.

Looking frosty when the Head gasket went 

And if you look at the interior the rev counter was fitted in the air vent and the air vent repositioned just below.

Shame as a move made me get rid of 3 cars I'd quite happily own now.

Viva 1.jpeg

Viva 2.jpeg

Viva 3.jpeg

Viva 4.jpeg

Viva Dash.jpeg

I learnt to drive in a HC. I was never a lover of the styling when new. Those estates certainly (IMHO) are more desirable then the  saloon.

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for years and think it’s time I contributed. As a serial Ford owner, with an increasing amount of cars from other makes in recent years I plan to start a thread consisting of my past and current fleet. I've started to gather photos from old hard drives and cupboards. Hoping someone will find it interesting!

4 hours ago, Rightnider said:

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for years and think it’s time I contributed. As a serial Ford owner, with an increasing amount of cars from other makes in recent years I plan to start a thread consisting of my past and current fleet. I've started to gather photos from old hard drives and cupboards. Hoping someone will find it interesting!

Looking forward to this, welcome on board🙂

5 hours ago, Rightnider said:

Hello all,

Poonerspism noted, carry on!

7 hours ago, Rightnider said:

Hello all,

Greetings, this sounds like it will be a chodtastic thread. I look forward to it. 

On 3/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, Rightnider said:

Hello all,

welcome abaord, cant wait for the pictures, and where you from?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for letting me join, I have as many have said before me been lurking around for years! I own a 1974 N reg Vanden Plas 1300, and a couple of boring modern cars. I have owned an amazing selection of shite over the years and used to be an avid reader of Jalopy magazine (anyone remember it?) I live in West Wales

6 hours ago, VP1300 said:

Thanks for letting me join, I have as many have said before me been lurking around for years! I own a 1974 N reg Vanden Plas 1300, and a couple of boring modern cars. I have owned an amazing selection of shite over the years and used to be an avid reader of Jalopy magazine (anyone remember it?) I live in West Wales

Croeso!!

20 hours ago, scooobydont said:

Long time lurker, joining up. Fantastic forum, love the content and threads. I don't own any shite I am afraid but am on here daily browsing. it's so good to find a forum that's not all about the new and shiny.

welcome along, where you from.